Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Bare minimum...

Glad you have power back on though.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Me and Dennis were talking about the weather before it hit.
I said don't worry about it Dennis, we get those all the time.
Dennis worried.
I said no big deal Dennis. This went off and on for about 30 mins.
The storm hit.
Ed said it was certified

Damn I'm a weatherman now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Im glad everyone was Ok.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Me and Dennis were talking about the weather before it hit.
I said don't worry about it Dennis, we get those all the time.
Dennis worried.
I said no big deal Dennis. This went off and on for about 30 mins.
The storm hit.
Ed said it was certified

Damn I'm a weatherman now.

I looked at the RADAR map on the phone and said something to the effect that " we are fixin' to get are arses kicked by this storm any minute." I had no idea how prophetic my words were!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Neither did I. If I ever see you again I will take your weather reporting to heart.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

"Climate Change Calamity Convention? East Texas Weather Workshop? Ed's Surprise"?

The only sure thing is, give this thing a weather-related handle and its GUARANTEED there'll be nothing but blue skies and gentle breezes from here on in.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
The electricians showed up about noon today, electricity restored at 4:00PM.

We walked the property and have discovered about 500' of fence down, dozens of big trees uprooted, and more snapped off.

It has been officially certified as an EF-1 tornado.

I haven't thought of the new name for our Gathering, but the "East Texas Gathering" is far too mundane.

"Climate Change Calamity Convention? East Texas Weather Workshop? Ed's Surprise"? grin

Ed

"Dances with tornadoes"? grin

All joking aside, we were very lucky to have no injuries.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We were very Fortunate to not have any injuries!

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures that were taken, not only of the damage, but of the shooting events. I know Seafire took some, I took a couple with my phone, maybe someone else did too?

Thanks again to all who came and participated. It was still fun, particularly watching the kids enjoy themselves.

Thanks to all for the prayers and good thoughts.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It was indeed a blessing that no one got hurt!
Ed and Barbara were so kind that they had offered us to stay in the barnhouse with the kids, so that pitching a tent in the rain at night wouldn't be a problem.
We got there and it was sprinkling as we unloaded the car, 2 kids out and I saw the transformer far out sparkle and then explode... lights out and someone somehwere turned on the wind turbine.

It was puring sideways and Randy commented "they are getting wet out there with wind like this"... I'm sure those who helped us unpack were glad to be in the barn and not departing with Miles and Curdog

I had to go and unload the little one still strapped inside the car and got her back.
Kids were more concerned about the bugs chasing them because of the flashlights than the thunder, rain and wind.

They enjoyed jumping in the puddles the following days, as well as climbing in fallen trees, roasting marshmellows, sleeping baags on the carpet, watching muzzleloading guns as old as their owners :D, eating bacon, playing with dogs, horses, guns, riding the haystack tram and the Kubota UTV, they even "helped" clear the downed tree obstructing the way to the shooting range, but I am sure the high for them was not having to take a bath for 3 days! (Denisthewindsock: we had a bathroom, but no water)

Everyone was wonderful and helpful, enjoying time with friends and making the best of it and having a great time. Can't wait for the April polar vortex and snowman shooting competition Ed will have to arrange for next year.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I can't even imagine a storm like this in New Hampshire. I will join all others and say that I'm happy everyone is Ok. Everything else can be repaired.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B3

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sponxx
It was indeed a blessing that no one got hurt!
Ed and Barbara were so kind that they had offered us to stay in the barnhouse with the kids, so that pitching a tent in the rain at night wouldn't be a problem.
We got there and it was sprinkling as we unloaded the car, 2 kids out and I saw the transformer far out sparkle and then explode... lights out and someone somehwere turned on the wind turbine.

It was puring sideways and Randy commented "they are getting wet out there with wind like this"... I'm sure those who helped us unpack were glad to be in the barn and not departing with Miles and Curdog

I had to go and unload the little one still strapped inside the car and got her back.
Kids were more concerned about the bugs chasing them because of the flashlights than the thunder, rain and wind.

They enjoyed jumping in the puddles the following days, as well as climbing in fallen trees, roasting marshmellows, sleeping baags on the carpet, watching muzzleloading guns as old as their owners :D, eating bacon, playing with dogs, horses, guns, riding the haystack tram and the Kubota UTV, they even "helped" clear the downed tree obstructing the way to the shooting range, but I am sure the high for them was not having to take a bath for 3 days! (Denisthewindsock: we had a bathroom, but no water)

Everyone was wonderful and helpful, enjoying time with friends and making the best of it and having a great time. Can't wait for the April polar vortex and snowman shooting competition Ed will have to arrange for next year.

Storms like this are scary for adults, but on the bright side those kids will fondly remember this family experience! grin (

(I can see it now: "Make another storm, Daddy!" wink

Really glad nobody was hurt!

John

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I haven't thought of the new name for our Gathering, but the "East Texas Gathering" is far too mundane.

"Climate Change Calamity Convention? East Texas Weather Workshop? Ed's Surprise"? grin

Ed

Blow Hard Convention? grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F

Ed

Best yet! laugh

John

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Maybe it should be The All Wet and Hard Blow Convention.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by krp
Winds so high it lifted him off his feet, Kent

So, ........I reckon a "campfire" was out of the question.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Ed

Scott! You show and that would be it! LOL! laugh

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by krp
Winds so high it lifted him off his feet, Kent

So, ........I reckon a "campfire" was out of the question.

There was one burning quite well in anticipation of roasted marshmallows and S'Mores when the storm hit. Nothing like a good, old-fashioned toad strangler to put out a fire. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There was one burning quite well in anticipation of roasted marshmallows and S'Mores when the storm hit. Nothing like a good, old-fashioned toad strangler to put out a fire. grin

I know that you got more rain after we all left, so did the tarps keep your roof from leaking? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Ed

Scott! You show and that would be it! LOL! laugh

I resemble that! No wait, I think that is the wrong word....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bump for seafire. He's home and has pictures.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (007FJ, 163dm, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 3,148 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,096
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.