Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogzapper
We always had a "loaner gun" in my jewelry store. The handgun was absolutely clean and it was to be used in case I shot a holdup guy who appeared to be armed, but wasn't.
Our local police chief also advised me to never leave a holdup guy alive. If they are wounded, they can sue you ... dead men tell no tales.

http://stevetimmcatholicfsblog.intuitwebsites.com/

And you got no problem with what you write about on your 'Christian' blog, and what you've written in your post above...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you had planned to kill some poor soul if he or she, had an unusual bulge in his trousers and you having judged it to be a weapon?

And then throw down the clean gun to justify the murder of the unlucky stiff by lying and saying you were being robbed by an armed robber?

And this was indeed taken from your Catholic Blog?

Last edited by GeoW; 04/25/15. Reason: couldn't believe it the first time I read it.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When living in S.Fl I was involved in 2 attempted armed robberies, stopped 2 strong arm robberies and terminated an ABHAN in progress.
7 years in LE and I never had to kill a single person.
In the last 10 I've laid hands on one and restrained him till the county came and got him and deterred a car jacking.

And I sleep like a baby.

You gun show commandos talk a lot of chit because you've not seen the orange sparks.
Dropping guns on unarmed robbers...pumping shotguns and giving away your position.
Hope you never do have to use your weapon.

Carrying a weapon is a martial art.
And the art perfected in your mind and on a target range is as effective as the art of swimming perfected on dry land.
Do some people require killing?
A few.
Most not. But you have to be able to discern and most are to lazy and scared to take the time to judge.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by antlers
We always had a "loaner gun" in my jewelry store. The handgun was absolutely clean and it was to be used in case I shot a holdup guy who appeared to be armed, but wasn't.
Our local police chief also advised me to never leave a holdup guy alive. If they are wounded, they can sue you ... dead men tell no tales.

http://stevetimmcatholicfsblog.intuitwebsites.com/

And you got no problem with what you write about on your 'Christian' blog, and what you've written in your post above...?

Antlers,

I take it that you are an avid reader of my "Christian" blog grin Not too surprisingly, a lot of the 24HCF guys and gals are, so maybe you follow my words ... I've learned not to judge.

We retired from our store twenty-three years ago. That is over two decades ago, for pity's sake! Almost a quarter-century and I was just saying what we did then.

Probably thirty to forty percent of our customers had some connection to the drug trade, plus we had lots of customers who were with the Mob. Over the years, we lost significant amounts of our inventory, literally our life's savings, several times.

Frankly, at that time in my life I was not going to go down without a fight. But strange things happen ... one armed robbery in downtown PDX, two armed gunmen walked into a store and held it up. The owner, a friend of mine, shot one of them ... the gunman's buddy scooped up the wounded mans handgun and ran out the door. What Jesse was left with was a dead gunman, no witnesses and no gunman's gun.

Happily, the alleged felon had a rap sheet for armed robbery.

Anyway, if you have a problem with what I did well over twenty years ago, that's fine. I never used the "throwaway" gun, but I was prepared to use it.

A lot of the LEO I know also carry them ... as did my friend, Bill Jordan.

If I had a retail jewelry store today, would I have a throwaway? First of all, in today's drug society, I would not even think of owning a jewelry store, so your question will go forever unanswered. Sorry about that.

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ringworm
When living in S.Fl I was involved in 2 attempted armed robberies, stopped 2 strong arm robberies and terminated an ABHAN in progress.
In the last 10 I've laid hands on one and restrained him till the county came and got him and deterred a car jacking.

And I sleep like a baby.

You gun show commandos talk a lot of chit because you've not seen the orange sparks.
Dropping guns on unarmed robbers...pumping shotguns and giving away your position.

And the art perfected in your mind and on a target range is as effective as the art of swimming perfected on dry land.
A few.
Most not. But you have to be able to discern and most are to lazy and scared to take the time to judge.

And you are absolutely sure I have never hand to use a gun in as you deem it a "martial situation".

Just because one doesn't go spouting off about doing such things on the Internet doesn't mean they haven't done them.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
For someone to "use" a throwaway gun would mean , your LEO friends would be willing to plant evidence, shoot unarmed people, and lie under oath in a statement.
Not the kind of people I would count as friends, but...birds of a feather, and all.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I would have never told.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"I refuse to be a victim of violent crime!"

Those are the words of Lance Thomas, a watchmaker who took his personal protection and the protection of his watch repair store seriously, being involved in 4 shootouts with 11 robbers and various gang members over several years...all good shoots in the second most liberal and gun-unfriendly city in the US.

There are several TV shows and documentary film footage on him that can be googled up.

Here is one from the Justice Files.

Lance Thomas Interview

It's a good story, and he is a good guy, but I don't care much for his tactical approach.

I think he was damn lucky to survive.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

And I sleep like a baby.

A few.

And you've sucked 3 dicks and banged 4 black chicks, don't mean that's what I want to do or should do.

Pretty simple, don't want to get shot, don't rob.

You're a [bleep] idiot Cohiba, always have been, always will be. Regardless of name change.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm sue, out of anyone here, you'd be the least disappointed by prison life.
So carry on. Show how big and bad you are, shoot you a shoplifter...preferably a black.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm sue, out of anyone here, you'd be the least disappointed by prison life.
So carry on. Show how big and bad you are, shoot you a shoplifter...preferably a black.

I've no doubt you are Sue. Never thought of you as anything but a bitch, Sue.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Oh my god...auto correct put sue instead of sure...you win.

Yawn

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Whatever you say, Sue.

Damn shame an electronic device is smarter than you, though not surprising.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steve I hear you loud and clear, they're not stealing my property but years out of my life.

I don't work for anyone else, every bit of property has our time stamped all over it.

motion alarm went off at 3:30 a.m. last night, troopers no longer respond and even back when they did, they can't enter the bldg w/out back up so I went inside and cleared it myself. Told him I get it, it's just another biz to you, but for us it's our life and the livelihood of almost 50 people.

so what are folks sposed to do when someone enters your house and appears to be unarmed but starts hauling off your flatscreens and laptops?

it's not cheap chinese junk they're robbing you of as much as your feeling of sanctuary of being at home and your well being.

there's lots of laws that are wrong, not shooting, thieving, stealing varmints is one of them.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Esox357
Most states do not recognize use of deadly force for theft!

Remember not long ago that guy that waited for the two teens who had broken into his home a few times. He waited and killed them both. He got put in prison.

Who said shooting is deadly force? It certainly can be otherwise according to classes I've been in.

But I get your point, my point is, while there are laws about this, there should NOT be....

You start the game, I should be able to legally finish it. Woudl be a lot less players that way...

I can't say that I disagree with you but in today's society they expect the working person to be the victim?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
For someone to "use" a throwaway gun would mean , your LEO friends would be willing to plant evidence, shoot unarmed people, and lie under oath in a statement.
Not the kind of people I would count as friends, but...birds of a feather, and all.

It's the GD ones that pretend to be friends with St. Peter that you have to watch your backs on.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

so what are folks sposed to do when someone enters your house and appears to be unarmed but starts hauling off your flatscreens and laptops?

Burglary of an occupied residence is pretty far up there as a dangerous felony in a traditional self-defense analysis. Some states have a castle doctrine to make that more clear.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I take it that you are an avid reader of my "Christian" blog grin Not too surprisingly, a lot of the 24HCF guys and gals are, so maybe you follow my words ... I've learned not to judge.

Consider the following; I have worked literally all of my life to accumulate a couple of thousand bucks and a little gold. Should I allow this 14-year old black puke take away thirty years of my hard work and sweat???

Right, wrong ... legal or not ... moral or immoral ... any right-thinking person is going to press the trigger and send the alleged felon sonofabitch straight to HELL.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Consider the following; I have worked literally all of my life to accumulate a couple of thousand bucks and a little gold. Should I allow this 14-year old black puke take away thirty years of my hard work and sweat???

Right, wrong ... legal or not ... moral or immoral ... any right-thinking person is going to press the trigger and send the alleged felon sonofabitch straight to HELL.

[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Think carefully about answering this please ... your answer may dictate whether I continue to participate here at the 24HCF or not, not that anyone gives a sh1t. And, truly, not that I personally give a sh1t.

Let's consider the scene. Milwaukie, Oregon has about a 1% black population and a 14 year-old black gang member is standing in my store with a shotgun pointed at my chest, demanding all of my money and all of my jewelry. And I am not supposed to kill the black sonofabitch if I can????
You bet yer azz you should - and do so promptly..

Surely, you must think I am a coward and I have not killed men before.

And that's just the way it is.

Steve

It is, indeed..

But if the little twit is just doing a quick smash-&-grab (w/o any firearm/weapon), in the majority of states you can't shoot the little a-hole..

And THAT - should change..

Last edited by Redneck; 04/26/15.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
241 members (300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,652 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,926
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.