Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Like DancesWithGuns, dispite having four Super Walmarts within 30 minutes of where I live N.E. of Houston.....really have a problem remembering when any of them had 22 ammo. Do recall a clerk of one of the Walmarts I visit more often responding to my question about, "you ever get in 22 LR ammo in stock". Her answer was yes. My next question, "Are the same guys always buying it?" She didn't give me an answer, kinda just walked away.

But, other places that sell ammo in my area have had some kind of 22 ammo in stock for a number of months now. Might not be what I'd like to buy for the 22 rifles I like to shoot, when it comes to accuracy, but its 22 ammo and some of it is reasonably priced.

GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
PSA in Bluffton had a pallet of CCI SV t oday, no limit
$50. a brick

Coach

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LGS had some CCI Stingers this week. That's the first batch they've had since. Sandy Hook. $11 per box of 50! Yikes!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Still bad, some available but expensive and no choice other than what's here today. It will be gone by the next day. Other thing that is really hard to come by STILL is powder. Traded a Federal bulk pack for Titegroup the other day. Seems trading one can find more options.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've stopped looking. Think I may be able to handload 38spec cheaper.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm considering a Ruger American in .17HMR, just because there's plenty of it. A little pricey...but hey, so is .22LR. The LGS was asking $10.99 for 50 Mini-Mags! $13.00 for 50 .17's.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
My local shop has Winchester hollow points. $10 a 100. He thinks the bubble is starting to burst.

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
.22? What's that? I haven't seen any except that crappy Rem Thunderbolt garbage in years.

Because through judicious handloading and a bold sense of optimism, you can make anything into an .88 Magnum - once! 😁 - chesterpulley
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought, "What a stupid thread!"

Then last night the wife and I were trapped off island by traffic jam on the bridge. We strolled through Walmart to kill time. I wanted to show her the ammo shortage. I told her guys were buying 22 ammo and posting pics like a hunting trophy. I said, "See, they have a sign that says we are out of 22 ammo, and cabinet is bare!"

Then I noticed that there were three little boxes in there.
I bought them. The wife asked if I was going to post about it. I said, "No, I'm not that shallow."

[Linked Image]

Well, maybe I am.
$3.27/ box

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From time to time you can pick up a box at the Local gun shop. Limit of one 100 round box per customer. No choice as to brand or load, you just get what they have. I haven't seen any Remington or Winchester 22LR for sale in a couple of years.

Harry
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
LGS had some CCI Stingers this week. That's the first batch they've had since. Sandy Hook. $11 per box of 50! Yikes!!!

Our Cabela's in Springfield had the Stingers available.

Two box limit, per 50 ct box. $7.99.... and still too danged much IMO.

Grudgingly, I bought them and stashed them with the rest of my small horde.

When WalMart gets anything in stock - the "whore'ders" line up in the dark before the store opens and buy all they can. Then they try to sell in for unbelievable prices to the uninformed...

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Was at the Academy store in NW Austin a few days ago, was shocked to see lots of CCI, and Federal. Academy has been good about keeping some Aguila around as well. It was on the pricey side, but bought a box of the hollow point Federal for $3.50.

I usually see .22 RF at my local gun shops now, so I pick up a box or 2 occasionally. Walmart is a total waste of time for me to even check. I am waiting for the bulk Blazer to show up, will get a brick or two of that when I can. It shoots well in all my guns.

Last edited by HE112; 05/03/15.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The hoarding seems to be easing up in Michigan. I've seen 22LR ammo for sale on the shelves of three small shops in the last two weeks, and at reasonable prices.

I was pleased to see one local gun shop go out of business a couple months ago. Normally I would not say such a thing, but this place was notorious for price gouging on .22 ammo during the worst of the hoarding. It was well known around the area that staff from the store would pick up bricks of ammo on the cheap at big box stores and then resell it for 4 to 5 times the price in their shop. People took notice of this gouging, resented it, and the shop is now closed.

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Phil99...good point on the gougers, it is time for them to pay for their greed. I also remember how Cheaper than Dirt were charging $199.99 for a brick of Armscor .22's awhile back. I always throw their catalog in the trash when it comes to me.

I went to my Austin Walmart today, low and behold, some CCI brand .22 inside the glass door. Wow, been years since I have seen that, looks like things are easing up.

Last edited by HE112; 05/04/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"cheaper than dirt" "$200 brick"

Ha!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Crises tend to bring out the worst in people, or the best in people. I think it is the same with businesses. My LGS seems to be charging "higher than expected" prices, but then I don't know what they had to give for it. They certainly aren't gouging to the extent some are.

When the various "black rifle" or "semi-auto" crises happen, they don't overly take advantage. They no longer discount, and charge MSRP, but they don't gouge. As you might imagine, hey also sell out pretty quick!

I have also seen them treat unknowledgeable widows fairly.

They have more than earned my business.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Clarksville guns and archery
actually seen flashy banner ad on here at top of page last week

had remingdog thunderbolt for 5.99 a box
bwahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!
fugging tackleberry scalping azz clowns...........

Last edited by renegade50; 05/04/15.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
We came though the upper mid west last week.. One store had some yellowjackets for about 7.00/bx.. Many little sport shops had signs out .22 ammo for sale.. Didn't stop to check those.. Quite a few had signs in Wis.. In Minn. Wal-Mart had the first CCI Minimag HP I have seen since this scare first started it was about 8.00/bx. Stopped to get a Mich. fishing license in the UP/ ask about .22 shells, the limit was 3 bx. Fed. lr solids for 18/325..
This morning at another shop they had Thunderbolts and Golden HP for 24/525.. The guy said they will go quickly once news gets out that the store had ammo. Bought some for the guys back home if they still need it.. Hope this is a change for the better..

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
We came though the upper mid west last week.. One store had some yellowjackets for about 7.00/bx.. Many little sport shops had signs out .22 ammo for sale.. Didn't stop to check those.. Quite a few had signs in Wis.. In Minn. Wal-Mart had the first CCI Minimag HP I have seen since this scare first started it was about 8.00/bx. Stopped to get a Mich. fishing license in the UP/ ask about .22 shells, the limit was 3 bx. Fed. lr solids for 18/325..
This morning at another shop they had Thunderbolts and Golden HP for 24/525.. The guy said they will go quickly once news gets out that the store had ammo. Bought some for the guys back home if they still need it.. Hope this is a change for the better..

Did you happen to pick up some for the guys in Northern Michigan who need it, too? wink

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
bruin, I think it was yesterday I bought the 525 pack in Petoskey.. They were out on the counter.. Other places I had to ask..

Molon Labe
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 28 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,321
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.