Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The accused has the right to call witnesses. It's in that little thing we call the Constitution.

Very true, but ......

I've read the U.S. Constitution more than a couple of times and damned if I can find a clause in it where it states the U.S. taxpayers must pay for the defense witnesses to attend trial.

If the "parents and buddies" of the already-found-guilty want to come testify, they should dig into their OWN pockets for the tab, not mine.

After all, the Taliban, etc., have millions of $$$$$ they can spend to get off one of their own.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
The accused has the right to call witnesses. It's in that little thing we call the Constitution.

Very true, but ......

I've read the U.S. Constitution more than a couple of times and damned if I can find a clause in it where it states the U.S. taxpayers must pay for the defense witnesses to attend trial.

If the "parents and buddies" of the already-found-guilty want to come testify, they should dig into their OWN pockets for the tab, not mine.

After all, the Taliban, etc., have millions of $$$$$ they can spend to get off one of their own.

L.W.

Should that just apply to this guy, or all defendants?

How about attorney's?
Should be apply the same principle to attorney's?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
No way do witnesses have expenses paid to attend trials. This isn't close to a fair trial issue, that's silly.

This is a political exception and shouldn't be allowed... ever.

Kent

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
You really don't think a bunch from Mass. is going to declare the death penalty? This is the land of Ted Kennedy, Lurch and Romper Room Rommney.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
No way do witnesses have expenses paid to attend trials. This isn't close to a fair trial issue, that's silly.

This is a political exception and shouldn't be allowed... ever.

Kent

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/1821

Well, I guess they do get paid.

So instead of the bare minimum declared by law. They get special treatment and billing law firm instead of a public defender.

Problem with 'fair' is... if any of us were on trial we wouldn't get this.

Some's fair is fairer than others.

Kent

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
It's no longer a Country of, for or by the People.
We're ruled by degenerates and lawbreakers.
Big Brother Rules

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have to remember that all the lawyers in Congress get to make all the rules that keep the lawyers in the money. Tax payer money. It's simple, he who makes the rules gets to keep all the money.

They have no intentions of telling the tax payers just what they are paying for, it would ruin it for them. Public defenders and experts are paid with taxpayer money. End of story. Stop voting for lawyers and maybe some of this crap will end.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
would have been cheaper to just have them all killed.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

What's your solution?

He can call all the witnesses he wants. I think the issue is who has to pay for them. I don't see anything requiring taxpayer funded penalty phase witnesses in the Constitution.

Do you want a one tiered or two tiered justice system?

if you don't realize we already have a two tiered justice system you haven't been paying attention.

I have a hard time believing you don't pay attention.

there's rules for the ruling elite, the celebrities and there's rules for the common folk

justice, uh scratch justice, bad word, the legal system and application of it's laws are not applied equally to all classes of people

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t get bogged down in the semantics of the thing. A VW Beetle and a high end Lexus are both still cars, but more people can afford the Beetle than the Lexus. The Constitution provides minimum protections, not “perfect world” protections. Paying for the defense of indigents has been grafted into the Constitution by judicial precedent, but it should not mean that an indigent gets a taxpayer funded dream team or a deep pocket to fund fantasy defenses designed to create reasonable doubt. I don’t see how that entitles a person to fly in witnesses from other parts of the globe on the taxpayer’s dime to testify during the penalty phase about what a good boy the convicted mass murderer was. The family was over here under a claim of political asylum but seemed to have no trouble flying back and forth to the motherland whenever it suited them. Well, living far away has some disadvantages, but it still looks like a choice to me.

I really don’t see it being about different rules. America provides equal opportunity, not equality of circumstance. Bill Gates can buy better everything than me, including lawyers and health care. So what. My middle class lifestyle affords me a living that over 90% of the world cannot have.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

What's your solution?

Zip ties, Black hood, C-130, GTMO.

Last edited by rlott; 04/26/15.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Notice, I didn't say we had achieved it.

Good man. You didn't let me down, after all.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." Dick the Butcher in Henry VI

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

He sure does. However, don't recall anywhere it says it gets to be on the taxpayer's dime.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Some here are walking a very slippery slope.

What happens when what you espouse is turned against you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How could this animals family help by standing in the courtroom and caterwauling?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Come hell or high water every member of my family will get to that courtroom one way or another.......of course my family as well as I are productive members of society and make it a point to obey laws and not get involved in terrorist activities so the chances of it happening or close to none.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

What's your solution?

+1

This is what makes us different from the barbarians we fight.

Of course judging by the cavalier attitude of many here we may have become the enemy sometime during the battle?

I honestly don't know... Has the family been accused of any actual crime, or are they only guilty of being in the same family as a terrorist?

As to the victims' needs for assistance, that's a whole other topic and clearly indicative of the crumby ways we "manage" entitlements in this country, but a separate conversation in my opinion.

Sure is a sad messed up world we live in. Grateful to have had the opportunity to worship The One who came to make it all right this morning...

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Come hell or high water every member of my family will get to that courtroom one way or another.......of course my family as well as I are productive members of society and make it a point to obey laws and not get involved in terrorist activities so the chances of it happening or close to none.

Time is coming when making comments such as those we on a subversive site such as this may get us charged with treason. At that point we will not likely have any of the luxuries you mention above.

The rule of law for all, even those who use it to kill us, is all we have if we hope to make it a couple more generations.

All this terrorism stuff is a shell game; a distraction. While our eyes watch that and look over seas to those our govt tell us are our enemies they @$$ rape us and we thank them for the protection.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Sure, you can think that...but what happens when the majority decides, without habeus corpus, that you are guilty and aren't afforded the "rights" you think you have? Can't take away from some the rights you expect and demand, it's comes from the Constitution or so I was told....ya know, the whole "all men are created equal."

Hence, the slippery slope.

Last edited by Jcubed; 04/26/15.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,012
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.