Print Thread
Hop To
G
GRF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
My wife and I are off to RSA this Saturday. 10 days hunting in the Eastern Cape for plains game with Patrick Fletcher of Hotfire Safaris, 10 days touring and 2 days on the beach. Very excited.

The trip concept was started when I was in the middle of fighting through the Canadian medical system dealing with a nasty case of lumbar stenosis (side note went south of the 49th for a very successful surgery) and my wife said when you are better you can book the next trip.

So began several months of looking all over the world for the next trip. During the search I looked at few folks from here on the campfire JJ Hack and Marius Goosen of KMG Hunting Safaris; both in my opinion are very fine and straight forward gentlemen. I thought that I would do a cape buffalo hunt. Went off to the African Hunting Expo in Calgary planning to chat with a man about hunting in Tanzania for buffalo as he was referred by a friend. My wife and I ended up chatting with Patrick Fletcher and his wife for over two hours. The planned solo buffalo hunt became the 22 days hunting and touring with my wife. Thrilled to be able spend that much time with my wife and to hunt at the same time.

The main animals of interest are Eastern cape kudu, nyala and bushbuck. Other opportunities as they present and budget allow.

Marius; a few words for you sir. I feel a wee bit of guilt for not following up with you about the possibility an Eastern Cape hunt but the way the thought process changed from cape buffalo to Eastern Cape at the 2014 Calgary show was very quick. I must also thank you for your wonderful attitude of (heavily paraphrased please forgive me if I have your intentions incorrect) "come hunt and tour in RSA" "I don't care if it is with me or someone else come hunt, tour and bring forex to help the economy". Your wonderful attitude and perspectives provided a certain level of confidence in my wife and I for hunting and touring in RSA.

Marius; we are bringing forex and as we are touring wine country we will be leaving a lot of it behind. laugh

Thanks to all of you who have answered my questions, responded to PMs, chatted on the phone and face to face about the joys of africa and rifles. Pictures and stories will be posted.

God bless y'all and I know "I Suck" laugh

Thanks GRF

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Godspeed and good hunting....lots of pics when you return please....

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I think this qualifies for a definite GFY and I hate you all at the same time!

I'm very jealous!

Have a great time and take lots of pictures to share!

And I second your thoughts about Marius!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Enjoy your trip!

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Enjoy your trip!

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Jeffpg
Enjoy your trip!

Same from here!

Please save one Buffalo for me later this summer. wink

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You Suck!

grin

Take lots of pictures!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GRF

God bless y'all and I know "I Suck" laugh

Yes you do! I am just jealous. It has been almost a year and feels like a decade since I was in South Africa.

Please post a story and pictures soon. I must live vicariously through others for now.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
George,
Thank you for your kind words, and that is exactly how it was meant. I feel that I am an ambassador for South Africa, whether someone hunts with me, or in another area of the country. At least it is in RSA!
Here's to wishing you and your wife a fun filled trip to the wonderful Eastern Cape, and hope that only, absolute bruisers will walk out in front of you.
I got to meet Patrick at the Toronto Sportsmen Show this year. I just know that you will have a blast!

Word of advise about the wine farms, everything they sell there must be passed the best of sell by date. After the tastings, you feel terrible each morning wink
We look forward to the photos and the report.

You suck!

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 51 invisible), 1,960 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,187
Posts18,465,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.