Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For the last three weeks we've had a white 4 door Grand Am cruising slowly up and down all the streets in our neighborhood repeatedly. We've called the county sheriff twice, but have never heard anything from them. I followed him around the neighborhood earlier this week, and he's just acting creepy. No reason to be slowly going up and down the roads in the neighborhood, including dead end streets, as there's no need to cut through our area to get from point A to point B. Today my wife was pulling in from and errand and sure enough, there goes the white Grand Am again. We both ended up trailing him, and Cathy called the police as she followed him right to his town house. The cops went and talked to him and called us afterwards. They claimed he has no record and when they asked him why he was spending so much time in our neighborhood, he said he liked to go for rides to "relax". All they claimed they could do was tell him to "change his route" as he technically wasn't doing anything illegal. I'm not buying it. There's at least three daycares in this neighborhood, including my wife's. This guy's up to something, so we'll see what happens the next time we call the police on him.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Probably casing the neighborhood for the opportune moment.

Keep a close eye out for your neighbors.

I wish you well.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It pays dividends to pay attention.

Now he knows you are watching.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Was it George Zimmerman?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We were not happy that we didn't hear from the sheriff the first time we called them. This time since it went into a city jurisdiction, we got the police instead of the county sheriff, and they at least called us back. We'll be watching for him. Hopefully he got the message. We'll be talking to all the neighbors and seeing if we can get them to call the police too if he comes around again. Maybe if we bug them and him enough, he'll just go away.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It pays dividends to pay attention.

Now he knows you are watching.

Exactamundo...he will cruise another neighborhood now.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gophergunner
For the last three weeks we've had a white 4 door Grand Am cruising slowly up and down all the streets in our neighborhood repeatedly....//...This guy's up to something, so we'll see what happens the next time we call the police on him.

Very common behavior for a burglar. He's seeing who's home and who isn't. who works and who doesn't. He's trying to find a home that looks like it has a nice collection of things he can sell fast on the street to get money for his chemical of choice. Burglars almost always strike during the day, when you are gone. Most burglars have no desire to confront a possibly armed, scared, angry homeowner. Burglars are cowards. He wants to find a home where everyone leaves everyday and there are no houses close that might have someone at home to call the SO or the PD. It pays to know what cars belong in what driveways in your neighborhood. When things look out of place, they probably are - call the SO or PD - they're paid to answer your call for service and investigate your suspicions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Burglars aren't cowards, they're just smarter than the regular crook.

Any idiot can stick a gun in a stop and rob clerk's face, it takes a problem solver to hit houses..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The burglar angle is probably it...get the guys license plate next time you see him, and keep it. When someone gets hit, it'll give the police a place to start looking.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
The burglar angle is probably it...get the guys license plate next time you see him, and keep it. When someone gets hit, it'll give the police a place to start looking.
Police have his plate numbers-heck they visited him at his town house. Between us and our next door neighbor, we've called his plate numbers in three times now.

Last edited by gophergunner; 04/26/15.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Keep the # anyway....

Don't you read the 'fire? Police are too busy beating people up, shooting blacks, and running rough shod over our rights to keep track of silly little numbers.... wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Listen to Magdood and set trap.
Remove all signs of nra and 2a.
Send wife and kids to ma in law.
Pile news papers on front stoop.
Leave lights off and main vehicle in driveway.
Wait...
with bag of lime and shovel at the ready.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
In this area, when they find their target,

they wait until everyone has left for work, then toss a brick through the front window, and wait.

If someone comes to investigate, they bolt. If no one shows up to look, they go to work.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/26/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's my story along these same lines - as told to me by the gun nut:

At work I sat next to a boneifided gun nut. He had an FFL, sold lots of guns, and sold lots of army surplus equipment. He had money from somewhere and lived in a big house in a high end neighborhood. This much I know is true.

So one day his neighbor stops in and asks him to watch their house because they were going away. Wasn't long after and my coworker spots a panel van backed up to the neighbor's garage. Watching through binoculars he watches as three men load a "felony amount" of belongings into the van.

He's already got on his flack jacket and full auto M16 in hand when he tells his wife to call 911 and report the burglary. Also to tell the police he will be on the property stopping the crime.

He verified there were three before jumping out in his flack jacket, full camo, steel pot, and M16 level on them. Told them to stop, then told them to PLEASE try something because he would just love to shoot them. Made them lie flat on the pavement and continue begging them to do something so he could go full auto on them.

When LEO finally arrived the thieves rushed the cops begging them to save them from the nut. They all had a good laugh over it saying these guys would never burglar a home again.

But then when Cliff was telling me the story and demonstrating how he jumped out and slapped the bolt release - his magazine plopped to the ground. Weekend warrior hit the mag release instead of the bolt release so I always wonder whether any of his story was true.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Burglars aren't cowards,

Yeah, they really are physical cowards. I chased and arrested enough of them to form a pretty solid conclusion that they are cowards.

they're just smarter than the regular crook.

Really? Is that why the large majority of them pawned the stolen goods in the County seat, Bryan, TX...and used their real I.D.? Smart? Gimmee a fuggin' break. Yeah, regular Rocket Scientists they were.

Any idiot can stick a gun in a stop and rob clerk's face, it takes a problem solver to hit houses..

That idiot who sticks a gun in someone's face shows more physical courage than a burglar who hits only empty houses. Neither of them are overly bright.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't know burglers all over the country were pawning there in texass. Thanks for the info..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Was it George Zimmerman?

did he have jewelry what werent hisn, or did Travyoun, moryawn?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In California, burglary is now only a misdemeanor if the amount stolen is under $950 and the burglar isn't a sex registrant.

You can chase the, set up a perimeter and search for them but if you catch them you give them a ticket with a court date! See you in thirty days!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I didn't know burglers all over the country were pawning there in texass. Thanks for the info..

Weak.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
This

[Linked Image]

Then wait for him to get out of the car and check the damage and release a pair of these.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 1234, 50 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,813
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.