Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The most fantastic news. Vicki is handling food and oral meds for the first time in three weeks, and has not tossed up her stomach contents since the surgery to fix the adhesions.

Thanks again for all of the prayers.

She will be staying with us until Tuesday, then her dad is buying her a first class ticket to home so that she does not have to endure a long car ride.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Should be there by now. Best wishes to both of you.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Praise the Lord for his Mercy!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
She is here, and indeed PRAISE THE LORD! For his grace, strength and Mercy.

Vicki is here at the 5th wheel, looking and feeling terrific. Her husband is here to hang out and enjoy the area with his sweetie, and Sherri and I are tickled to have them as our honored (a LOT!) guests.

Thank you again for your prayers and care and concern.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
great news. hope for continuing recovery.

ked

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Take her out for some cocktails and celebrate.jk

Thank God she is healing well, a very unselfish act that is much harder on the donor than it is the recipient.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great news!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Fantastic

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is wonderful news Mark.

Jim

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mark,

when she is able to take them, would you ask her husband to give her a big hug from all of us here at the campfire...

may the Good Lord bless her for her sacrifice and gift of life to another human being...

best regards
john chr.
seafire

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Mark,

when she is able to take them, would you ask her husband to give her a big hug from all of us here at the campfire...

may the Good Lord bless her for her sacrifice and gift of life to another human being...

best regards
john chr.
seafire

Will do!

Vicki and husband actually got to meet two campfire members and good friends of mine, David Walter and Jamie, and the praise and warmth shown to her was not faint or shy. Appropriately so as I see it.

Dinner and cocktails at the Outback just now, and when I download the photos I will share them here as well as some hospital shots of both of us.

The mood and feel here is pretty terrific. We are all making plans for camping trips this summer and probably an ID Elk hunt together this fall. Vicki is a lot like me, time to get on with life, to the fullest. Her money will be no good around me for the rest of our lives, of course.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Vicki had a good night, and enjoyed meeting two campfire members yesterday. I expect that her husband Clinton - an 84-04 Navy Corpsman retired but still reserve, among the very first men on the scene when our Marine barraks were bombed in Beirut, to join up here and add a lot of experience and fun conversation to our board.

We will be making SURE that Vicki can rest, rest, rest and be waited upon and cared for an honored as much as we can.

As for me, on my way shortly for lab work and an ultrasound. I really hope that they lower my doseage of Prednisone as I have really bad shakes right now, and other nasty side effects including still a bunch of water weight and puffiness. Shakes are making it hard to post, so probably need to quit here with this update.

Thanks again to all who prayed for my beautiful, wonderful cousin. We are both still dealing with surgery related side effects, but at least now we are now BOTH on the mend. Vicki kept down her whole meal and wine from the Outback last evening.

Blessings abundant,

Mark

Last edited by safariman; 05/04/15.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Very happy to be reading that post... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Glad to hear the good news, hope you are also on the mend.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Glad to hear the good news, hope you are also on the mend.

Jeff

Vicki is still doing terrific, looked just radiant and happy as can be this morning at the camp trailer.

As for me.... Welllllll...I guess it is my turn for a bit of a setback. My creatinine clearnace has been going consistently up, now too high at 1.64 so waiting here at the hospital for an ultrasound. Then, I have to quit asprin (which will not be any fun with the side effect of a very hot feeling face from the still going to be very high doses of prednisone) for a week then either stay here until next week and maybe beyond, or hopefully home for a reprieve and rest, then back here for biopsy's of one or more, maybe all three, kidneys. We were going to wait until late November to take out my two cyst filled and much over large two original kidneys, but they may have to come out right now. I only hope that they will let me go home for Thursday-Sunday or Monday and come back up here for all of that.

There is also signs of some BK virus, the one they really hate to see in a post transplant patient, in my system. So far, not in my blood or kidney as best they can tell (thank the LORD for that!) but it has to be watched closely. A little scary for me, and I just learned of all of this a few minutes ago.

We shall see. If anyone feels like praying for 'ol Safariman, please pray that my kidneys kick back into overdrive and rid me of my excess creatinine, and that the BK virus can be killed off before it gets in my blood or Kidneys so that we do not have to go down this road, or have my body possibly start to reject this brand new kidney. This is why the awful high doses of prednisone.

Not diggin this very much, but it is a LOT less than what my cousin has gone through, suffering wise. But the idea that this could all be for naught is an awful thought. Virginia Mason thinks that they can reverse this stuff and keep this kidney going for me, but the treatment might include going back into the hospital for a while and some not so fun Pic lines for strong antibiotics and anti viral medications like the juglar pic line I had for 5 days after the original surgery.

So, (quite obviously) whatever I gotta do, I shall do. If they want me to stick around the whole time until next weeks biopsy and follow up, and keep getting labs etc then that is what I shall do. Hospital stay to get this creatinine down and kill this BK virus? well, bring it on. Pic lines and IV's and such? Whatever needs to be done, Doc. I am SO 1000% all in here.

No doubt that Dr. God (the best physician in the hospital here, no close second by a mile) can fix this all up on his own, too.

Thanks for asking, and for your prayers.

MARK

Last edited by safariman; 05/04/15.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
What are the Bun numbers running?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I did not get that info today. I will ask.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Very glad to hear we are one step closer.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by safariman
Vicki kept down her whole meal and wine from The Outback last evening.

Mark

That is quite the feat for even a completely healthy person.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i said i wasn't gonna get into this, but i wonder who paid?

Dinner and cocktails at the Outback
right after transplant surgery?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (257 mag, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 1_deuce, 37 invisible), 1,870 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,719
Posts18,457,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.