24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know what it is about them that makes fish want to hit them. I can recount several instances night fishing lighted docks with my flats boat on the inside around Haulover Inlet throwing everything we had at snook and smallish tarpon and they sometimes wouldn't even take a sniff, including live pilchards and shrimp.

Put one of those Yo Zuri's on and it's like they're pissed at it and want to make sure it doesn't make it back out of the hit zone. Funny.

Capt Hank Brown jigs are another excellent artificial. They don't make Wild Willie's any more (with the hammered flat head), but these are very effective, especially when tipped with a squirt of Pro-Cure shrimp or crab scent.

As LeakyWaders said, use loops to tie all your artificials. You'll get more natural action on your retrieves and more hits.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
gulp peeler crab fished under a popping cork or Carolina riged and worked slow has been good in early season.

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
B
BigEars Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Didn't want to let this thread die without once again saying thanks for the input. I've got a smattering of Matrix Shad, Yo-Zuris, Mirrolures, Vudu Shrimp, and H&H minnows and spoons either in hand or on the way. I'll hit the local bait shops for whatever else that may me required. Looking forward to this trip big time.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My wife took our youngest son and a friend fishing in the gulf whilst I was pounding away at work in Korea. No I idea what they used but I assume this is a redfish?

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by EdM
My wife took our youngest son and a friend fishing in the gulf whilst I was pounding away at work in Korea. No I idea what they used but I assume this is a redfish?

Nope...

That's an AWESOME redfish!!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, that's a big red, Ed. They'll get full of worms as the water warms up in the spring around the gulf coast.

But hey, worms are protein, too!

Kidding aside, they're a lotta fun to catch. Pull real hard. Best to keep the smaller ones to eat, though.

Paul Prudhomme and Emeril Lagasse's blackened redfish recipes didn't do these babies any favors.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If you haven't left on your trip yet be sure to add a couple of Mirrodine and mirrominnow twitchbaits. On more than one occasion I've had inshore success with them when even live shrimp didn't produce bites.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by AFTERUM
and maybe a gold sea sprite spoon for the reds....

[Linked Image]

And big trout.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
114 members (32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 338reddog, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,403 guests, and 703 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023
<

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.