Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
clos Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
On a total impulse buy, I pick up a Tikka T3 Super Lite in .308win. Ordered a EGW rail for it, and will have to play swap a scope to get it to the range for load work up.

Clos

NRA Life Member

BP-B6

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
You will problably be the only guy that has one that doesn't shoot .250 groups all day long. LOL ED K

C
clos Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Will load it up with some 178gr Amaxs to start and see how it goes.

Clos

NRA Life Member

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
My Tikka Superlight is in 270 Winchester.
it does not shoot .250 but it shoots 3 shot groups of .75 with Federal Fusion 130 grain ammo,Hornady Whitetail 130 Grain ammo 130 grains ammo shoots .85
Shooting without any fouling from a clean barrel.

I haven,t had any problem with the factory rings as of yet
Torqued the ring base to 25 inch pounds and the ring tops to 20 inch pounds.

Handloads might help to decrease the groups but I am happy with the accuracy of the factory loads for the purpose of a hunting rifle for deer out to 400 yards.

I torqued the front and rear stock screws to 35 inch pounds and lowered the trigger pull to 1.5 pounds.

I am thinking you are gonna really like it !

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
All the Tikka and Sako triggers I've ever adjusted stopped at 2 lbs.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Horseman

The reason that the trigger pull On the Tikka T3 cant be adjusted lower is that the head of the trigger adjustment screw contacts the bolt that holds the trigger to the action.

Take the bolt out that holds the trigger to the action and take the trigger off and file down the head of the trigger adjustment screw and that will allow the screw to back out farther before it touches the Bolt.

That will allow for a lighter pull.

This is for the Tikka T3

Last edited by bcraig; 05/03/15.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by Horseman

The reason that the trigger pull On the Tikka T3 cant be adjusted lower is that the head of the trigger adjustment screw contacts the bolt that holds the trigger to the action.

Take the bolt out that holds the trigger to the action and take the trigger off and file down the head of the trigger adjustment screw and that will allow the screw to back out farther before it touches the Bolt.

That will allow for a lighter pull.

This is for the Tikka T3

Aha. Thanks for the tip. Never thought of that. Would likely work on the Sako too. So far I've never wanted them lighter than 2 lbs but I'll keep this in mind.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've filed a few down to get a little lighter pull. But the Better option is to spend $7 and get a Yo Dave trigger spring.....

16bore Talleys are great also, the lows house a 40mm objective quite well.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I've filed a few down to get a little lighter pull. But the Better option is to spend $7 and get a Yo Dave trigger spring.....

16bore Talleys are great also, the lows house a 40mm objective quite well.

Why is the spring a better option ??
It didn,t cost me anything but a little time and a 1.5 pound crisp trigger pull is fine with me.
Mine would only adjust down to about 2.25 pounds before I filed it down.
so it reduced it by 3/4 of a pound.
I didn,t bother trying to get it lower as this is a hunting rifle and 1.5 pounds gives me a trigger that is light and easy to shoot but stll heavy enough to feel in cool weather.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Because it allows for an even better adjustment range, and is much more reliable resetting the sear. The factory screw is much thicker, and a bit shorter... it's only job is to make sure the sear engages. So, as you back the screw out the spring is under less compression (and it doesn't have much range)... sometimes to the point of having the sear not reset and the hammer drop on a rigorous run of the bolt. I've had it happen more than once with the screws way backed out. Take yours out, make sure it's empty.... and cycle the bolt hard... see if the hammer ever drops when closing the action.

The YoDave spring is lighter, that allows you to keep the spring under good compression (thus maintaining solid sear engagement), yet maintain the lower trigger pulls achievable by filing the head down.

Here's the pic of the two screws.... OEM on top, YoDave below...

[Linked Image]

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No offense to anyone, as I'm a Tikka fan too.......but I've been hunting Tikkas for the past 15 years, and consider the stock triggers to be very good. What's the infatuation with trying to improve on a great factory trigger?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Because it allows for an even better adjustment range, and is much more reliable resetting the sear. The factory screw is much thicker, and a bit shorter... it's only job is to make sure the sear engages. So, as you back the screw out the spring is under less compression (and it doesn't have much range)... sometimes to the point of having the sear not reset and the hammer drop on a rigorous run of the bolt. I've had it happen more than once with the screws way backed out. Take yours out, make sure it's empty.... and cycle the bolt hard... see if the hammer ever drops when closing the action.

The YoDave spring is lighter, that allows you to keep the spring under good compression (thus maintaining solid sear engagement), yet maintain the lower trigger pulls achievable by filing the head down.

Here's the pic of the two screws.... OEM on top, YoDave below...

[Linked Image]

Yes I believe there would be a point that would happen if backed off to far.
I always work the bolt hard and bump the butt on the floor.
Trigger remained set and constant in trigger pull.

Thanks for the concern and the tip and the Pics about the spring though.

Although the seems to be no issue at the time if it ever gives me any issue at all I will get the spring.

I may go ahead and order one anyway.

Thanks again

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
No offense to anyone, as I'm a Tikka fan too.......but I've been hunting Tikkas for the past 15 years, and consider the stock triggers to be very good. What's the infatuation with trying to improve on a great factory trigger?

Not an infatuation just a preference.
Yeah the stock trigger would adjust down to 2-1/4 pounds which is pretty darned good but I prefer lighter and when it doesn,t take much Investment in either time or money why not ?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by clos
On a total impulse buy, I pick up a Tikka T3 Super Lite in .308win. Ordered a EGW rail for it, and will have to play swap a scope to get it to the range for load work up.

Don't be a peasant. Establish a surplus of rings, bases, and glass prior to delving into the world of rifles.

Here is a group I shot with my Tikka .308 last week. Pretty uber.

[Linked Image]

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave

Don't be a peasant. Establish a surplus of rings, bases, and glass prior to delving into the world of rifles.

Here is a group I shot with my Tikka .308 last week. Pretty uber.

[Linked Image]

Travis

500 or 600 yards ?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

155gr Scenar going full UBER.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I like Tikkas. Don't really love 'em. With that said, I own two and working up a load will be easy. These rifles will shoot just about anything inside 1.5" and several into 1/2 MOA or better. They just lack something that a solid old Remington or Winchester have. Maybe its 'metal' the Tikkas lack in some places, but they sure as hell shoot.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

155gr Scenar going full UBER.

Dave

Load for "Full Uber?"

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
46gr's of VarGay.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thanks

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (338reddog, 10gaugeman, 35, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.