-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's amazing how having just a bit more counter space and an island makes a huge difference in the kitchen. Here was our old kitchen before and after I remodeled it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Actually that was the second phase of the remodel, it used to be a C shape with a partial devided between the kitchen and dining room but opening it up made the small area feel larger.

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Very nice kitchens gents.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
It's amazing how having just a bit more counter space and an island makes a huge difference in the kitchen. Here was our old kitchen before and after I remodeled it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Actually that was the second phase of the remodel, it used to be a C shape with a partial devided between the kitchen and dining room but opening it up made the small area feel larger.

That kitchen in the before pics looks exactly like my existing layout. We have the partial separating the kitchen and dining room also. My wife wants to essentially do everything you did.

I don't know if I dare show her this... crazy

P.S. Do you have any pics from a ways back in the dining room looking into the kitchen? I'm assuming you have a small Island out of sight of these pics?

Last edited by Rooster7; 05/21/15.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think I have any before pictures that showed the old counter top the made the divider between the kitchen and dining room.

I don't have access to my photos, but what I did install and isn't shown on the photos is on the right side of that photo there is a wall that divides the kitchen/dining room from the living room with openings by the fridge and dining room. The wall is ~8' long and I installed 6' cabinet bases, counter top and cabinets above that provided lots of storage and more than made up for loosing the previous divider.

The old kitchen was ~10' wide and just too narrow for an island. The new kitchen is ~13' wide and has lots of space around the island. It's a trade off between storage space and floor space but try and keep as much floor space as possible as its nice not feeling cramped in the kitchen. I think our builder recommends about 40" around an island to keep from feeling cramped. I could add some cabinets or wall storage to the right of the island, but since we have a pantry off the kitchen we're not likely to add them even though the pantry is full +p+

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Your house layout sounds identical to mine. I would be curious to see more pics of your remodel if you get the chance. Thanks in advance if you can swing it!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Your house layout sounds identical to mine.

Ditto. Mine has an identical configuration to his, save for his is much nicer. Also, where his fridge is, is a doorway in mine, with the fridge across from it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We finally sold the house today, so unless I can find photos that's all I've got. I'll try and sketch up a floor plan.

Oops, just remember the listing had pics that are much better than I ever took. We ended up replacing the laminate again and putting in new appliances to give it that move in ready look. Don't know how long these pics will be on there since we closed today.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

BTW the wide angle lens makes the house look much more spacious than it really is. No real good pic of the cabinets on the divider wall but I think you can make it out and get an idea of what I did. Replacing the old fluorescent fixture with the recessed lights gave it a much cleaner/modern look as well.

Last edited by 458 Lott; 05/21/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

[Linked Image]atually that was the second phase of the remodel, it used to be a C shape with a partial devided between the kitchen and dining room but opening it up made the small area feel larger.
there is some room on the fridge for one more pic , I could draw and color something up ! An send down to ya? !! Did u ever get a steam over,or I'm I mixing threads ?

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes on the steam oven, and unfortunately the new fridge is magnetic stainless.

[Linked Image]

One would think with two in college and the "baby" a Jr. in HS momma wouldn't need to plaster the fridge with stuff.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Very cool! Thank you

IC B3

S
S
Heres mine. In the middle of a remodel right now. Complete gut job, and took out the wall between the kitchen and dining. Doing it all myself including building the cabinets from scratch.

[Linked Image]

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Sam and sse, I'm sure your views out to the back yard are a lot better than mine here in Urbania.

Ya think? grin

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's the view from our kitchen.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Out the back door.

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice pics, fellas. I can dream.. for now.

Mine ain't too painful.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image]

Hard to get a good photo without people in it, when Venison and taters are on the flat top --- Web

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wldthg
[Linked Image]

Hard to get a good photo without people in it, when Venison and taters are on the flat top --- Web

Good to see you posting Web! I won't show my early 80's shack kitchen ..it needs a serious update and couldn't compare to those shown above.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seubs070
Heres mine. In the middle of a remodel right now. Complete gut job, and took out the wall between the kitchen and dining. Doing it all myself including building the cabinets from scratch.

[Linked Image]

Seubs, that's pretty darn cool know-how. And it's starting to look really nice, to boot!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eh76

Good to see you posting Web! I won't show my early 80's shack kitchen ..it needs a serious update and couldn't compare to those shown above.

But eh, that shack's location can't be beat! grin

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Outdoor kitchen in the early stages..

[Linked Image]

a bit more refined...

[Linked Image]

would add more but photobucket is fubar

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (1lessdog, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,903 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,007
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.