Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Always neat to see other peoples kitchens and stove tops, my wife mentioned the other day she wants new cabinets. There are definitely some very artistic folks out there that take pride in their carpentry and cabinetry work.

Last edited by Sakohunter264; 05/12/15.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somehow I never took a picture after the appliances were installed.

[Linked Image]

The cabinets are mid-continent, pretty good quality for a factory built cabinet. Ours are cherry
http://www.midcontinentcabinetry.com/

We went with thermador appliances, I really, really like the 36" gas cook top.

[Linked Image]

We did a dual oven, though the upper oven is a steam oven. The steam oven is nice, but it has a really small interior and I think I would have rather gone with a second full size conventional oven.

Just beware that you can easily drop a small fortune on cabinets, counter tops and appliances. If you go with custom cabinets with exotic woods, granite counter tops and professional appliances you can hit $50k in materials no problem.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mine is 1978 vintage and I want to remodel but thinking about building instead.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We remodeled our 1923 Dutch Colonial Kitchen a couple years ago. Small "Galley" style but not likely to expand this house as we're only here for another 8 years before we flee the People's Republic of Maryland.

Added a new beer/wine/soda fridge (Winning!) grin
[Linked Image]

Gas cooktop. Very happy with it. I timed it. On the big burner boiled 3 gallons of water in 4 minutes.

[Linked Image]

Having had an (electric convection) oven up at eye level we'll never have anything but again. The cabinet on the end is "one can deep" so nothing can hide.

[Linked Image]

This is one of the things I like best. The small round items are magnetic spice containers. No more hiding in a cabinet! The GC had never seen anything like it and they have had several customers do this since.
[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Beautiful kitchens. Ed, how do like your Viking stove? What are you cabinets made of in the South?

Last edited by Sakohunter264; 05/13/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
OK. I'll play. Here's my pedestrian kitchen after remodel a couple years ago. I also went with Mid-Continent cabinets (http://www.midcontinentcabinetry.com/).

Had an old friend who does custom woodworking and kitchens where I'm from hook me up with a Brit friend who does a lot of business with them. He got me a great price and helped me complete the design. These are all maple. Very pleased.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my wife designs kitchens ...for a living..

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd give my left you know what for that Viking stove!

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
when I retired and moved out of Miami in '06, we bought a small, older home. Still have it, and the kitchen is a plain vanilla galley. I have new appliances, but need to re do the cabinets and counter tops.
I cook less and less these days, being by myself a good bit of the time, so the kitchen is not as important to me as it used to be.

Sam......

IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
That's OK, Sam, a kitchen with coals, grates and CI is a lot more fun...

My kitchen is not photogenic, but I do have a nice view of the backyard!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We like the stove though would prefer a bit more depth. They hold the depth to line up reasonably with the standard cabinet depth. I believe the cabinets are alder.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sam and sse, I'm sure your views out to the back yard are a lot better than mine here in Urbania.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't have any pics of mine, but its a fairly small, almost a galley kitchen design but with a very similar range of wooden units as to those already posted.

When I do it again, I want to address my two pet peeves..

The first concerns the built in hob..At the moment I have a standard 4 ring halogen which is ok I suppose but at times, I find it very "cramped"..

I don't necessarily need more rings, (although another would be nice) but I would love a hub with the rings that are more spaced out to allow for larger pans..

My second peeve is my current cooker hood…

It is a fixed unit and is simply too low with the bottom of the hood being about eyebrow height for me..It is also quite noisy when the built in extractor fan is running..

In my next kitchen I will defiantly have a much higher hood and probably go for an externally mounted extractor fan along the lines of a commercial set up…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a finished pic

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's cool! I like that center stovetop area. I bet you get people sitting on the stools droolin'!

I think we have the same frig.

Hey, that rice cooker looks familiar. smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We still haven't gotten stools for the island, then again we still haven't unpacked all of our boxes in the basement. Gotta figure out where my x-large cast iron skillet is???

I've always wanted an island cook top and even though my wife will continue to give me grief about the added price of upgrading the appliances I'd do it again. The builders plan was for a 5' island and a range where the ovens are. I bumped up the island to 6' wide and the work flow in the kitchen is really slick. I usually prep next to the sink and layout items on the side of the island. Facing the cooktop the left side of the cabinets have a slide out trash can so it's really efficient either while prepping or clearing plates after a meal. We're on a septic system so we try and put all scraps in the trash.

I don't recall the brand of rice cooker, got it from Costco and hid my wife's birthday present in it. It was pricesless to see her face, oh, a rice cooker, how nice. Dear, open it up. Oh, dimond earings, HOW NICE!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a #14 Griswold you can borrow until you find your big one. It's a beast smile

Yep. Same rice cooker. Nice work on the hidden gem. Think a vacuum cleaner woulda' worked the same? Naah. Me either. I'm guessing you'd have got clunked in the head with it before the cat's out of the bag. smile

Last edited by local_dirt; 05/18/15.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Can't beat the large Islands. Here's a few photos of our kitchen.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Nice kitchen there Paul. nice play on the rice cooker too!

Your layout is similar to what I put in when I remodeled my KS house. There's a horror story there by golly.

Current kitchen here must have been designed by Anne Frank. I hate it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,121
Posts18,464,584
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.