Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Good morning, afternoon, and evening, gentlemen. I'm floored by the generosity and kindness I've found here on the fire lately. And humbled.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rancho, you are correct in trying some 70 gr VLD's. Those and a warm load of TAC work quite well.

I've not gotten brave enough to try them on a whitetail yet but it's tempting.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
What do you think of TAC in the 223 for the heavies? I have TAC.

I like it. I prefer X-Terminator for everything up to 69gr, but they are pretty close. Both like to be pushed to max for best accuracy, like others already said.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Gal,

I'll feign my "surprise",that there's no mention of your going from Imaginary Pretend Ignore,to PM Suck Ass...let alone zero experience on Critters with the boolits cited. What were the fhuqking "odds"?!?

Wow +P+!

Laffin'!

You reliably connect alotta dots,just not ANY of the ones you "think" you are connecting. As per always,you'd do well to shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

Kaleb,

Am I understanding correctly that Re-15(which NOONE loves more than I),offers you a 75A-Max at 3300fps in one of your 223AI's?!?

I'll quotecha',so as to not lose context.(grin)

: "I use '15 under 75's. My velociry isn't is fast as some get with 335 but accuracy is better for me in my rifle. In 3 different 223AI's 26.3gr does between 3006 and 3330 depending on which rifle. The chunky ones have 21" barrels and the little one a 20'ish barrel. The spread is almost nothing so I lost interest in trying another powder." End of full quote.

Now if only for conversation,I just happen to have said chambering in 20,21,22,23 and 24" fast twist spouts,amongst other lengths and NONE of 'em will come close to 3300fps with a 75 of any flavor,with any powder,of which '15 is well represented. Hint.

DO tell! Say a leetle sumptin' about the chronograph,rifle particulars,yada,yada.

Wow +P+!

'sniper,

TAC sucks,especially with hot caps.

Hint.

Though besides Krunchentickers,I'm talking high zoot boltguns of supreme componetry.

Re-hint.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

In fairness I've never seen a 223,223AI,not do wickedly splendid things with BLC(2)...though it assuredly ain't always gonna make the best speeds.

'Nother hint.

Hint.

Shefire,

Where is your Imaginary Pretend Ignore taking you currently as of today,you lying piece of fhuqking schit?!?

Don't "forget",that you "can't" read this ala numerous decrees and rather exceptional Hissy Fits...in no particular order.

Bless your heart,you Clueless Drooling Lying Fhuqk.

Laffin'!

'Loco,

TAC ain't in the mix,no matter the twist rate,barrel length or bolt manipulation and a 70VLD is tough to get giddy about,both in flight and terminal affects.

The Hornie 75HPBT will routinely do nice thangs even in a 16" 1-9" Krunchenticker(a mainstay minimum gross RPM arrangement) and will assuredly out dig 'em on Venison and the like. 'Course the "bad" side is they cost less too and that burden can be a tough 'un to overcome.(grin)

Write this down: Give LeverEvolution a whirl and thank me later.

Hint.

'5,

I led you to water.

Now only you,can fhuqk things up.

Hint.

'54,

No point in not shooting the GOOD schit and the 70/TAC melding,sure as fhuqk ain't it. I'd rather squirt a 68 Hornie HPBT if Twist Chow,as they are wired together better.

If only obviously.

Hint.

'Shoot,

I don't get to shoot as many rifle/powder/bullet combos as the entire Do Nothing Gang does,though I do get to shoot a whole fhuqk of a LOT more than all of 'em bolted together. Hint.

Most things .224" cited thus far,are within this frame...as well as more than a couple/few that ain't. Hint.

[Linked Image]

21" 223AI/75'Max.

[Linked Image]

22" SAAMI OEM 223/75'Max.

[Linked Image]

22" SAAMI OEM Krunchenticker/75 Hornie HPBT.

[Linked Image]

24" 223AI/75A-Max.

[Linked Image]

Pardon the Splendor...it's how I roll. Laffin'!

Good talk.

This schit soooooooooooooo fhuqking cracks me up,when them that do THE least,go way outta their road to expound upon same,under the incredible "powers" of their Imagination and it's Pretend.

Just ohhh soooooooooo WOW!

A 75A-Max smooch has no equal.

Re-hint.

Though few things is funnier than a herd of Slow Learners bumping their heads and wondering how/why their schit sucks.(grin)

Mebbe The Do Nothing Gang will hang some plagiarized pics,to add more oblivious excuses,to their fhuqking incredible ineptitude?!?

Laffin'!

GOOD talk.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I may need an interpreter. Actually, what I need is to get out and empty some cases.

I'm going to try taping the fore-end to the barrel first in an attempt to get rid of stringing. The barrel floats in the channel, and with equal margin, after I sanded an offending side a bit. May have to spend some time trying to stiffen up this stock. I've gone back to kissing the lands, and am using CCI BRs in the next batch of test loads. Looks like some 75 A-max are coming my way thanks to a campfire member's kindness, and another fine gentleman is lending me one of the Cotis Extended Mags (actually shortactionsmoker has taken over production) to give it a test run.

Things are looking up!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry,

You do a great job of validating my comments.

I feel free to ask questions of anyone who might have the answers that I'm seeking. Unlike a lot of folks, I don't deceive myself into thinking that the people who I dialog with on-line are my "friends". Do I still have your "Big Stick" handle on ignore? I'm sure that your "Boxer" handle isn't on ignore, otherwise I couldn't have PM'd you to ask about the Boyds stock on your RAR or ask if you'd be interested in selling the stock from your RAR-RR. We had a back and forth dialog and when that dialog no longer served any use for me, I removed myself and deleted it from my message bin.

If it wasn't for sites like this on the internet, you wouldn't have a venue to display your many skills and few people outside of those few thousand on Prince of Wales and Craig would be able to appreciate the experiences that you capture and share through your camera lens. Your photography skills are nice, but they don't offset your boorish/rude/disrespectful behavior on this site, at least not for me.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 05/18/15. Reason: Finished my thought
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Schtick posted again???...

I think it is kinda nice that he donates his one post a day, to this thread....

if that isn't thoughtful, I don't know what is...

We all stand in AWE!!!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Shoulda been 3030fps. Two A-5 chunks 1-8 PN cut at 21". Dave done those and the 1-8 PN MR dupe cut at 20'ish. For whatever reason all 3 do well on same load just slight different avg speed. Loads shot over magneto speed. 3330 is 22-250AI

+P.........lol

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Seafire
if you can find it, try out AR Comp.. burn rate pretty much the same as RL 15 although not the same as I am told, but close enough as I have found...

it is both temp insensitive and I actually find it even more accurate than RL 15, in multiple rifles in multiple calibers.

I've passed on RL15 I have found lately, waiting for AR Comp.

If this shortage ends, if we can manage to get the Democrats out of office, then AR Comp will be my new staple, replacing RL 15 in my powder cabinet.... which has seen a lot of RL 15 pass thru it over the years...

A lot closer to Benchmark than RL-15....in about everything all are listed in.
2-3 grain swings in data in a 223 case is a mile.

I've had good luck with it too, but its more of a sub for Benchmark, not even close to RL-15 with bullets north of 60 grains in 223 cases.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats to the grad!!!

Black Olives Matter!!
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

I just picked up some 68's.

IMR 4895
H4895
IMR 4198
IMR 3031

Any favorites?

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
IMR 4895...25.0 grains

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
25.0 Varget
24.0 IMR4166

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
23.0grs of IMR4895 in RP brass is running just over 1/2" for 3 shots - 5 different 3 shot groups. 1 9 shot group gave me 1.4" with 2 yanks of the trigger that I knew I yanked, the other 7 shots were just a shade under 3/4".

24.0grs was 1"

24.5grs was over 1" and was so compressed it creased the nose of the bullet.

23.0grs isn't very fast I'm sure since I've not chrono'd it yet but I can deal with that kind of accuracy for a 400yd steel dinger.

This rifle never shoots well on upper charges for some reason.

Chrono'd 23.0grs IMR-4895 and the 68 BTHP Match - 2688fps

Last edited by Bearcat74; 05/30/15. Reason: speed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
25.0 Varget
24.0 IMR4166

yes plus

25 gr of re-15
25 gr VV-140
24 gr H4895
24 gr of 8028
24 gr VV135
24 gr of Tac

23.3 of AA2015

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Loaded up 25 rounds and went out to a spot that's 405yds this evening with the .223 and 68's. I dialed 8.5" up and missed low right, the wind was in my face and left to right. I went up 1" and over 1/2" and hit the next 24 shots.

Granted my steel is 12"x12" but 19 of the 24 rounds fell within a 6" circle and all were within 9".

For me that's not too bad.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

I just picked up some 68's.

IMR 4895
H4895
IMR 4198
IMR 3031

Any favorites?

ANY DARN ONE OF THEM will do a good job....

use each one until you run out and move on to the next one..

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I may need an interpreter. Actually, what I need is to get out and empty some cases.

I'm going to try taping the fore-end to the barrel first in an attempt to get rid of stringing. The barrel floats in the channel, and with equal margin, after I sanded an offending side a bit. May have to spend some time trying to stiffen up this stock. I've gone back to kissing the lands, and am using CCI BRs in the next batch of test loads. Looks like some 75 A-max are coming my way thanks to a campfire member's kindness, and another fine gentleman is lending me one of the Cotis Extended Mags (actually shortactionsmoker has taken over production) to give it a test run.

Things are looking up!

Do tell...about the findings.

I've never heard of those mag extensions.(grin)

Haven't had my 5.56 RAR out much past the 1300yd line.

Lately.

Shefire,

Your delusional Imaginary Pretend Ignore is offa the Jerry Lewis FULL Retard chart.

Congratulations?

'74,

NOTHING you listed as powder choices.

Hint.

'Gal,

You Whine sooooooooooo fhuqking much,YOU can't even "remember" who/where you've Whined to! Congratulations?

PLEASE feel free to "confuse" who you do and don't have on your highly vaunted Ignore List,as per your "best" efforts. Laffin'!

No need to pontificate having NEVER rubbed elbows with me,despite same,standing atop your Bucket List. Bless your heart.

The Lion got sore.

4.5-14x puked on the 2nd poke at the 900yd line.

Mo' bettah,as mentioned prior,ala return to a 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker.

[Linked Image]

I enjoyed your "dialog" delusion. Curiously enough...I said simply: "I don't sell" and "Classic is where it's at..................". If only because they are facts.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

You and Shefire do get alotta Pretend outta your sorry fhuqking Imaginations.

Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

Wow +P.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hey Schtick graced us with his presence again and his trademark "insults"... guess he missed us...

don't have a clue what he said, as I don't speak Jibberish..

but still......

He's so AweSUM!!!!!

We all missed ya Piglett!!! whistle

No, really!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry,

I have you on ignore as Big Stick, not as Boxer. You have a lot of useful experience to share, thanks for sharing your thoughts on Boyds stock styles, but sadly for all, the value of your expertise is too often diminished by your boorish behavior. When was the last time that you argued a point without your post devolving into name calling?

PS - I believe that I have had Big Stick on ignore since you did your racist eyelid tape job on your kids as a way to show disrespect toward kamo_gari. When was that? 2007? 2008?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,121
Posts18,464,584
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.