-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

In my Ruger American Predator and Remington 5R 25 grains of H4895 has been the most accurate load with 68gr Hornadys RL 15 is a close second.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Shefire,

I enjoy your Imagination,almost as much as you do...though for VERY different reasons.

Laffin'!

NOONE can insult you,better than YOU can and that by you simply doing your best and commenting in regards to your "knowledge","experience" and "results". In no particular order.

You really get after it!

'Gal,

Please find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time rub your nose even further in your incredible fhuqking stupidity. All the while,you can use your Imagination and Pretend to cypher further on your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,so as to get it sorted out and really make a "stand".

You Do Nothing Kchunts are a HOOT!

'lx,

I shoot 25grs of H4895 in my 5.56 Rancherican with 75A-Max. R/P cases,400's,moly,yada,yada.

25grs with the 68BTHP is veddy veddy soft in all of my spouts,including Custom tubes with snugger bore/chamber/throat dimensioning. The propellant is far better suited to 75's,due density/compression.

You wanna gun some LeverEvolution. While slower(good thang),it is more dense(good thang) and there's no compression issues in finding pressure(good thang). It'll eek better velocities and lower ES/SD values,while metering better to boot.

Hint/Hint/Hint.

Thank me later.

(Addendum: for perspective)

1000 words,though it'll reliably sail over pointy heads.

R/P hulls,spent primer,all shot out of same rifle and of like trim length...filled to the brim through 4" drop tube.

[Linked Image]

LeverEvolution on left,is holding precisely 31.0grs,H-4895 amidship is spilling over at 28.3grs,Re-15 to far right is doing likewise at 28.5grs.

You've been led to water.

Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what's you LeverEvolution load?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry,

I have no idea what you wrote to or about me, as I never took the Blazing Saddles class in Authentic Frontier Gibberish. As I have posted in response to your previous gibberish and profanity laden posts, I consider name calling to be juvenile behavior and name calling toward anonymous names/handles on the internet to be just more of the same. I have had your Big Stick persona on ignore for some time, so maybe now is the time to put your Boxer persona on ignore and be done with it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Did someone sit on a Whoopie Cushion?

or was that Piglett posting something?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seafire, he's got to come in here. Seems he is getting blasted hard up in the custom rifle section. shocked From what I gather from the quotes he's not even bringing his A-game. Posting the same old schit , and still destroying the English language in a manner that will never be equaled.
We need a Poor Larry theme song. So here is my vote, Short People by Randy Newman.
LMAO

Swifty
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I used IMR4895 because I had a couple pounds of it and I don't use it with anything else. 23grs is very accurate, but slow at only 2668fps from my 22" barrel. I've shot about 60 rounds at 400yds with the 68's and decided to backup to 620yds today. I had 30 rounds with me and I missed the 1st 3 shots because I over dialed. I don't have any wind flags out but I'm shooting down a big lake so I try to watch the water and make a SWAG on where to hold. I ended up 22 of 30, it sucks I missed the first three on a dialing error. I did not have rear bag and was using a 6" - 9" bipod on the front. It was 87 degrees by 11 o'clock so 30 rounds was enough.

I know this isn't much of a group so don't laugh me off the campfire.

620yds - steel is 12"x12" ar500

Stevens 223 1/9" twist - don't laugh
Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40
RP brass
CCI 400
IMR4895 - 23grs
Hornady 68 BTHP

2668fps

[Linked Image]

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As usual Boxer comes and shares some useful insight; but, then he colors it with useless self gratifying blather. Sort through the chaff and you will find some wheat. Unfortunately it's like someone serving you a bowl of ice cream mixed up with a bunch of horse turds. The ice cream looks good initially; but, who wants to, or can, then pick out the horse turds and expect to enjoy the ice cream.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 06/16/15.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Awww you boys are too hard on Piglett....

He's the epitome of the child's story, the 'Little Engine That Could...'

sure language skills aren't his strong point...

but if you ever caught some of that stupid show on Discovery, Alaskan Bush People.... you can come to see why Schmuck is the way he is.... I'm sure they are good friends if not relatives of the little guy...

I still maintain Schmuck is the best entertainment value on the WWW, even if no one can hardly understand a thing he is talking about...

I look at Schtick as Cousin IT from the Addams family, that has been sheared and shaved...and deported from Oregon to Alaska...

[Linked Image]

That's him on the left, before he got sheared and shaved, and took off to Alaska to escape that paternity suit over in Coos Bay...

[Linked Image]

Listen to "Cousin IT" speak and how Schmuck writes and anyone can easily see its the same guy...

but don't Fear Piglett, you're secret is safe with us....

we won't tell a soul...no, really

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry Dude but it isn't worth the cost of admission.
The little twig thinks he's doing something that no one else has done.
I want to see him chuck all his fancy schit and do it the old way when Alaska was just getting settled. No phone, no cameras, no scopes, black powder cartridge/ or muzzie on horse back with no one to save your ass within a couple hundred miles. Break a leg or lose your horse and you die.
Chop them damn trees with an axe. In other words do it like the real men. rough it and tough it on your own.
Brag all he wants, but the truth is a lot of people did the same thing as him with a lot less. Some lived some didn't. Oh and to throw a kinker in the mix, have every Indian and white man on the trek trying to kill your azz.
He hasn't done nothing. Just a short little fat twig blowing in the wind making himself feel like an all American he dwarf.
Why? Because that's all he's got.
LMAO at the blowhard.

Swifty
IC B3

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

I know this isn't much of a group so don't laugh me off the campfire.

620yds - steel is 12"x12" ar500

620 yards? That looks pretty reasonable to me, and probably a lot more honest than what some post. No laughing here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Thanks

I shot pretty good today, not every day is this good. I shot last week with a very accurate 7wsm and couldn't hit crap.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bearcat,

I think there are darn few who can shoot a 7WSM as well as a 223...nothing to be sorry for regarding that...

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

I think I got lazy on my breathing as every miss with the 7wsm was high. I would do pretty good and hit 3-4 in a row and then miss the next 2-3 high. I usually shoot much better with it, I know I like the 162 amax when I'm not being a goober.

This longer range stuff will show you pretty quick your flaws and lazy habits.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I think the extended mag is a must-have, after testing one a bit. Have only gotten out to the range once with it, but fiddled with it at length beforehand, cycling dummies and checking for flaws. None found. Haven't checked on SAS's progress for production of these yet, and the one I have was graciously loaned to me.

I fiddled around with my stock, using tape to tape the fore end down the way that Stick did, and saw the vertical dispersion tighten up a bit, but not enough to my liking. I got some epoxy putty and bedded the shank just past the forward lug the way that a few guys have done, described in the Long Range forum. Haven't gotten out to test it yet. Been a hectic time. Hoping next week. My nephews need to get out too.

As far as my results with 68 Hornadys, the best of my tests was CFE for accuracy. I didn't run them over a chrono, but should be around 3k. Settled on 26.0gr, and .025" off lands, with Fed205M. Can't find my shooting notes for that day right now, but I recall that H4895 and Varget ended up getting more and more accurate the more I leaned on them. I liked the groups I got at the top, but the primers got very cratered, and the CFE was more accurate w/o pressure. I could likely load over 26 gr, but I only wanted about 3k fps.

Have moved on to working up for 75gr Amax. Having had such good experiences with CFE, I'm starting there, and seating at the lands. Hoping the stock fix tightens up the vertical!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I got some epoxy putty and bedded the shank just past the forward lug the way that a few guys have done, described in the Long Range forum. Haven't gotten out to test it yet. Been a hectic time. Hoping next week. My nephews need to get out too.

I'd keep the barrel nut and shank floated and bed the forward portion of the receiver if you're going to use the cookie dough epoxy. When I bedded the nut and shank the rifle was sensitive to action screw torque and barrel heat.

The milk-jug in the pics below has the forward receiver bedded, and nothing else. The action screws are farmer tight and it shoots lights out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

I fiddled around with my stock, using tape to tape the fore end down the way that Stick did, and saw the vertical dispersion tighten up a bit, but not enough to my liking. I got some epoxy putty and bedded the shank just past the forward lug the way that a few guys have done, described in the Long Range forum. Haven't gotten out to test it yet. Been a hectic time. Hoping next week. My nephews need to get out too.

As far as my results with 68 Hornadys, the best of my tests was CFE for accuracy. I didn't run them over a chrono, but should be around 3k. Settled on 26.0gr, and .025" off lands, with Fed205M. Can't find my shooting notes for that day right now, but I recall that H4895 and Varget ended up getting more and more accurate the more I leaned on them. I liked the groups I got at the top, but the primers got very cratered, and the CFE was more accurate w/o pressure. I could likely load over 26 gr, but I only wanted about 3k fps.

Have moved on to working up for 75gr Amax. Having had such good experiences with CFE, I'm starting there, and seating at the lands. Hoping the stock fix tightens up the vertical!

An update on the Ruger American white-trash gunsmithing: the epoxy putty bedding did a fine job of getting rid of the vertical dispersion I was seeing. Took it out today and was getting five-shot clusters 3/4" and under with a few different loads and bullets. Of the loads I'd already worked up, no group was bigger than 3/4". I am very, very pleased with this $5 and half-hour fix!

It makes me giggle like a kid at Christmas thinking that a $350 LH rifle with a $250 scope ended up being such a shooter! Now to see to purchasing one or a couple extended mags...thanks again for the loan, Seafire!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

588 members (22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 2500HD, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,124 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,281
Posts18,448,539
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.