Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Who is shooting this bullet? I've tried several powders and seating depths from right on the lands to .025" with no accuracy yet. Gun is a Ruger American that will MOA with several different loads and lighter bullets, but nothing heavier than a Nosler PT. I figured the 1:8 would be ideal for the 68s. It has NOT been so far. Anyone have any tips or tricks? Do I need to come off the lands farther? Pet loads?

Last edited by HuntnShoot; 05/13/15.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
No reason they shouldn't shoot....Im using them in a 1 in 10 with great results. 24.5 gr. of IMR 4895 and seat them so they just fit in the magazine....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Who is shooting this bullet? I've tried several powders and seating depths from right on the lands to .025" with no accuracy yet. Gun is a Ruger American that will MOA with several different loads and lighter bullets, but nothing heavier than a Nosler PT. I figured the 1:8 would be ideal for the 68s. It has been so far. Anyone have any tips or tricks? Do I need to come off the lands farther? Pet loads?

Same as anything else...kiss,find pressure and rock on.

My 1-8" Roaring Lion is in 5.56 at 16" and small change and with Plug & Plays using the above approach,it will certainly fhuqk with heads. I've shot the fhuqking BeJeezus out of it with 68's,but as with all things that'll stabilize 'em,the 75A-Max is KING and by lightyears.

The 5.56's have the Linda Lovelace throats,the 223's a much finer ride. Here's where the 68 Hornie's COAL rides in a Plug & Play for a square smoochin' 68 Hornie BTHP (2.470" COAL).

[Linked Image]

The 68's were eager to please with '335,'2200,LeverEvolution,H-4895,10X and a few others I'm prolly forgetting. O/F Bulk R/P's,400's and the aforementioned kiss a given.

It's been a fhuqking RIOT and I've shot more through it in short order,than most folks could/would in a lifetime.

Did the OEM MQ Fixed Fhuqker Thang(great).

[Linked Image]

Played with Milk Jug Preload(requisite).

[Linked Image]

Then cut to the fhuqking chase(only way to rock the OEM milk jug).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Then really cut to the fhuqking chase(night and day,regarding forgiving mannerisms).

[Linked Image]

Then really,really cut to the fhuqking chase(retained all the mechanical structure,improved ergo's and it cain't be foiled by 'pod,bags nor sling).

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/ceoGcF.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/538/IGdR8I.jpg[/img]

MK4 M3 6x Reupold...rockin' Retrostalgic(would be my choice of glass,to club Baby Seals with).

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/910/Hr8Atc.jpg[/img]

Then last night I slammed a Reupold 30mm LR M1 4.5-14x 40mm on it...because I fhuqking HATE 4.5-14's(schittiest glass Reupold has ever pulled out of their ass...whether 1",30mm,fixed,A/O or side focus) and nothing is fhuqking funnier(fhuqk 4.5-14's suck ass).

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/661/r05pu2.jpg[/img]

The 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker will of course be returned in place and 75A-Max ride in all my mags,at this very moment. The 68 Hornie trumps the 69SMK,but WTF don't?!?

Had the 68's out to 900yds and small change yesterday,in sporty winds and couldn't take it anymore,so shifted gears full circle to the 75A-Max at 2770fps(Lever')...which I of course had in tow. With the MQ and a 200yd zero,the windshield will crush the 950yd line and the 10mph 5mil full value drift slip,don't happen until 1325yds.

Never was one to mutherfhuqk schit I ain't done did...thus the plethora of T-Shirts. You've been led to water.

Hint.

Film at 11:00.

(Addendum: for THE perpetual Window licker)

NotSoSwift,

I'll feign my "surprise"...that you couldn't "quite" muster the courage to muse ANYTHING The Rifle,but rocked the schit outta a plagiarized cartoon. Kudos on the sweet "satisfactions" that are your's,due your copious Imagination and all of it's Pretend.

Your "best" is ALWAYS a fhuqking riot!

Bless your heart,you "hard charger" you.

Laffin'!

As an aside,do tell...you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,did your Imaginary Pretend Ignore get "forgotten"?!?

Re-Laffin'!

(Another Addendum: for yet another CLUELESS Drooling DumbFhuqk)

Shefire,

Here's to how amazingly WELL founded,your copious insecurities are. "Congratulations"?!?

I'll feign my "surprise",that you are yet another Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,who's Imaginary Pretend Ignore is beyond her "abilities" to keep track of. Laffin'!

Rather enjoyed the "particulars" you "cited".

Bless your heart.

Maybe share next,what your pending BWT will encompass?!?

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hot phuggin damn its the twig.
Damn man, I see you are still frying the brain cells and got rid of the skull and X bones. Cool move dude. Befitting of the person.
Gotta write where chit goes so you don't phugg it up.

Good to hear from ya.

[Linked Image]

just for you.

Swifty
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Was that in Ebonics?

Don't care what ya say Swifty....

Schtick is the cooooolest 3rd grader in the entire state of Alaska...even if not the tallest...

Those RAR pics were awesome... if someone had a 1980 K Car with 20 inch wheels with spinners, they'd own a rifle that looked JUST LIKE THAT....cause it would match the car...

as always, the best entertainment value on the Internet regardless of cost...

many of us stand in awe....

how do they fit "so much" in such a small package????

as always, I for one sure have learned alot....

just wish I spoke Ebonics...
and my RAR Predator shoots 68 grain Hornadys just fine, with 24.5 grains of H 322....seated to magazine length with the Cotis Magazine extension he sent me...

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Schtick taught Yoda everything he knows...

[Linked Image]

That is why Yoda calls Schtick ToYoda....

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I may have to get one of those extended mags. I thought the originals were hokey until I tried them, then I realized they ARE hokey. And short. What a waste. I appreciate the input thus far. I don't know what the hell my problem is. I started them kissing the lands, single feeding, and have been moving back. May have to go back to the drawing board. I'm not above taping the fore-end. Definitely some vertical stringing in my groups. Take that out and I'm easily half-moa, with everything but the 68s!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seems the twig is on Ricks short leash again, what this time once a day, week, or month?
I am totally surprised at your ability to use the copy and paste function as it is written in plain English which is most definately not one of your strong suits judging by the way you brutally destroy it.
I also find it totally hilarious the ease at which you can be led to drink the poisoned water which allows you to slide back into your self absorbed fantasy life that invariably will lead to another total ban from this site again. I mean damn man it only took 1 paragraph. Way too easy.

I am so looking forward to your next installment of copy and paste, and the destruction of the English language too an extent that you have no equal.

Last edited by Swifty52; 05/14/15.

Swifty
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Seems the twig is on Ricks short leash again, what this time once a day, week, or month?
I am totally surprised at your ability to use the copy and paste function as it is written in plain English which is most definately not one of your strong suits judging by the way you brutally destroy it.
I also find it totally hilarious the ease at which you can be led to drink the poisoned water which allows you to slide back into your self absorbed fantasy life that invariably will lead to another total ban from this site again. I mean damn man it only took 1 paragraph. Way too easy.

I am so looking forward to your next installment of copy and paste, and the destruction of the English language too an extent that you have no equal.
I appreciate Stick's input anyway. A lot of information there. It does require a bit of interpreting, but he's trying to help me out. Thanks Stick!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I appreciate Stick's input anyway. A lot of information there. It does require a bit of interpreting, but he's trying to help me out. Thanks Stick!

Tell him he's awesome. He loves that stuff.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Stick and I have butted heads plenty in the past. Credit where credit is due in this situation. Like I said, I appreciate the information.

At least the Partitions shoot well so far, which has never happened for me in slower twists. I want some range out of this rifle though, so the 68bthp and the 75 A-max are the desired shooters. If I can get some accuracy and the right speed, the trajectory will allow me to practice to 600 with a similar trajectory to what I hunt with.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
ya gotta love it...

where else can you put 50 cents into someone's nickel slot and get $50 worth of entertainment out of it...

here's a thought for Schmucklette....

maybe he should put some of us on ignore, instead of getting his BVDs in a knot, when his cage gets rattled a little...

but to the person that sent me the PM, that he doesn't speak ebonics, he just has a used wet roll of TP for a brain....

that sort of fits...that or Tourettes and the IQ of a Mosquito...

one of those scenarios has to fit...

but other than that, HE'S FRIGGIN AWESUM!!!!

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I played "The kiss & find pressure game" & came up w/ 26.5 gr of RL15 in Win cases sparked by CCI-400s **WHICH IS OVER MAX** (so work your way up) and even with blems I'm poppin water-filled milk jugs at 400 no prob & enjoying good case life.

My sons called it "love at first shot" and have shot me outta 2nds wink .

Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Stick and I have butted heads plenty in the past. Credit where credit is due in this situation. Like I said, I appreciate the information.

At least the Partitions shoot well so far, which has never happened for me in slower twists. I want some range out of this rifle though, so the 68bthp and the 75 A-max are the desired shooters. If I can get some accuracy and the right speed, the trajectory will allow me to practice to 600 with a similar trajectory to what I hunt with.

Damn I love the interweb. One stop shopping for every problem.
Actually find the highlighted kinda funny.
Seems some guy back in 1896 shot a winning score at the Wimbledon cup with a 30-40 Krag. 1000 yards with iron sights and ballistics that match a rock.
Seems another guy in 1935 or 36 shot a perfect score with 14V/X count @ 1000 using a 300 H&H magnum shooting a 180 Boat tail and 5X scope.
Guys shooting 1000 yards with 30.06 garands and springfield 03's with iron sights cleaned with X count to boot.
Documented paper patched bullets in the late 1800's shooting to 1000 yards.
Now I see that you need a bullet that was suspended for what 1-2 years due to low sales to get to 600?
WTF over, you should feel sorry for us old folks as we had to do that with chit for bullets and powder.

Swifty
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
So because people made great use of less advanced products in the past we should ignore new ones now?

It's apparent that the real reason you and Boxer don't get along isn't that you disagree on this stuff (tho you obviously do) but that you both suffer from the same "need" (for ego feeding's sake) to prove to everyone that yours is The Way and all others are patently ludicrous and barely scoff-worthy, save to show all those observing how much better you are and how much more you know.

Differently colored ducks for certain, but both ducks just the same.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
laugh seems you inject your opinion 6 X to my one.
Funny. Pot calling the kettle black.
Evidently you don't have a life out of here, Well I do.

Last edited by Swifty52; 05/14/15.

Swifty
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Obviously.

By all means; carry on oh great one whistle .

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In the words of Martin Luther King whistle

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not likely, too much alpha-male wannabee egos involved.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Damn I love the interweb. One stop shopping for every problem.
Actually find the highlighted kinda funny.
Seems some guy back in 1896 shot a winning score at the Wimbledon cup with a 30-40 Krag. 1000 yards with iron sights and ballistics that match a rock.
Seems another guy in 1935 or 36 shot a perfect score with 14V/X count @ 1000 using a 300 H&H magnum shooting a 180 Boat tail and 5X scope.
Guys shooting 1000 yards with 30.06 garands and springfield 03's with iron sights cleaned with X count to boot.
Documented paper patched bullets in the late 1800's shooting to 1000 yards.
Now I see that you need a bullet that was suspended for what 1-2 years due to low sales to get to 600?
WTF over, you should feel sorry for us old folks as we had to do that with chit for bullets and powder.

Loving the "WE" part.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,937 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,354
Posts18,468,882
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.