-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
And we wonder why the allocations are being bumped up for the guide outfitters....this is legalized poaching nothing more...obscene!

Stamped March 22 2013 and signed by Minister Thomson
PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
ORDER OF THE LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR IN COUNCIL
Order in Council No. 183 , Approved and Ordered
Administrwor
On the recommendation of the undersigned, thttt=3: by and with the advice and consent of the
Executive Council, orders that the Wildlife Act General Regulation, B.C. Reg. 3,10182, is amended
(a) by adding the following section before Division 1:
Definition
1.001 in this regulation, "Act" means the Wildlife Act.,
(b) in sections 101 and 11.01 by striking out "Wildlife Act" and substituting "Act",
(c) in section 18.02 (2) by striking out "section 74 (1) (b) (ii) of the Wildlife Act" and substituting "section 84 (1)
(b) (ii) of the Act", and
(d) by adding the following section:
Exception — exceeding quota assigned to guide outfitter licence
16.011 Despite section 16.01 (i), and without limiting section 60 (2) of the Act, a guide outfitter does not commit an offence if the guide outfitter has a quota assigned as a condition of his or her guide outfitter licence and allows his or her clients to kill game to the extent that the number killed exceeds the quota assigned to the guide outfitter.

GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like someone should investigate minister Thomson's decision leading up to and before this amendment,, I bet he wont run in the next election....right?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Apparently he is done.....three guesses who his next employer will be??

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Once more its proven we have the worst government in Canada, with no choices in sight, no wonder nobody votes anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Got to admit he did have balls. Stupid, but with balls.

1Minute
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You guys have the same problem in BC as we have in California. Politicians selling out to the money interests or liberals.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I watched a video of the GOABC convention with our Premier and various ministers and the US flag was in a stand with the Maple Leaf Flag, same size and prominently displayed......

I think that many of we BC folks know what that is all about and there WILL be "issues" concerning this.

Time, to have a government of BC-born, BC-loyal, decent people and boot these "neo-con" corporatist traitors!!!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
http://www.straight.com/blogra/799101/what-would-martin-luther-king-say

you should read this. Bananas....really? And Thomson & Bell may have been in the room? This is disgusting and really makes me wonder about mr. T. 

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
GOABC~how much is too much??
A Guide outfitter area of approximately 1100 square miles northeast of Prince George recently sold
Game Species:
Moose, Grizzly, Elk, Black Bear, Deer, Wolf, Lynx
Quotas:
5 year quota 2012- 2016: Bull Moose - 180, Cow Moose - 30, Grizzly - 9, remainder open
WMU: 7-16 & 7-23
Improvements: Main camp, 4 cabin camps, 1 mobile camp
just one Guide Outfitter was given 180 moose over 5 years. that's over 35 moose a year. and now they want more

This shows the allocation for one [1] guide outfitter...we have around 224 guide outfitters in BC. Can anyone come up with an explanation on why an outfitter should be getting cow moose allocations? Can anyone determine how many Elk, Black Bears, Deer, Wolves and Lynx they are ALLOWED to sell under 'remainder open'???

This is pretty graphic in showing how many game animals the BC Liberals are already giving the outfitter in this area and it really makes me wonder what the total numbers are province wide??

They are selling 210 moose over a 5 year period, while we as resident hunters get NIL on our LEH applications year after year after year. The same thing goes on with Roosevelt Elk on the island....what reasonable explanation could there ever be to provide a guide outfitter with cow elk allocations on a species that is under LEH????

I am so disgusted by this whole fiasco......it's obscene.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saw the bananas thing earlier and it was in very poor taste.

This whole thing is something we must win. I think most of us just didn't know what was going on but now we do. I haven't had a moose LEH since 2006, 8 years and counting now..........

Gerry.
IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Afro's....I dont even like banana's,,,too bad they weren't wearing feathers...
a swift kick in the scrotum is in order..

Last edited by 673; 02/22/15.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gerrygoat

This whole thing is something we must win. I think most of us just didn't know what was going on but now we do. I haven't had a moose LEH since 2006, 8 years and counting now..........

I've been pretty lucky and got a draw 3 times since they started LEH for moose up here in 7A. I got a late cow moose once, and two times got drawn for bull moose....since 1982. That is like 3 times in 30+ years? The last one took 12 years.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jim, I may have walked into this a bit late.

If you could, I'd like to hear the case as it might be plead in a court of law.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
Originally Posted by gerrygoat

I've been pretty lucky and got a draw 3 times since they started LEH for moose up here in 7A. I got a late cow moose once, and two times got drawn for bull moose....since 1982. That is like 3 times in 30+ years? The last one took 12 years.

I haven't had one in 6 or 7 years.

A buddy in PG didn't get one for over 20 then had 2 back to back.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Doesn't matter which way you look at it...exceeding your quota without fear of being convicted is just legalized poaching.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It really is unconscionable how the government is legalizing poaching of a public resource by Guide Outfitters. The Guide Outfitters have the government in their back pocket, the only way to change this is to change the government.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Exactly, BUT, the alternative party when under Mike Harcourt, was the gang that decided to ban WHITE hunters in areas where injuns were allowed to kill Moose.

Then, there was the family owned sawmill up north which paid union rates-benefits, closed by Harcourt, due to ideology and MOST of the workers there, happy and making a decent living, WERE aboriginals.....

This is the problem, the NDPs ideological attitudes that often hsve little to do with fairness and reality.

I don't, btw, have a real alternative.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The current government is closing grizzly hunting in large tracts of BC too. Only they are doing it in concert with the anti hunters. The MINISTER, in his back door style removed the "use it or lose it" provisions on the guides allocations....this is what happened.

http://www.raincoast.org/projects/gr.../acquisitions/
Purchasing Commercial Hunting Territories

IMAGINE if your conservation investment could go directly to protecting the lives of wild animals, now and forever. End the trophy hunt by helping us purchase commercial hunting licenses.

Raincoast has a track record with big ideas. Given that the political landscape offers little hope for stopping trophy hunting, we pioneered a new approach to saving bears and wolves from hunters with high-powered rifles. In an unprecedented move, Raincoast and its supporters purchased an exclusive 25,000 sq km hunting license in 2005 for $1.3 million.
This purchase ended commercial trophy hunting over a huge section of BC’s coast. With grizzlies, wolves, and black bears no longer targets for commercial trophy hunters, we have seen river valleys come alive with bears and wolves in the 10 years since this aquisition. The renewed presence of these animals has also spurred commercial wildlife viewing and local business opportunities.

- - - Updated - - -

In 2012, Raincoast secured a second hunting license– the primary place where spirit bears (a white coloured black bear), roam. Despite a restriction on killing spirit bears, killing black bears – that carry the recessive gene that causes the white coat – is allowed. Our purchase not only protects one of the rarest bears in the world, it safeguards the genetically unique rainforest wolves we have studied for a decade, and connects to our previous territory.

Raincoast and its supporters have acquired the commercial trophy hunting rights in over 28,000 square kilometres of BC’s Great Bear Rainforest (yellow and green parcels). Our long term goal is to secure the entire Great Bear Rainforest. We now stand poised to complete the job.

A PRIVATE ANTI HUNTING CLUB....growing in leaps in bounds...we pioneered a new approach to saving bears and wolves from hunters with high-powered rifles. In an unprecedented move, Raincoast and its supporters purchased an exclusive 25,000 sq km hunting license in 2005 for $1.3 million.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1moredeer, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 62 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,339
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.