Print Thread
Hop To
C
CGPAUL Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
After waiting about a year, our skulls came. When I opened the crate, 3 our of five skulls were broken, one looked like it was crushed, the Kudo. I`ve sent pics to all involved, but wondered if any here have had the same problems, and what was the out come.
Dam, this makes me angry...
Thanks

da

GB1

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
I had a warthog skull pulverized in transit, and ended up with a nice insurance settlement. It took less paperwork than I expected.

But a bummer, nonetheless.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Could you tell where the error came from? The taxidermist who packed them or the shipper who must have handled them with less than loving care? Obviously something needs to be corrected. I'll get my box from Lifeforms in about a year from now. Everything that they shipped in previous years has come through in wonderful condition. Just wondering.

Presidents 100-'97
Distinguished Rifleman-'81
NRA Benefactor
Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
C
CGPAUL Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
The Co. in Africa that shipped them. The crate is much larger than needed, with no added packing in to insure cushion. The skulls just rattled around in it.
I`ve shipments before, two, and they came perfectly.
No names till I get this sorted out.
My outfitter in Africa is helping on his end.
Just really sucks!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Artistry of Wildlife can fix them as if it never happened

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B2

C
CGPAUL Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C

Thanks, I`ll contact them..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I agree with tedthorn. The Artistry of Wildlife are absolute magicians.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I had a warthog skull broken as part of a well packed shipment of 15 other skulls and hides. The shipper would not take responsibility, so I contacted the taxidermist, and they ended up using their insurance to refund the taxidermy and trophy fee. Seemed fair to me, and I still got to keep the teeth. Perhaps something similar could be worked out in your case.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they are not too badly damaged you may be able to piece them back together yourself. I had a euro mount waterbuck that was broken and my taxidermist told me what kind of glue to use or I could send it back to him. Since it was still in 3 or 4 large pieces and I could reassemble it, I used the glue he recommended and you would never know there was any damage.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are a lot of skulls I can see being damaged and or " pulverized" but a warthog is not one of them!

That crate must have really been whacked badly or the packaging was likely improper. Warthogs are probably the heaviest most solid skulls of all the plains game. The first few inches of the nose is thin and vulnerable but the rest is as heavy duty as a skull gets!

I hate hearing about broken and damaged trophies. The anticipation of the trophies is significant. Even as a PH it's not different for me. I too anticipate my trophies arriving just like anyone else.

No matter how fantastic your trip was and how successful your time hunting and the memories are. Unfortunately your last memory of the events is a heartbreaking damaged trophy. Please try to let the memories of your great hunt stay in the forefront of your thoughts. It's difficult to put the trophy damage out of your mind when it is such an important part of the experience. However the hunting memories will be forever with you, try to stay in that place!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JJHACK
There are a lot of skulls I can see being damaged and or " pulverized" but a warthog is not one of them!

That crate must have really been whacked badly or the packaging was likely improper. Warthogs are probably the heaviest most solid skulls of all the plains game. The first few inches of the nose is thin and vulnerable but the rest is as heavy duty as a skull gets!

I hate hearing about broken and damaged trophies. The anticipation of the trophies is significant. Even as a PH it's not different for me. I too anticipate my trophies arriving just like anyone else.

No matter how fantastic your trip was and how successful your time hunting and the memories are. Unfortunately your last memory of the events is a heartbreaking damaged trophy. Please try to let the memories of your great hunt stay in the forefront of your thoughts. It's difficult to put the trophy damage out of your mind when it is such an important part of the experience. However the hunting memories will be forever with you, try to stay in that place!

Really nice post!

Al

Spend your life wisely.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
C
CGPAUL Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I did get a phone call from the taxidermy shop in Africa, they will replace the skulls, but I had to get an opinion from a shop here as to repair. "Un-repairable" was the verdict.
They are smashed...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (222Sako, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,490
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.