Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Was over their reading some of the threads and I got a headache LOL. Looks like a lot of people have left that place.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was just there a week ago ,got to looking at my "buddies list".. I'll be dammed if a straight and narrow guy had not posted in a year ...actually there were 2 ,,I contacted a moderator with whom I have talked to many a time... my bud got booted for to many "aod" "infractions" ...wtf ! AOD = Your net nanny/mom on the web .............. just like... HSO =libtard hunting and fishing demoncates...f them !!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tried to dabble a bit many years ago on AOD,, my posting only lasted a very short time.
The boating section is interesting but the rest is self serving drivel at best.

I tend to use more than enough gun
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
strahan is something else and the bad part they see that site slowly dying. Back in 08 it was a pretty good site now days it's just garbage...

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yeah, I noticed that place has been slow the past few months. Quite a few users I don't see posting there much anymore.

IC B2

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
well according to Strahan as of a few hours ago said the sight is growing.. I have no idea how that's possible. But hey what do I know. I know some of those boys piled on marinehawk on one of the threads. God forbid you talk about 2nd amendment, religion, politics over their. Ol northwest Alaska is held in high regard over their I do know that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bunch of idiots over there. I hung out for a little while but I haven't logged in for a while now. The real guys all left.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 79S
Ol northwest Alaska is held in high regard over their I do know that.

That tells one all that's necessary about the AOD.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 79S
Ol northwest Alaska is held in high regard over their I do know that.

That tells one all that's necessary about the AOD.

LoL yep I agree... Back in 08 when I joined and it was a decent site. But anymore hardly post and occasionally go read some of the threads and scratch my head LOL. I think BigStick survived for 48 hours before he was banned lol

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'm surprise Stick lasted that long there. Must have been an off-day for him the first 24. I went there once 4 or 5 years ago and lurked for 2 or 3 days. Never went back.

Lordy, I miss Stick's posts..... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Stick is still around right now he's raising holy hell in the custom rifle wildcat forum.. I guess Alaskans are the only ones that get him lol

Last edited by 79S; 05/17/15.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You should read AOD so Murph can tell you all about spin dynamics! See how someone claiming to be a "ballistics engineer" can be 100% clueless about basic twist rates... and lie and erase proof.

He can also tell you about the mysterious force that can pick up dry salt in a gun safe and move it all around.

The topper though is that Strahan was paying him to write the really stupid stuff.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I look over there once a week. I got tired of the annual anti-nonresident bashing over the sheep regs. A guy named Stid.... is pretty interesting from time to time.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I look over there once a week. I got tired of the annual anti-nonresident bashing over the sheep regs. A guy named Stid.... is pretty interesting from time to time.

They do get wrapped up over their sheep and NR over their. But as soon as you mention the whole state should go to a draw for sheep then you are a no good SOB who isn't a true Alaskan. A lot of times the answer is in front of them but they don't want to believe that's the answer.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
You should read AOD so Murph can tell you all about spin dynamics! See how someone claiming to be a "ballistics engineer" can be 100% clueless about basic twist rates... and lie and erase proof.

He can also tell you about the mysterious force that can pick up dry salt in a gun safe and move it all around.

The topper though is that Strahan was paying him to write the really stupid stuff.

LOL yeah he packed his bags and moved to Missouri o some [bleep] like that. Bad part guys still believed him, hell even calling him a professor LOL. But on AOD you cant call anyone out if you do you get the boot or your post is removed.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
All it's turned out to be lately is a bunch of Worthless banter back and forth and the sideline wanna be cyber cop. Really turned off at the site. I still check it out and shake my head every time.

Last edited by Mjm316; 05/21/15.
M
M
Originally Posted by 79S
well according to Strahan as of a few hours ago said the sight is growing.. I have no idea how that's possible.

Strahan can say what he wants about the site growing, but I just did a rudimentary post count. Year to date posts have declined about 25% from the same time period in 2014.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I think they may have more lurkers now but the ones that post or posted somewhat valuable info are vanishing quickly

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The saltwater fishing forum can be good.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
In my first week on that site, I was accused of being a marijuana smoker by one of the mods. He is a teacher in Anchorage. That is exactly why I changed my sig line to include "I'm a chemist". Because too many people were too stupid to understand what "better living through chemistry" means.

They occasionally have some good threads.

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Better living through chemistry!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Asked Strahan who he voted for in the last 2 elections in a thread about transporters overharvesting.

Wouldn't fess up to his Obama worshipping or his wildlife pillaging. Put me on double-secret probation or something.

Haven't been back

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
M
M
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid
In my first week on that site, I was accused of being a marijuana smoker by one of the mods. He is a teacher in Anchorage. That is exactly why I changed my sig line to include "I'm a chemist". Because too many people were too stupid to understand what "better living through chemistry" means.

They occasionally have some good threads.

That's pretty ironic considering one of the longer term poster's stated that "Anchorage teachers molest their students" and that comment was allowed to stand. Moderation on that forum is a mystery.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It must of been FLTOAK character that guys is something else. He thinks AR15 should be banned. He is a train wreck as well.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kroo88
Asked Strahan who he voted for in the last 2 elections in a thread about transporters overharvesting.

Wouldn't fess up to his Obama worshipping or his wildlife pillaging. Put me on double-secret probation or something.

Haven't been back

Well that explains why no politics talk over their if people found out strahan and others are big Obama supporters that [bleep] place would cease to exist.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I only read about boats and fishing there. In order to keep my sanity I don't read [bleep] that I know will make me mad.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only relevant canoe site available.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Boating & fishing about all worth reading there!.......nothing better than some new guys running up there post counts commenting on anything in site over there.....it's good to read AGL keeping them razzled up once in a while when you need a good laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That site has declined greatly. Too generic and bland. You can't even discuss 2A because that's 'political.' A lot of the guys that used to post in the heyday of '08-'12 are gone.

Strahan IS right; the site IS growing. That just means that they're adding more forums! Over 100 forums and still counting. There are quite a few forums that don't even have one thread posted. They're going to take over AOJ's fishing report, I'm sure.

Yeah, I'm a little sick of that site too!!

Last edited by Wook; 05/26/15.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
They have someone over there now who claims he won a lawsuit against a manufacturer after the firearm blew up in his face. Turns out he was using reloads "and factory loads". Well, knowing how people are constantly overloading rounds it is most likely he caused the kaboom.

The point though: the double standard exhibited by not having the fellow ask people to PM him for information, while he is posting in the clear disparaging comments about the manufacturer.

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Better living through chemistry!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid
They have someone over there now who claims he won a lawsuit against a manufacturer after the firearm blew up in his face. Turns out he was using reloads "and factory loads". Well, knowing how people are constantly overloading rounds it is most likely he caused the kaboom.

The point though: the double standard exhibited by not having the fellow ask people to PM him for information, while he is posting in the clear disparaging comments about the manufacturer.

Same one?
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...9919880/1/Embrace_The_Truth_-_Catastroph

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kroo88

Haven't been back

Yeah, there's a local fishing forum here that is like that. I fronted up the Head Cheese, he didn't like it and he did me the same way as you.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, 13 invisible), 1,600 guests, and 712 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.