24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
When will it end? The baseball team at a high school in Vegas needed a storage shed. It was built by the booster club at no expense to the school or taxpayers. The school administration approved it wholeheartedly.
Then in marches the school board quoting Title IX. They demanded that the girls' softball team also have a shed even though they didn't need or want one. Before it was over, the boosters spent $21k to tear down a free shed.

Who elected these idiots, anyway?

School freaks out over boys baseball storage shed
Todd Starnes
By Todd Starnes Published May 12, 2015 FoxNews.com

You’d best get out your hip waders, folks – we’re about to wade through a steaming pile of government balderdash.

The controversy surrounds a storage shed built by the baseball booster club at Arbor View High School in Las Vegas. The youngsters needed a place to store their bats and balls and bases.

The boosters had wanted to build a clubhouse for the teenage ball players, but after months of delay they came up with an alternative plan.

One of the parents knew the owner of a company that made precast one-story buildings. The company offered to donate the manpower and materials to build the boys a shed.

Carl Pastrone, whose son is a pitcher and outfielder for the Arbor View Aggies, told me they pitched their plan to school administrators and were promptly given a green light. That was in 2014.

The storage shed was erected last September. Boosters installed doors and gave the shed a coat of paint – nothing elaborate.

It cost a grand total of $21,000 to remove a shed that was given to the baseball team at no cost. The school district took every single penny of the booster club’s money.
“It cost the booster club zero,” Carl told me.

And that was that – until a few months ago.

That’s when officials with the Clark County School District showed up at the school and demanded that the storage shed be torn down. They said it violated Title IX.

Title IX states: “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”

In other words, for every boy sport there must be a girls alternative.

And in the case of Arbor View High School – if the boys have a storage shed – the girls must have a storage shed.

Click here to follow Todd on Facebook for conservative conversation!

“It requires that we have equal facilities for boys programs and girls programs,” district spokesman Joe Murphy told 8NewsNow.com.

It doesn’t seem to matter one iota that the girls softball team never asked for a storage shed.

“The girls aren’t complaining,” Carl told me. “It’s totally coming from the school district.”

You’ve probably turned to your significant other and wondered aloud, “Those administrators are morons. There’s no reasonable way a storage shed could violate Title IX.”

But we’re not dealing with reasonable people here, folks. We’re dealing with public school administrators.

“We have a compliance problem and that’s not something we can allow,” Murphy told the television station.

Oh, but it gets even worse for the booster club. The school district is making the parents pay to remove the shed.

“The funds have already been taken out of the baseball fund -- $10,000,” Carl told me. “The remaining funds were taken out of the high school fund.”

It cost a grand total of $21,000 to remove a shed that was given to the baseball team at no cost. The school district took every single penny of the booster club’s money.

“It’s a mess created by adults,” Carl lamented.

Indeed it is, sir. Indeed it is.

I do wonder, though, how far the government is willing to take this Title IX equality nonsense. I mean, boy athletes do have parts that girl athletes don’t have.

How does the Department of Education propose to remedy that?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Unreal

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And the liberal lunacy continues.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We as a nation are soooooo screwed

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Wouldn't a better solution be to put a pink door on one side and blue door on the other and let them share?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
as we have often opined, when it comes to liberalism.

A: it is an outward manifestation of mental illness
B: it was invented for the total destruction of America.

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ringworm
Wouldn't a better solution be to put a pink door on one side and blue door on the other and let them share?

That would make sense. I'll bet nobody brought it up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
NWA, djs, SA Charlie and the rest of the morons that keep electing them...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Have to laug... I am sitting at a 13u tavel baseball game ow..... and two parents a a fight a minute ago..

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once again, I say: take every 10th elected, appointed, civil service, got a job because "his brother - in - law is a big shot, and you can't fire him official, regardless of party, at every level, give them a blindfold and a cigarette and, up against a wall! Maybe then they will discover who they really work for.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somebody above had a good idea with the pink and blue doors and sharing - or just put a sign on there that it is a bisexual or transgender shed open to whomever/whatever, including boys and girls. Then they could receive plaudits from the queer crowd.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can almost beat that. Our all knowing school board last year banned all use of the local school system mascot that has been in use for about 50 years because it was never officially approved by the school board. They paid a local graphics guy $23,000 to design a new mascot and emblem. Lunacy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
149 members (257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 673, 18 invisible), 1,932 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,659
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.