Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
up

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
ttt

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Lots of snow this weekend. Good news to keep fire bans from messing up the rendezvous.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
up

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FYI, I just had a week long seminar scheduled that would interfere with my ability to make it that weekend. Unless it falls through I won't be able to make it.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good with the rain - am enthusiastic about his gathering and planning for a great time with fine folks. Does anyone have enough drag with the head guy to have this thread become a sticky ??

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not yet Paul -- I've Pm'ed a couple of times and so has KC -- You want to give it a try? Maybe RickBin recognizes your gravitas...

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
FYI, I just had a week long seminar scheduled that would interfere with my ability to make it that weekend. Unless it falls through I won't be able to make it.

That's a shame - I was looking forward to meeting up with some of my Wyoming brothers this summer.

[Linked Image]
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
bump

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
to the top

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

IC B3

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm leaving tomorrow and will be gone for a couple of weeks. When I get back let's crank up the activity on this activity and start the final planning.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sounds good KC. Safe travels.

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
up

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm baaack.

The gathering will be held in about five weeks. Time to start talking about gear and food coordination.

I'll be camping in my little travel trailer as usual. I'll also bring a 2-man dome tent so there will be extra sleeping room.

I can bring a 15'x 20' wall tent with wood burner stove. It's a lot easier to setup with three people so could use some help Friday afternoon before the biggest gaggle of people arrive.

Kevin are you coming? How's your back? I sure enjoyed those hot sweet rolls that you baked a couple of years ago.

I can also bring two 2-burner stoves, propane, coolers, tables, pots, pans, heaters, lanterns, a full camp setup, etc.

Paul (CCCC) are you coming? Can you bring the stuff for the prairie dog shoot?

We need a few good sturdy shooting tables.

We can always use extra lanterns and stoves.

Can someone bring a folding canopy?

Each person should bring the following items:
Folding Chair (maybe 2 - there never seems to be enough)
Water (5 gallons - there's no convenient source close)
Snacks (personal & some to share with the group)
Drinks (coffee, cocoa, soft drinks, orange juice, beer, etc.)
Firewood (one bundle or box per person should be enough).
Tent or Trailer
Sleeping Bag & Ground Pad
Firearm of choice for the prairie dog shoot.
Lies err ahh stories for the campfire.

Let's have a pot luck dinner Friday might. Everyone please bring a food item to share with 8 people.

On Saturday morning, I'll cook biscuits & gravy and eggs for the entire group. Is there anyone who wants to offer venison sausage or something similar?

On Saturday evening, I'll offer that burrito bar that I have had at previous gatherings.

We need food and cooks for Sunday morning breakfast.
Any volunteers for that?

There are some pretty good places for 4-wheeling close to the camp.

The closest fishing is in Tarryall Reservoir.

KC

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ttt

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just got back tonight from a weekend turkey hunting. No birds but a good time walking in the woods.

I've got a 16-foot GP small tent I plan to bring that has a wood stove in it. It has lots of room so if anyone needs a place to bed down, I'll have extra room.

I'll bring some elk chili for the potluck and can bring breakfast for Sunday morning.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 05/18/15.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
btt

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
btt

PMs inbound to all interested parties.

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Looking good for the family and I making it, not sure if we will be bringing the travel trailer or the tent. Will definitely have something to contribute to the potluck. Wife may want to bring up the Rubicon for some four wheeling!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
China Wall Trail is near the campsite - If you like to really test the suspension. You got lockers?

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 1,991 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,190
Posts18,465,790
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.