-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Smith and Wesson will not ship 15 round mags to Colorado under this promo do to there legal department advice. But they will let me buy them and they can ship. I think they are all about the$$$$ and only for the 2 amendment when it is profitable. So they will give me 3 free 10 round mags so it is not a total loss. just a rant and it is over now. On a good note i like my new and first M&P 40 VTAC.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
GB1

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Maybe there is a difference between them giving you magazines that are illegal where you live and you ordering magazines that are illegal where you live. I would be pizzed at the lawmakers, not S&W.
Glad you like your new pistol.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EWY
Maybe there is a difference between them giving you magazines that are illegal where you live and you ordering magazines that are illegal where you live. I would be pizzed at the lawmakers, not S&W.

Ernie

Quit making sense. CO sold it's soul to Bloomberg, and they haven't done much to get it back (though they do bitch a bunch).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EWY

Ernie
What are you trying to say??? As far as i know 15 rd mag is legal in Colorado.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
After July 1, 2013, magazines holding more than 15 rounds may not be sold, or transferred within the state. Specific exceptions exist for family members and antique firearms. LCMs lawfully obtained prior to July 1, 2013 may be kept and used. Colorado's LCM ban does not prohibit non-residents from bringing LCMs into the state for personal use.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by CoElk101
After July 1, 2013, magazines holding more than 15 rounds may not be sold, or transferred within the state. Specific exceptions exist for family members and antique firearms. LCMs lawfully obtained prior to July 1, 2013 may be kept and used. Colorado's LCM ban does not prohibit non-residents from bringing LCMs into the state for personal use.

There you have it. S&W just not wanting to break the law.

I like 10 rounders. I use them on the range. When I drop them, no big deal. I keep my 15 rounders marked red and ready to go.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
15 ROUND MAGS ARE LEGAL IN COLORADO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M&P .40 mags hold 15 rounds. If the capacity limit is 15, what's the problem?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I do not know. they said this was there legal department advice they will not honor there free 3 mag 15 round promo in Co,and some other states. That is the only thing they would say. but when asked if i could buy them that was ok they would ship if bought.

Last edited by CoElk101; 05/16/15.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Get 3 Magazines Free

Due to state and local laws, residents of Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York City are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Residents of the following jurisdictions are only eligible to receive magazines up to a 10 round maximum capacity under this promotion: California; Colorado, District of Columbia; Hawaii; Maryland; New Jersey; New York (but excluding New York City); and Illinois.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
M&P .40 mags hold 15 rounds. If the capacity limit is 15, what's the problem?

It's the date.

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Ok. I'm confused. I have no idea why Illinois would be on that list. The state does not have any type of mag restrictions. Cook county might but the state doesn't.
My apologies if I misunderstood the Colorado law.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
things get really convoluted when local jurisdictions are allowed to have their own and separate gun control laws.
In Florida, only the State can pass gun control laws, and all local jurisdiction laws were voided several years ago.

Sam......

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
A sensible approach.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,692
Posts18,456,591
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.