Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 61 62
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I had this rifle in my keep forever pile, and I really do love it, but I have a monster Rx bill coming for the immunosupresant drugs I have to take now, plus co pays etc. for my hospital stay and Kidney Transplant. So, this one is back up for sale. I would consider a Mauser, Ruger mdl 77 Mk ll, or Winchester pre 64 or Classic action 30/06 as a part trade.

When I posted this rifle up in the custom rifle section here, the guys who know lots more about these kinds of things than I do or ever will surmised that this is likely a Len Brownell build. Partly (largely?) based upon the wonderfully executed tapered octagon barrel WITH integral rib. Apparently one of his trademarks. I only have that input, no provenance to that. What I DO know is that this is a VERY high end build, pretty as pretty can be, and it shoots well and kills Mule Deer at long range with ease. Yes, I do hunt with it and it has a few small stock dings from being an actual hunting rifle.

The chamber on this rifle was cut generously enough that a 300 WinMag case that has only been necked down to 7mm fits and runs terrific. So this is actually a 7mm Practical or a 7mm/300 WinMAg but the Flour De Liese (SP?) engraving on the barrel is so pretty, and 7mm Mashburn as well as 7mm WBY and 7mm RemMag ammo all run in it too so no reason IMO to change that engraving at all.

Some features besides the awesome tapered and ribbed octagon barrel include a Model 70 style safety, custom Bases and QD lever release rings that perfectly fit THIS rifle only, and fit a 42mm objective lens Leupold scope exactly perfectly. Scope that is on it is a just back from Leupold from getting a full re build as its erector assembly went wonky last fall. It is a gloss 4.5-14x42. Only the width of a business card distance between the bottom of the Objective lens and the Express sight base. Also a neat extra lever on the bolt stop/release and many other features that I am forgetting. I simply use a 7mm STW die set to neck the 300 WinMag brass down and it makes perfect ammunition.

Dropping the price $1,000 from the last time I sold it (then bought it back at about the same price), to only $3995 with scope, ammo, brass, including shipping.

My mule deer load pushes 120gr TTSX's (Moly'ed) to 3700fps. Pretty deadly on deer, for sure. I also have several hundred bullets in 139-140gr from Hornaday (GMX) and Nosler (Accubond) all Moly'ed up to go with the rifle.

Here she is:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/safariman416/CustomMAuser7mm001.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/safariman416/Mausercustomrifle7mm002.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/safariman416/Mausercustomrifle7mm006.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/safariman416/Mausercustomrifle7mm005.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/safariman416/Owensrefurbed20gaplusmoreMauser7mm011.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/safariman416/Custom7mmcheekpiece006.jpg[/img]

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Seeing as those pics are from Jan. 2008, do they correctly depict the condition and "dings" from being a hunting rifle?

Perhaps some current pics?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Seeing as those pics are from Jan. 2008, do they correctly depict the condition and "dings" from being a hunting rifle?

Perhaps some pics in focus, too?

That said, and here we go.

What's the over/under on total page count for this thread? Anyone got a guesstimate?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yes, the rifle looks the same. No bluing loss or finish missing. The difference is only the upgraded scope. Went from a 6x42 to the 4.5-14x42 scope. The tiny 'dings' do not show in a photo. Quite miniscule. This rifle was owned by another member for a couple of years, I have only hunted with it one season, which lasted two days before I tagged out. Been too sick to hunt for a while now.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have to figure by now that this just isn't going to go well for your "sale".

Might I suggest GunBroker?

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
3 day inspect is included.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So, these pics are from before you sold it to another member "for a few years" and after a hunting with it for a season?

I think current pics of the rifle would help in your sale. YMMV

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, these pics are from before you sold it to another member "for a few years" and after a hunting with it for a season?

I think current and in focus pics of the rifle would help in your sale. YMMV

Slight edit suggested.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I can provide those (other pictures) to a seriously interested party. Those are what I have for now, and are an accurate depiction. Also most of them are in good focus. I am a rifle nut, not a photographer.

The other member from here did not hunt with it, he was overseas while he owned it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Good luck to you.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
OH, I just realized that I did not own this rifle in '08, that is the date from the photo grouping I put on a batch of rifle pictures. I bough it in 2011 or 2012. I have owned it twice, hunted with it one season.

If someone thinks I need to make a change to the ad, please suggest that via PM. thank you. It has always been considered bad form to knock a rifle or other item in the open forum here. I would appreciate it if the posts going forward were from interested parties.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
OH, I just realized that I did not own this rifle in '08, that is the date from the photo grouping I put on a batch of rifle pictures. I bough it in 2011 or 2012. I have owned it twice, hunted with it one season.

If someone thinks I need to make a change to the ad, please suggest that via PM. thank you. It has always been considered bad form to knock a rifle or other item in the open forum here. I would appreciate it if the posts going forward were from interested parties.

You REALLY want to bring up "bad form"?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Who cut the chamber?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image]

Can I get the name of your tile & grout guy?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Who cut the chamber?

I do not know.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If you are interested in the rifle, I would happily send you a spent case if that would help matters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

When I posted this rifle up in the custom rifle section here, the guys who know lots more about these kinds of things than I do or ever will surmised that this is likely a Len Brownell build. Partly (largely?) based upon the wonderfully executed tapered octagon barrel WITH integral rib. Apparently one of his trademarks. I only have that input, no provenance to that.

How about a link to that thread with the assumptions made therein for full reference?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That would be a long time ago. like 2011 or so.

If you are not interested in this rifle, please quit trying to hijack my thread. I do not do this to you or anyone else. Thank you.

I will now answer questions from a serious inquiry / possible buyer only. And I am happy to answer any questions and/or send brand new pics of any angle to such a person.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, you are claiming an enormous bill for prescription drugs coming your way from the transplant?

I had this rifle in my keep forever pile, and I really do love it, but I have a monster Rx bill coming for the immunosupresant drugs I have to take now, plus co pays etc. for my hospital stay and Kidney Transplant.

Odd, consider you've stated before that you are on Medicare (and you have posted that everything was covered for you and your cousin on threads here).

Even the transplant center puts up that the costs of those drugs is covered by Medicare at 80%: https://www.virginiamason.org/FinancialCounseling All of your co-pays would be covered at 100%, save the physician's service that would be covered at 80%.

Hell, the hospital even puts in writing how things get covered and puts in writing that they will walk you through it should you have problems: https://www.virginiamason.org/TransplantMedications

I am sure that you would be aware that Medicare Supplemental Insurance (the kind that you sold for so many years to so many people) would cover the other 20% for both costs, right?

You've also been buying stuff recently on here. That would seem odd from someone who has a huge bill coming.

Admit it, you're full of schit and lying again, trying to come up with an "oh, poor pitiful me" excuse to get someone suckered in to buy something that likely isn't represented truthfully in the first place. It is a rather standard MO of yours around here (and elsewhere), with years of history to back it up.

Last edited by 4ager; 05/18/15.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 4ager

Perhaps some pics in focus, too?

That said, and here we go.

What's the over/under on total page count for this thread? Anyone got a guesstimate?

I'm guessing 4 pages before it goes in the crapper.

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 54 invisible), 2,743 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,856
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.