Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Who cut the chamber?

I do not know.

It wasn't a Mashburn when you got it.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6462581/1

So it was another 7mm you sent to have the chamber cut on?

May 2012

I could also use some gunsmithing services, need a rifle re chambered from 7mm Remington Magnum to 7mm/300WinMag or 7mm Mashburn super.

Remington Nylon 66, especially if Apache black might get my attention as well.

Colt Revolvers are always a good item.....

Sept 2013

If the rifle is of any value, I spend $15-20.00 at oe of the "MART" stores for a hard sided rifle case to ship in. And, I use USPS exclusively. Yeah, I have had problems with UPS and Fed Ex both damaging guns and not honoring the claim. I try to ship in such a way as to eliminate the possibility of the gun being damamged. No system is foolproof but a hard side gun case is a cheap $20.00 insurance policy for nicer guns and this has worked for me. Just got my Len Brownell full custom 7mm Mashburn Super back from a 'smith in Calif that way and it still looks perfect.

Last edited by Steelhead; 05/18/15.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Best I can figure is you sent that rifle , a 7mm Remington Magnum to a smith in California and had it rechambered.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It wasn't a Mashburn when you got it.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6462581/1

So it was another 7mm you sent to have the chamber cut on?

May 2012

I could also use some gunsmithing services, need a rifle re chambered from 7mm Remington Magnum to 7mm/300WinMag or 7mm Mashburn super.

Remington Nylon 66, especially if Apache black might get my attention as well.

Colt Revolvers are always a good item.....

Sept 2013

If the rifle is of any value, I spend $15-20.00 at oe of the "MART" stores for a hard sided rifle case to ship in. And, I use USPS exclusively. Yeah, I have had problems with UPS and Fed Ex both damaging guns and not honoring the claim. I try to ship in such a way as to eliminate the possibility of the gun being damamged. No system is foolproof but a hard side gun case is a cheap $20.00 insurance policy for nicer guns and this has worked for me. Just got my Len Brownell full custom 7mm Mashburn Super back from a 'smith in Calif that way and it still looks perfect.

Well, this newest set of lies from Mark Claiborne is unraveling quickly.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The last train wreck this bad the NTSB and FBI showed up

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It has always been considered bad form to knock a rifle or other item in the open forum here.

Not when the seller is a confirmed scam artist.

Give it a fugging rest already.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If I read this correctly, Mark rechambered it.

I have re chambered a 300 Win MAg to a 300 WBY and did that one myself with a borrowed reamer, lots of cutting oil and a "T" handle. It shot great before and after with Orignal Barnes X 180's, Moly'ed. I just did a 7mm RemMAg custom MAuser from 7mm RemMAg to 7mm Mashburn Super and it is a really good shooter but I never shot it before as a 7mm Remington Magnum. I was afraid that if I took it and shot it as a commone SEVEN EM EM MAGGIE I would lose my rilfe looney card and or die form boredom at the shooting bench smile

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
My bad, looks like it was done by JRH custom guns

This is September of 2012. But in a Quote above you had also just received the rifle back from a smith in California in 2013, so you had more work done?

Got my newly rechambered 7mm MAshburn super back from JRH custom guns on Wed. Cleaned and polished the barrel to within an inch of its life with various cleaners and JB bore paste, then treated it with Dyna Ultra Bore coat that night and again on thursday afternoon. Moly'ed up some Nosler 120gr BT pills and loaded them ahead of 77grains (top end load for the 7mm WBY, which has less powder capacity) of R-22 and H4831SC and one grain at a time up to 84grns (starting load for the 7mmSTW, which has slightly more powder capacity) with each powder. My thinking being the 7mmWBY has less powder capactiy than my 7 Mash and the 7STW has slightly more so my true max should fall in between the two. On my way to the rife range now, with notebook, safety glasses and chronograph in hand, to find out if my methodology is correct and if so, just what my true top end is with this rifle and these powders using 120gr Moly'ed pills and a UBC treated, lapped custom barrel. Giving this rifle and cartridge its best possible opportunity to shine and be uberfast.

Once I have a top range somewhat established I will return and load three each of my Moly'ed 120gr TTSX's with the powder charges that looked and measured out to be near max with each powder charge and check for accuracy and confirm the speed and safety of those loads. After that, take the most promising load and play with seating depth a little to come up with this years deer hunting load.

After a long wait and much anticipation... Here we GO!!!! smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I read this correctly, Mark rechambered it.

I have re chambered a 300 Win MAg to a 300 WBY and did that one myself with a borrowed reamer, lots of cutting oil and a "T" handle. It shot great before and after with Orignal Barnes X 180's, Moly'ed. I just did a 7mm RemMAg custom MAuser from 7mm RemMAg to 7mm Mashburn Super and it is a really good shooter but I never shot it before as a 7mm Remington Magnum. I was afraid that if I took it and shot it as a commone SEVEN EM EM MAGGIE I would lose my rilfe looney card and or die form boredom at the shooting bench smile

How pathological does one have to be to claim "I don't know" who rechambered it when he did it himself?

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No, apparently JRH did it if you see my next post.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Or maybe not, who knows.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, who cut the chamber??

1. JRH Custom Guns

2. Some unnamed "gunsmith" from the People's Republic of Kalifornia

3. Mark "Bubba" Claiborne homemade drill and twist special

4. I don't know

???

Provenance?

LOP, Barrel maker, Twist, length of barrel, who did the stock and metal work? Weight?

Updated pictures (in-focus) would be helpful.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cue the non-blinking popcorn eating scamp.

(Do you have a brunette one? The blonde was OK, but I'm getting the impression we need a more serious popcorn eater this time.)

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RWE
The last train wreck this bad the NTSB and FBI showed up

Lol, 4ager and Steelhead don't need no stinkin' help from the FBI to find answers.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The uber-crickets have returned.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Although, whenever I open one of "safariman's" uber threads, I can't help but envision this...

[Linked Image]

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
speaking of uber, was this the ass shot bear rifle?

That would be like getting the one that did Kennedy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
speaking of uber, was this the ass shot bear rifle?

That would be like getting the one that did Kennedy.

Naw, that one is the ".340 Uhavasoreazz".

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Ahhhhh shucks.........hands in pockets, head hung low and kicking up the dirt.

Busted!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now, what are the odds that - like the Uberlanche - this one just magically gets sold to a mystery buyer in spite of all the red flags about the goods and the seller?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And see, when you do stuff like this :

2) Why not glass bed a custom rifle? I glass bedded and free floated both a beautuful Al Beisen Riihimaki based custom 222 and my Len Brownell octagon barrelled 7mm MAshburn Super. If it helps the rifle shoot like it should, don't understand the hesitance here.

it makes it appear as if:

A) It is for sure a Len Brownell built rifle (which you don't know)

and

B) That Brownell is the one that chambered it for some screwed up version of a Mashburn. Which he didn't, you did, or someone in CA did or someone in NV or aliens.

Page 2 of 62 1 2 3 4 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
698 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 76 invisible), 2,959 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,678
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.