-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
http://www.adn.com/article/20150518/former-fish-board-appointee-roland-maw-fined-7k-montana-charges

Looking more and more like Walker is a bigger idiot than any recent governors and he has a lot of competition for the title... The link has some really special comments, too.

Former Fish Board appointee Roland Maw fined $7k in Montana charges
Laurel Andrews
May 18, 2015
Roland Maw, Gov. Bill Walker’s controversial appointee to the Alaska Board of Fisheries, pleaded no contest last week to illegally obtaining resident hunting and fishing licenses in Montana.

As first reported by the Peninsula Clarion, Maw pleaded no contest to seven counts of license violations that he faced in Montana. According to the court order filed May 14 by Beaverhead County, Montana, Justice of the Peace Candy Hoerning, Maw purchased Montana resident licenses every year from 2008 to 2014. He claimed Alaska residency during those same years.

Maw was fined $7,245. The court also barred him from hunting, fishing and trapping for 18 months in Montana, Alaska and all other states that have joined the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.

Maw is a Cook Inlet commercial fisherman and the former executive director of United Cook Inlet Drift Association, a commercial fishing industry group. Gov. Bill Walker appointed him to the Board of Fisheries in January. His nomination stirred a controversy and drew opposition from the Alaska Legislature.

Maw withdrew his name from consideration on Feb. 20. A few days later, Montana law enforcement officials said that the state had opened a criminal investigation into Maw’s possession of Montana resident hunting and fishing licenses. In late March, he was charged with seven misdemeanor counts.

Maw declined to comment when reached via phone on Monday. Joe Fairbank, listed in the court order as Maw’s attorney in Dillon, Montana, the Beaverhead County seat, did not return a call for comment.

Contact Laurel Andrews at laurelalaskadispatch.com or on Twitter

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those moving into political circles seem to have issues with proper behavior.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/19/15.

1Minute
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Bill is having a lot of trouble with the BOF and the situation is regressing.

http://www.adn.com/article/20150518...-after-two-failed-fish-board-nominations

At least we were relieved of the Begich burden.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
imo our state is headed down a rough road for awhile, we've seen it before

but I can't say I'm crazy about the guy driving the buggy so far.

course none of them ever live up to their campaign hype

and as Art pointed out, he's got some rare company as who's been our goofiest governor.

I'm sure Art can remember Steve "all bets are off as soon as I was sworn in" Cowper

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Oh, yeah! ol' Steve Cowpie!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Funny how the [bleep] you do when no one is looking has a way of catching up with you when everyone is.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maw purchased Montana resident licenses every year from 2008 to 2014. He claimed Alaska residency during those same years.

Makes me wonder what his real residence was and maybe his PFD records need audited.

I say send the SOB back to L48.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
No doubt a closet Republican.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Damn- I like Roland!

Guess he ain't as smart as I always perceived him....

Does this shut down his commercial fishing too?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No, it looks like he will be commercial fishing without a hitch... only sport harvesting is included in the pact.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
" For a Few Dollars More"......

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 816 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,574
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.