Print Thread
Hop To
C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I gotta go for walleye in big water someday...
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w8X1llsWFSk[/video]

PS, look for the guys in a boat on the ice.

Last edited by colodog; 03/07/15. Reason: add comment

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My brother fishes Erie hard during the warm weather months. They focus mostly on perch. He's running a 27 foot boat now with good electronics. They've gotten to the point where they have a pretty good handle on getting the big perch. They are taking fish in the 12 to 16 inch range pretty frequently. He does some killer fish fries a few times a year, and we always have a big fish fry the weekend bedfore deer season opens up at camp in Pa. Just about evey year they tangle with something very big that they never get a look at. He figures it's a big walleye or a sheephead, but they locked into something last year that literally spun his boat end for end as he fought it. 'Burned up the drag system on his Penn spinning reel and eventually broke the line.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Something that big sounds like a sturgeon.

I fished the Detroit river last 2nd week of April, I had 2 really nice fish, 1 10lbs another 8.5lbs. The pro walleye tournament was going on the first couple of days we were there, some of the limit of 5 fish were over 40lbs.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by colodog
I gotta go for walleye in big water someday...
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w8X1llsWFSk[/video]

PS, look for the guys in a boat on the ice.

A lot of those images are very familiar, i can identify the parking lot they are launching from as being Magee Marsh. I live 50 miles from there and fish the hard water every winter. In fact I caught my limit of walleye there yesterday. After navagigating the cracks in the ice on my way back in I am very interested in how the motorized wheel was attached to the johnboat. [][Linked Image]

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My Very favorite Pastime...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Went out yesterday by myself.

Picked up 2 in the 2.5 to 3 # range, and 4 in the 6.5 to a little over 8#'s

They were being very fussy as to depth, and lure after the big rains, and wind we had for the last 4 days.

[Linked Image]

Going back out with my regular fishing partner tomorrow morning, we usually do pretty good...

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
90 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 7887mm08, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 1,584 guests, and 720 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.