Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
It's a Rubicon, so it has front and rear lockers, 4:1 transfer case, sway bar disconnect, all the good stuff. With the way the weather has been this year, who is bringing the Ark so this shindig can still happen?

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Very interested this year. I hope it can work out.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for doing this guys. KC, especially for your graciousness in bring such food and equipment. I plan to join you all and will try to be there by Friday AM to help KC with any needed setups. May even come a day or so early to chase some of those advertised fish.

For certain will bring something good for the Friday potluck and will be pleased to bring some food for Sunday breakfast and help get that one done. Anyone want to list what we need to bring for that?

Yes, will bring all items needed for the PD shoot - you folks can supply the fun - bring your best 200 yard shooter.

KC, I can probably bring some of the camp equipment stuff needed - just let us know of such needs as the time gets near.

Thanks agai. P

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jon - hope you are coming - would be great to see your grinning mug again, and you will really like these guys and gals. Let's talk.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I should still be able to make it. At the moment just planning on myself in my dome tent if the sucker still works. Bringing the boat is a possibility, will depend on how much time I'll be able to take off.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
btt

PMs inbound to all interested parties.

Wife Louise and I are planning on attending.

We’ll supply some devilled eggs, cinnamon/brown sugar French toast, breakfast juice, and Louise sez she’ll bring some of her chips ‘n dip.

We just returned from a South Park multi-day “camp and explore” adventure. Spent some time at the proposed “24HCF gathering” campsite. Nice and flat camp area. Shade if you want it. Very easy to access. BYO firewood. Pretty country. In the area we saw deer and elk. Right in the camp area was a lone turkey track.

The immediate vicinity there, since access is so easy, looks fairly heavily used. We’re wondering if a “Plan B” campsite would be advisable, in case the primary site is already occupied? Maybe even a Plan C?

FjLee

Lee Carkenord and Louise

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fjlee

Wife Louise and I are planning on attending.

The immediate vicinity there, since access is so easy, looks fairly heavily used. We’re wondering if a “Plan B” campsite would be advisable, in case the primary site is already occupied? Maybe even a Plan C?

FjLee

Lee Carkenord and Louise

Lee:

It will be good to see you and Louise again.

I will arrive at the camp area on Thursday afternoon to "take possession" of the site.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
FjLee-- Plan B would be just down the same road a 1/4 mile where there is another good group camp site. I've camped up there a few times now, even on a holiday weekend and never had a problem getting that site. Since it is behind a closed gate and a dead-end road, not many folk know about it.

Getting there Thursday will likely lock it up.

Erik

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm still planning on bringing out a bowling pin shooting rack. We'll come up with a suitable prize for the winner.

Erik

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
FjLee-- Plan B would be just down the same road a 1/4 mile where there is another good group camp site. I've camped up there a few times now, even on a holiday weekend and never had a problem getting that site. Since it is behind a closed gate and a dead-end road, not many folk know about it.
Geting there Thursday will likely lock it up.
Erik

Hmmmm…….that possibly sounds like the trail going off of FS 275 that’s CURRENTLY marked by a fairly new looking tho heavily vandalized “NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES” sign.

Erik and KC…….in the area under discussion, how CS is the FS enforcement folks about enforcing the “one vehicle length off of designated NFS routes” rule as it pertains to Pike NF “dispersed camping” ?

I’ve had a couple of unhappy discussions with them over in Pike NF South Platte Ranger district.
In my experience, it seems to depend on whether or not the enforcement person is having a good or not so good day!

FjLee Lee Carkenord Denver CO

Last edited by fjlee; 05/19/15.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm still planning on bringing out a bowling pin shooting rack. We'll come up with a suitable prize for the winner. Erik
This sounds like fun - which firearms and what distances are involved in this one?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why isn't Obama being impeached over this lie and cover-up?

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by grouseman

Got the wrong thread maybe? grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So guys, who gave Obama those false dates/location for our event - and why would he be giving out such info anyway? Is he planning to be there? I read that he is very familar with shotguns

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Pretty sure he wasn't invited... matter of fact, I'm damn sure he wasn't invited.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
I'm still planning on bringing out a bowling pin shooting rack. We'll come up with a suitable prize for the winner. Erik
This sounds like fun - which firearms and what distances are involved in this one?

Rack of five hanging pins. Start at 200 yards, and everybody gets five pins and five cartridges. Most hits advances to next round, then move it out to 300 yards. Repeat. When it gets down to two shooters, then it's sudden death, one pin at a time. If someone misses, the other shooter can take out his pin to win.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As usual, with summer approaching, working is ramping up. But I still plan on attending. I'll probably get there Friday afternoon with our fifth wheel and a few WMD's to enjoy.

Prolly be just me and my dog.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Rack of five hanging pins. Start at 200 yards, and everybody gets five pins and five cartridges. Most hits advances to next round, then move it out to 300 yards. Repeat. When it gets down to two shooters, then it's sudden death, one pin at a time. If someone misses, the other shooter can take out his pin to win.
OK - thanks - this is a good one but will need to practice some to do any good at all. From what position(s) do we shoot?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I was thinking off a table, Paul.

Depending on how many kids show up, this could a fun contest for 22 at a closer distance. It's always fun to see your target move after you hit it. I may not let Hayden (my youngest) play , though. That kid can shoot. He may have to play with the adults... lol

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll bring one of my rifles and a brick of 22s for the kids.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,319
Posts18,468,413
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.