Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#9916164 05/21/15
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
What is your favorite burger ? And no, I don't mean restaurant burgers, but rather kind you make at home and add your own touch to. What is inside the meat and on top of the meat ? or even under the meat ? what kind of meat(s) ? what is your favorite type of bun ?

A Nosey Female wants to know, and yes, I am not above stealing your ideas grin

Last edited by Miss Lynn; 05/21/15. Reason: Oops due to a flutter
GB2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bighorn sheep is my favorite burger meat but obtaining it is an issue. Took me 27 years to draw a tag frown That being said elk/moose would be my next choice then beef.

I bought one of those plastic stuffed burger tools at Menards and putting cheese inside the burger is great. Bacon, onion, thin sliced dill pickle and Dukes mayo to top it off.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Equal parts ground pork, deer, and lean beef. Stuff with good cheese. Slice of sweet onion, German Johnson 'mater, and Duke's mayo. Maybe a strip or two of good bacon. Toasted sourdough bun.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My favorite burger is:

Have your butcher grind a whole brisket.

Make some UBER thin patties with it and add rub of choice. Montreal Steak, salt and pepper, whatever.

Grill them fuggers up and saute some onions to go with.

Throw onions on top and add a slice of swiss. Another patty, some more onion and a slice of swiss. Let it melt.

Put on bun. Add ketchup or mayo or mustard or WTF else you want. Toast the bun or don't.

Makes a wonderfully greasy mess of a burger.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Oh, and if you don't want to grill them you can fry the patties in bacon grease in a cast iron pan.

Pretty GD UBER.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My favorite are brisket burgers ground 80/20 from the trimmings. Season a 1/2 lb. patty with Lawry's and pepper on both sides. I cook them on a raised grid at 450-475* for about five minutes per side then add a slice of cheddar and provolone cheese the last two minutes. Place it on a toasted onion bun spread with mayo. Add red onion, leaf lettuce and garden tomato. No ketchup or mustard for this guy! Throw some chips or fries on the side and I'm good to go.

[Linked Image]

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good burger is all about the beef. Grind your own or get some ground at least 80/20.

Salt and pepper. Med rare.

I like a classic American style with pickles, catsup, mustard and mayo with some cheap azz, processed, non-dairy, cheese food Kraft singles.

Or a green chili cheese burger with a fried egg.

Put bacon on it, or don't.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think that the burger has to be cooked just right. It's amazing to me, how easy it is to dry them suckers out if you ain't careful.

I really like putting some onion soup mix into the meat and mixing it up, along with some pickled jalapenos, or if in season, some fresh leeks. No onions needed if you put leeks in there!

Lettuce, mater, onion (red is as good as it gets), some mayo and some fresh cracked black pepper. I like cheese...just about any kind of cheese, but Wegman's has a Jalapeno/Cayenne Cheddar that is probably my favorite to put on there.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I don't do anything to burgers other than brush them lightly with oil, add some salt and pepper, and cook. Plain ground beef, no fillers, no other seasonings.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thin burgers/meat for me ,easy to control I makeemwit moose an brisket mix, frezze on wax paper hell I,been taken to cooking the meat last they cook so quick, like Mr .gfy said, i like a sturdy but softer bun, one thing I always do is build the Sammie, then I wrap in foil ,it hold the heat,moist,and everything! Try it ! And when I say build it ,add every thing u want /let set wrapped in foil 3-5 mins...dam I'm drooling…lettus could be left out for that extra crunch,but everything else wrap it dagmait !

Last edited by atvalaska; 05/21/15.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I flip 800 burgers for a place every year in a four hour shift, but I start with frozen Patty's then grill ,flipping one time only ...never ever press, then a minute before they are what I call done..wet pink juicey they go in to a large foil pan with a concentrate of beef base hotazzwater ...from Sam's, a heavy concentrate ! ,the last 5 years or better I have no hair on my hands , gosh flipping a all them burgers its hard to stay metro lol!!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I don't do anything to burgers other than brush them lightly with oil, add some salt and pepper, and cook. Plain ground beef, no fillers, no other seasonings.

The older I get the more I seam to appreciate the less is more when it comes to food. Start with top notch ingredients, season just enough to compliment the quality ingredients and cook to perfection. You simply can't go wrong.

I'd just add, a good bun, thin sliced red onion and tomatoes, bit of mayo and ketchup and you have a good burger.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Jiffy burger ftmfw.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
100% moose, add some bacon grease for fat, horseradish, an egg, breadcrumbs, some BBQ sauce, and parsley. I do mine on a Traeger.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I grind my moose 80/20 and that's the way I like beef too. Thick 3/4lb patty with salt, pepper and a bit of garlic powder. Grill it hot and fast till medium. Toasted hard roll with cheddar, bacon, fried onions, fried jalapeños, avacado and bbq sauce. It usually ends up so tall it won't stay together, and the juices soak the bun. One of those burgers that once I pick it up, I'm afraid to put it down.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We will be grilling them tonight. Our basic hamburger uses 15-20% fat ground beef, an egg, salt, pepper and a bit of garlic powder. Cook medium rare topped with Swiss cheese, serve on toasted buns with a bit of mayo, lettuce, thinly sliced tomato and red onion. We often switch it up though and add salsa to the meat, green chilies as a topping, etc. I'll do an Italian one that has egg, breadcrumbs, pesto, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Top it with provolone with a bit of mayo on
focaccia.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Grilled at home, they're all good. Grilled onions and jalapenos are one of my faves. No catsup or mustard, just mayo.

Sean
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Grilled at home, they're all good. Grilled onions and jalapenos are one of my faves. No catsup or mustard, just mayo.

Bingo.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some might consider it blasphemy but I really enjoy a not to thick burger with lots of cheese (pepperjack), onion, bacon, and a fried egg. Sometimes I will even fry up some lunch meat and throw that on there too. Kind of like a breakfast sandwich/burger combo in one. I love those things.

A close second would be a homemade juicy lucy though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had an EMS cookout and grilled up a bunch of burgers that were 85% ground chuck. Seasoned up the meat with salt n' pepper and some minced onions. Had plenty of mushrooms, caramelized onions, Swiss and sharp chedders slices, dill pickle slices, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and Miracle Whip (for those who like it), tomatoes and lettuce. And for buns we used grilled cheese sandwiches...! One for the top bun and one for the bottom bun. It was a flippin' feast and those folks got their grub on...!

BTW, a really good sauce for burgers is made by mixing Tabasco Chipotle Sauce and mayonnaise.

When I make em' at home, I like to use big, freshly baked rolls from the bakery (cut em' in half with a bread knife) for the buns.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
744 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,764
Posts18,401,436
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.