Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Just checked. I have a deer tag, an antelope tag and by the looks of it a RFW cow moose tag.Elk are not shown yet,only the app.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup, and I just drew my first 'lope tag in 30 years. Unfortunately, the dates coincide with my son's due date for his first child....ugh!

"I don't live in a liberal universe, my dad gave me a brain and began kicking life lessons into it until I stopped being stupid"
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CreekWarrior
Yup, and I just drew my first 'lope tag in 30 years. Unfortunately, the dates coincide with my son's due date for his first child....ugh!

There'll be other grandchildren.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Child birth is for women. After all they need to eat!

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

You can turn your tag in,let them keep the money and you will retain your Pref Points.

Antelope season is usually only a one day affair anyway. You can probably work around that due date some.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
How did you check? Where did you go to check?

Buy once, cry once.
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
To check your draw results.

Go to the CPW web site and go to "Buy and Apply". Then "Buy On line". Fill out the questions like you are going to buy a tag. When all your info comes up, select "Big Game and Turkey Licenses and Applications".

Next Page is a "Submit" button. Select that

Then a page comes up that shows all the big game tags, go down right below it and select the "Buy Habitat Stamp and other licenses". A page will come up showing all you applied for and all that you received tags for. I think it says "Products you have on file". Example, there will be a 4XX code that says deer app and then 5XX code that says deer. I think if you see a 5XX code, you drew that tag.

Mine shows:

2015 - 490 RES DEER APP
2015 - 462 RES PRONGHORN APP
2015 - 562 RES PRONGHORN
2015 - 575 RES MOOSE
2015 - 018 EXTRA ROD STAMP

2015 - 475 RES MOOSE APP
2015 - 480 RES ELK APP
2015 - 590 RES DEER
2015 - 030 RES SR FISHING-ANNUAL
2015 - 013 RES SMALL GAME-ANNUAL

Elk are not posted yet and I can't tell if you got 1st or 2nd choice.

Last edited by saddlesore; 05/22/15.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats on the moose tag. Fun hunt.

Last edited by 30338; 05/22/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Just checked. I have a deer tag, an antelope tag and by the looks of it a RFW cow moose tag.Elk are not shown yet,only the app.

Congratulations on the moose. I hope you will share your story on that one as it unfolds.
Someday I hope to be lucky enough to draw that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Curious as to what ranch will you be hunting moose?

"I don't live in a liberal universe, my dad gave me a brain and began kicking life lessons into it until I stopped being stupid"
IC B3

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Looks like I'm SOL for deer and pronghorns.

I also drew a blank for mountain goats. I now have 3+13 points for mountain goats.

So all my Colorado eggs are in the elk basket.

Fortunately I have an out-of-state hunt planned this year.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Curious as to what ranch will you be hunting moose?

Silver Spur.It is the only RFW that has moose tags.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No luck for met as of yet only 4XX in deer, moose, pronghorn, and bear. However I drew deer and pronghorn tags last year, and should draw elk this year as I burned all 9PP on a unit that only took 6PP to draw last year. The sad thing is my daughter just turned 12 in Jan and is dying to hunt Colorado and she is all 4XX for deer, pronghorn, and bear as well. She'll get to hunt pronghorn at least on one of her Grandpa's landowner vouchers, and hopefully she'll draw that cow elk tag I put her in for. Bear for both of us was just a PP this year as she wants one, so this was the first year we applied.

Last edited by taylorce1; 05/22/15. Reason: SS beat me to it!
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Alamosa

Congratulations on the moose. I hope you will share your story on that one as it unfolds.

I was getting close for me if I would have to give up hunting before got a tag. Already I had to let a bunch of goat and sheep tags go. The only reason that I pursued this was that they guide you and get your moose out for you.

I will probably pick up a new electric chain saw and use olive oil in it to cut the darn thing up.I got a little 800 watt generator that will run it.

I'm more excited about this than I was when I got that 201 elk tag after 20 years applying. This only took 15.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought it would be the Silver Spur. I've been elk hunting around the ranch for the past few years and the moose are thick in there. Last year, during second season, the moose were herded up into one large herd over 20 animals. Two big bulls, many smaller "Bullwinkles" and cows. We kept running into them everyday. Opening day my step son and I were bluff charged and it was hilarious running through the trees half laughing, half in terror and then watching him blow past me like I was standing still. On my last day hunting, the big girl with a calf charged me when I surprised all of them on the ranch fenceline. With my back against the fence and no where to go, she charged around her calf - thankfully she stopped at about 15 feet and I didn't have to poke her 'tween the eyes. That encounter left me shaken up pretty good. Never seen moose herd up into more than 5 or 6 animals.

The ranch manager Dave is a pretty good guy and the ranch properties are easy to hunt. You should fill your tag and have a good time.

Congrats and good luck to ya!

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Thanks. Appreciate the info

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have 12 pp for pronghorn, but only know area 62 and 61. Any suggestions appreciated. 77 years old now with two knee replacements that still limit distance to walk. won't live long enough to hunt 61 again. What about it saddlesore any suggestions for elk muzzleloader.61 still the place for an old man to kill a bull.

Jimbob
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by sweetsues
I have 12 pp for pronghorn, but only know area 62 and 61. Any suggestions appreciated. 77 years old now with two knee replacements that still limit distance to walk. won't live long enough to hunt 61 again. What about it saddlesore any suggestions for elk muzzleloader.61 still the place for an old man to kill a bull.

PM sent

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for the heads up - I drew a deer tag with only 1 PP and should draw a cow tag as well. Maybe that luck can produce a multi animal year in 2015. Its been a while for me, freezer #2 clean out starts this week and worst case saves a little energy, best case it goes back on full in November.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Alamosa

I was getting close for me if I would have to give up hunting before got a tag. Already I had to let a bunch of goat and sheep tags go. The only reason that I pursued this was that they guide you and get your moose out for you.

I will probably pick up a new electric chain saw and use olive oil in it to cut the darn thing up.I got a little 800 watt generator that will run it.

I'm more excited about this than I was when I got that 201 elk tag after 20 years applying. This only took 15.

Congrats on your moose tag! It's something special to be able to hunt a moose in your home state. Got mine 6 years ago, with a good friend along to help skin, quarter, and pack out.

We used the disarticulation method of field dressing- skin, remove quarters, neck meat, backstraps, etc., and leave the carcass and guts intact. Works especially well on moose, and only a couple of sharp knives are needed. Result is very clean meat, which cools out quickly. Another tip- if you are in reasonable distance from a vehicle, a cheap plastic kid's sled for snaking out quarters works very well.
Since you are hunting a RFW area, you may not need to worry about much of the stuff after the kill.
Good luck!!!!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I just added a ML elk tag to the list

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Looks like everybody who has drawn a tag is Co Res. You think NR results are not up yet? Have 17 points for unit 76 MZ elk. Wonder what my odds are?
John

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RWE

There'll be other grandchildren.

They all look the same for the first few months anyway.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like no on antelope, but both son and I drew some type of deer tag and our elk tags. His should be a youth EE or cow tag in 15 1R, and mine should be an EE Tag for 15 1R as well. The deer tags will be 2R, and he can trade in his youth tag for a cow tag for 2R and hopefully I can pick up a leftover cow tag for 2R.

Anyone know when these mail?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Everything is supposedly to be posted May 29 on the Draw Results and Pref.Point page and liceneses in mail, June 12 per BG Brochure

Last edited by saddlesore; 05/25/15.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good to know - I'm still showing a 491 code for NR elk.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got my moose refund in today's mail. 3 plus 15 points now.

Last edited by colorado bob; 05/26/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No points deer or elk, so it looks like a good year!

2015-RES DEER APPLICATION-DM015O2R
2015-RES DEER APPLICATION-DF015O2R
2015-RES DEER APPLICATION-DM015O3R
2015-RES DEER APPLICATION-DF015O3R

2015-RES ELK APPLICATION-EE015O1R
2015-RES ELK APPLICATION-EF015O2R
2015-RES ELK APPLICATION-EF015O3R
2015-RES ELK APPLICATION-EF015O4R

Below is a list of products you already have on file.
2015 - 480 RES ELK APP
2015 - 580 RES ELK
2015 - 059 HABITAT STAMP WITH A LICENSE
2015 - 490 RES DEER APP
2015 - 590 RES DEER

Clinging to my God, and my guns!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kevin - Hunter and I both drew the same, so we should be set. I haven't checked with Chris, but one of those weekends is parents weekend at the Academy. Gonna be a great fall!

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We can set camp early if Chris goes archery, if he would like.
My bet is another good year for grouse offering an excuse to scout when their season opens. I really hope to run up for for an early/mid summer trip, pack rod and fry pan kind of trip.

The tags sure panned out!

Clinging to my God, and my guns!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KC

Looks like I'm SOL for deer and pronghorns.

I also drew a blank for mountain goats. I now have 3+13 points for mountain goats.

So all my Colorado eggs are in the elk basket.

Fortunately I have an out-of-state hunt planned this year.

KC

Man, not being able to hunt your home state has gotta suck. Don't seem right, since you pay taxes and all. Sorry man.

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Draw results are up now for all species.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drew a Bull and Buck for muzzle loader season, looks like I'll be camp cook for first rifle.
Guess I'd best get to the range and refine my black powder skills.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 8 invisible), 1,558 guests, and 709 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,544
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.