Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I seem to get a lot of emails from KUIU. Since I've changed my clothing flavor to First Lite, I decided I don't need Jason's updates or the other KUIU emails each day. I try to unsubscribe from Jason's latest email but there is no UNSUBSCRIBE button, only this message: You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are posted.

OK - I'll go to the website and unsubscribe. I try to login using my basic email/password for most accounts. No go. I hit the forgot password button. My email (which just received KUIU spam a few minutes ago) isn't listed on KUIU's server. Great, now I'm stuck with KUIU spam. I did BLOCK SENDER but we'll see if they can beat the system.

Rant over...

BP-B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've got the unsubscribe option on the ads I receive from Kuiu.

Maybe you're special laugh

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Maybe. Here's the latest email I received.

Building KUIU has posted a new item, 'Miss the KUIULive Tent EVENT: Watch it Now'

Yesterday morning on KUIU Live, we introduced the new ULTRA Star 1P Tent and Mountain Star 2P Tent. Once again, we want to thank everyone for an incredible turnout and the overwhelming support that you continue to show KUIU.

Congratulations to the winners:

ULTRA Star 1P Tent
Kyson Smith from Logan, UT

Mountain Star 2P Tent
Robert Tressler from Salida, [...]

You may view the latest post at
http://blog.kuiu.com/2015/05/21/miss-the-kuiulive-tent-event-watch-it-now/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are posted.
Best regards,
Jason Hairston

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bry,
Go to your deleted emails. (I assume there will be a bunch of KUIU emails in there) Unsubscribe to one of those.

All of mine have the unsubscribe feature. I likely would have used it by now but I'm waiting for the email that says they have some of the stuff I want IN STOCK. laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
OK - I found an email and unsubscribed. I then received a notification on the unsubscribing from the address I blocked.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Didn't work.

Building KUIU has posted a new item, 'KUIU's European Grand Opening'

We are proud to announce the Grand Opening of KUIU's first European showroom. To celebrate the Grand Opening event, KUIU will be providing a catered lunch for those who RSVP. Come join KUIU founder and president Jason Hairston for this exciting event. A complete size run of all KUIU products will be available for customers [...]

http://blog.kuiu.com/2015/05/22/kuius-european-grand-opening/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are posted.
Best regards,
Jason Hairston

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Click that link in your post (http://blog.kuiu.com).

On the right, where it says "Get email updates of new posts", there is a place to put in your email address and two buttons: "subscribe" and "unsubscribe". Put in your email address, click "Unsubscribe". You will get a confirmation email with a link. Click that link.

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

I saw the Kuiu advertisement/link on the 24HourCampfire header this morning and thought I'd link over and see what they had.

After this, I believe that Kuiu has absolutely NOTHING I'd want.

Sorry, Kuiu mad

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
KUIU is smart. They put clothes on the hunters in these fancy, well shot hunting videos, like this:

http://www.gohunt.com/video/element...m_term=0_ce54a62683-65495400bb-192198045

You and I know a couple of things after watching this video:

1) The clothes did not matter. It took skill and work to be successful.
2) There is nothing glamorous about that hunt. Long pack in, steep hunt, heavy pack out.

BUT... The video is shot very well, edited very well, and it makes most people think:

1) The clothes DID matter. It took skill, work AND matching camo KUIU to be successful.
2) Boy thats a glamorous hunt. I want to pack in 13 miles, walk up to a bedded mule deer and shoot it.

And so most walk away from the video, and the many many others out there, truly believing they need $1000 is matching camo gear to be successful. I'll never forget coming home from my fist mountain backpack hunt. I would have traded every minute I spent researching clothes on shooting practice and gym time. Tag soup wasn't tasty, nor the side plate of a missed shot. Nothing beats having your body and your skill set honed and ready. But that attitude doesn't sell clothes.

More power to KUIU, Sitka, First Lite. We live in America, and God bless capitalism.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love my kuiu gear and find it a very useful part of my hunting equipment. My archery and rifle season in ca runs temps of 90-100 all season. I've used a number of brands of camo and kuiu by far keeps me cool and aids in hunting longer. As a hunter I will take every advantage I can and good gear is one of them.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by cwh2
Click that link in your post (http://blog.kuiu.com).

On the right, where it says "Get email updates of new posts", there is a place to put in your email address and two buttons: "subscribe" and "unsubscribe". Put in your email address, click "Unsubscribe". You will get a confirmation email with a link. Click that link.
[quote=cwh2]

OK. I tried this method to unsubscribe.

Customer service sent an email telling me to use the unsubscribe link from an email.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Use your e-mail system to block the sender.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 4ager
Use your e-mail system to block the sender.

I did but they still got past the block. I haven't received any new emails since I used cwh2's suggestion.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
No promises it will work, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... smile

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Well [bleep]. Back to the drawing boards...

Building KUIU has posted a new item, 'Tents in Stock & Ready to Ship'

We recently released the new ULTRA Star and Mountain Star tents on a KUIU Live broadcast and are excited to get them in everyone's hands. We currently have both tents in stock and they are ready to ship, so place your order while supplies last!

In an earlier blog post, we provided additional images and specifications [...]

http://blog.kuiu.com/2015/05/28/tents-in-stock-ready-to-ship/

Best regards,
Jason Hairston

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got the same e-mail. There is an unsubscribe link (in hard to see grey against the white background) at the very bottom of the message.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have some Kuiu gear and really like the products, but the companies business practices are brutal in my opinion.

They censor bad reviews and push new gear ad nauseum whilst old out-of-stock items that guys want are back-ordered for months.

When production got moved to China proper fit went out the door.
I actually looked for and purchased the older non-Chines gear to achieve the fit I needed as an XXL. The newer gear across the line seems like it is made for Chinese-sized hunters.

There are great alternatives out there like First Lite...guys are obsessed with Kuiu, I've talked with some of them. Crazy.
I bought my Kuiu products because they were ridiculously cheap (pre-owned) and made well given that they are first generation gear.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
231 members (257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 36 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.