Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N

"Only Accurate Rifles are Interesting" (Colonel Townsend Whelen)
BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I can't believe you still have that rifle. I was born in 56 and would love to have that one. But, I just bought another rifle and I'm as broke as I've ever been, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Joe, I Started collecting Savage 99 Rifles over 60 years ago and have owned many,but this Rifle is one of the few I've owned which is nearly unused!
It has spent most of it's entire life in a sock in a closet prior to my finding it.

If no one sees fit to snag it, perhaps I will have it long enough for you to recover.

Rich

"Only Accurate Rifles are Interesting" (Colonel Townsend Whelen)
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Hey Rich, I wrote you a reply yesterday, but I must not have hit send, because it's not here today. So thanks again, and if my wallet fattens up I may give you a ring. I'm retiring this year, just not exactly sure what day. I need 1400 hours to get credit for this year and accrue all of my vacation time for next year. If I didn't take any vacations my 1400 hours will be completed the second week of September. But I took one week in March, so that has me at the third week of September. UPS is a union shop so we have to bid our vacations in November for the next year. I just switched operations, so my vacations are not on the list in my new operation. If they don't figure it out, I'm not telling. My last day could be the Sunday before Labor Day and they would owe me for five weeks vacation this year and 6 weeks for next year. I just have to wait and see how things go, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
<sigh> I already have 5 different .300's...hmmm...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
THAT IS A NICE RIG.
Not Many in condition often found.

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
F
F
PM Sent On Classifieds

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice.
I hope the OP sells for a good price.
But please explain why someone would buy this gun.

Last edited by Bushmaster1313; 05/20/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK:

Since this is not on the classified forum and on the collector forum, I'll be the one to break the ice.

Very nice gun.

You are asking stupid money for it though, that is why it has been for sale for so long...

Just sayin.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
nitrosonic #9914558 05/20/15
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
a

Last edited by Leverlover; 05/20/15.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the guy wants too much money for the gun and I think post war R's are heavy.

If that makes me a dick then I am a dick...

Send me your address and I'll send you a box of tissues... cry

Last edited by 99guy; 05/20/15.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leverlover
I don't really care for this bull on this site and am fixin to leave it for good because of this.

Oh:

And by the way, I'm begging you, please don't leave.

Your 11 posts in the past 4 years have contributed a tremendous amount of insight and knowledge to the group.

Just wash the sand out of your vagina, you'll feel better tomorrow.

~Admiral Yamamoto~

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leverlover
Hey 99 guy, you really are quite annoying. Just saying. You bitch about R's being heavy, about someone's price, on and on, how bout shut the - up and let folks do as folks do. No skin off your ass. I don't really care for this bull on this site and am fixin to leave it for good because of this. I'll learn the trade elsewhere and spend the money I earn....where I want. That F is coming to Wisconsin. Period to end. Just saying..which is another annoying excuse for being a dick!

Don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel. I am certain you aren't alone in your feelings.................. If you bought the gun, great purchase. When a gun has that condition and you buy it, it is money well spent.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Leverlover is happy with the gun and what he paid for it, why should he care what WTF I think? When I buy a gun I couldn't even give a rats azz what somebody else thinks it's worth and I certainly wouldn't call him a dick if he thought I paid too much for it.

If everybody got pizzed and left the forum the first time somebody disagreed with their opinion, this forum wouldn't exist.

~Admiral Yamamoto~

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The problem he has, and others of us have the same problem, is that you're way too happy to piss in someone's cornflakes. Most of us have pretty thick skin. He may be a little more sensitive. I understand where he's coming from. If you don't have something to add then don't say anything. If you do that's great. While this is just the internet pissing in folks cornflakes doesn't add anything to the company.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I feel compelled to make a statement. First, I came to this site some years ago because of a love for savage due to my dad. He bought "ONE" in 1946, and it remains the worst condition Savage I own. And the only one not for sale! It is because of that gun I came here. When I came, I had questions as I was not an avid savage collector. It didn't take long to realize there were folks here who forgot more than I would probably ever know. SO when I have questions or pertinent comments I like to come here and "bounce" it off the wall, so to speak. Since my first visit, I have purchased "alot" of savage 99's and sold none. My knowledge base has expanded exponentially. Recently I saw some one posting questions because they are where I was just a few years ago. They bought a couple R's, one a couple EG's and love them and want info. Where better to go than to school.
Constructive feedback is given and most is positive but some is negative, condescending and rude. I don't like rude people and have always come to the defense of people being wronged.
I feel it is important for you all to know that we are the teachers. Many not as qualified as others, but nevertheless the teachers. All you have to do is look at our society to realize that one day this will all be gone because young guys don't have places to hunt, fish, shoot, etc as many of us have or had. Its not because they don't love it, the opportunity won't exist for them. I work with 50 guys between 20-35 and about 5% hunt. 40 years ago that number would have been 95%. So when I see an opportunity to pass on a possibility for a fellar to have what I have, I take it. When I see selfish, rude behavior, I call it out. I won't ever meet 99guy, but I can assure you, if I did I would have this conversation with him and defend what I so love and try to build it up, not tear it down. No offense 99Guy, but please be aware of who, how and when you can and do affect someone, it matters. We are the path to the future for these guys. What will all your Savages be worth if you tear them down, low ball prices and create desention to a point no one hunts? They'll be worth ZIP, nothin', notta. But worse, they will be lost to history and guys won't even care.

As for the 99F that is for sale, I have not bought it....YET, but I intend to. I might just give nitro a big tip, just to piss people off!!! Ya never know about this pollock. In the mean time, take no offense I will tap your brains, ask a few questions, lose a little money and come back for more. But till I die, I will try to be a "GOOD" steward of the Savage 99's I love and I "WILL" stick with the winners on this site. Thanks

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good luck with all that LL. Around here boyscouts usually get their head ripped off and neck sheit down. YMMV depending on how outspoken you care to be regarding lofty values.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of good folks here and most all are user friendly. Sometimes feathers get ruffled and responses are sometimes terse. We all have bad days and don't respond as some posters expect.

Hang around awhile and you will get to know some of the computer personalities and realize some of us just need another cup of coffee before we respond. Take nothing personal and welcome to the fire. Tom.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In real life, a person has a tremendous amount of control over who they hang out with, who they converse with, and who they even have to listen to.

On the online world of forums, that doesn't apply. Every body and their mother can jump into any conversation whether they are an expert, whether they have actual knowledge of the subject, or even if they just want to try to "liven" things up by being a jerk. Often it's very easy to get caught up in what every person says in regards to what is your business. I'm guilty of that.

A thicker skin is needed online. Odds are that no matter what you do, you won't change the behavior of somebody else for the better. And sometimes your expectations of "good behavior" aren't the norm online. Ignoring responses is perfectly fine. Worst case a guy can put other users on Ignore and not even see their posts.

Personally I hate to see anybody leave here, no matter how much they contribute to the discussions or not.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hey Randy I think I need a hug and a box of tissues. PM inbound.

LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
740 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,624
Posts18,398,651
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.