Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
From nearly 7 years ago.

Originally Posted by chopper
DISASTER

Model70Guy is being polite.

Just read the 24 hrs campsite hunt thread that was selling this hunt.
I guess BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ironbender; 05/19/15.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The response.

Originally Posted by safariman
AS stated, more intel coming in. I have a few strings yet to pull for releif and will be doing all I can when the opportunity arises.

Nothing more here since this on 09/14/08.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, just read this whole thread. What an education on African hunts!

Sorry to all the guys that got skrewed. You were good guys to have reported on that chitshow. You likely saved other 24hr guys from getting the shaft.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Seven years is too long to stay mad. What happened, happened. Heads rolled, jobs were lost, money was lost, trophies were lost, reputations ruined, business(s)were closed, charges laid and much of the fun taken out of Africa.

None of us quit international hunting over it.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dang, maybe I spoke too soon. I started reading a few posts, and I guess I am still mad. Oh well, it may have been my worst hunt; but its one of my best stories.

Anyway, back to repressing the memory.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yet you're still pals with Claiborne and willing to gamble on him again? At least, that's his position/account...

Originally Posted by safariman
I am still good freinds with Model70 guy who was on both trips. And we hope to hunt Africa together soon again

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Model70Guy
Seven years is too long to stay mad. What happened, happened. Heads rolled, jobs were lost, money was lost, trophies were lost, reputations ruined, business(s)were closed, charges laid and much of the fun taken out of Africa.

And Safariman Mark Claiborne continued to lie, scam, and deceive.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
We are still talk once in awhile. When his health issues are in hand I'd hunt with him again. It would be something I set up though; I'm liking Australia more these days and as far as Africa is concerned my interests are far from mainstream now.

One thing I can say; any thoughts I ever had of becoming a booking agent myself were abandoned after that trip.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are still talk once in awhile. When his health issues are in hand I'd hunt with him again. It would be something I set up though; I'm liking Australia more these days and as far as Africa is concerned my interests are far from mainstream now.

One thing I can say; any thoughts I ever had of becoming a booking agent myself were abandoned after that trip.

You NEED to book for Bwana Jim.

How many remember the harrowing accounts from one of Bwana Jim's Discount Safaris?? shocked

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9094142/1

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reason we
> had to go to that area was due to the fact that Mark Claiborne did
> not send forward your deposits until just before your hunt, I
> remember Dan e-mailing you regarding this, we even threatened to
> cancel all of Mark's hunts unless we received deposits. Had we
> received your deposits earlier on in the year we could have secured
> animals for you elsewhere. We had originally booked you down to go
> to the Omay (where we do most of our hunting) which is one of the
> best areas in Zimbabwe and received an e-mail from Mark Claiborne
> requesting that his clients are not sent there due to the fact that
> one of his client's not shooting a buffalo in the 7 days that he
> was up there, therefore the change was a result of that as it had
> to be a last minute decision to send you to the Matetsi area. Only
> 2 clients out of 10 who have been sent to the Omay have not taken
> their buffalo.

looks like the main problem with your hunt was above.
someone held on to your money for 6 months and screwed up your hunt before you ever left North America....

well, your Dream Safari guy sucked too, I guess.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are nuts I wouldnt trust SM with monopoly much less going hunting with him after he ffucked you guys over by holding onto your money for 6 months

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More & more schit coming out on Safariman....someone shoulda kicked his teeth in long ago!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are still talk once in awhile. When his health issues are in hand I'd hunt with him again.

You're either insane or being set up for yet another Claiborne con job (or both). There is no alternative.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
We are still talk once in awhile. When his health issues are in hand I'd hunt with him again.

You're either insane or being set up for yet another Claiborne con job (or both). There is no alternative.

My thoughts exactly...

Unless the Agent is going to take full responsibility for what happens on a Hunt, good or bad, I really don't see the point of using them..

If I booked a package holiday through a travel agent and it went pear shaped, you wouldn't expect to chase the airlines or hotel owners to get it sorted, you deal with the Travel Agent only as it is they who recieved your money...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

No real need to get insulting is there? Besides, I said hunt with, not book with. He expressed an interest in some oddball Australian stuff I do and can make happen and that's about it.

I wouldn't completely rule out insane though. crazy

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Unless the Agent is going to take full responsibility for what happens on a Hunt, good or bad, I really don't see the point of using them..

There probably isn't any point. Getting one to take responsibility for what happens is a nice fantasy, but good luck with that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No real need to get insulting is there? Besides, I said hunt with, not book with. He expressed an interest in some oddball Australian stuff I do and can make happen and that's about it.

I wouldn't completely rule out insane though. crazy

Talk to folks that have hunted with him. Schitshow, defined.

Please do ask about the Campfire Pig Hunt that he attended from folks that were there. Check out the "ass shot bear" thread. Another fella that brought his kid up to shoot sage rats that was charged a "premium" for .22s for the kid, and haggled several times over about guns and money. There are plenty more.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't have an unlimited ability to stay mad so must conserve it some. What I do have I reserve for Schultz. Its been almost 8 years, we did what we could to spread the word then,and did a fair job of hurting everyone we could hurt. I basically got the investigation of the illegal activities started myself, and its been so long that my contact is dead now. Time to move on, seize onto the few bright spots and remember those. Lessons learned and all that. Bad as it was, we still shot some elephants and buffalo. Could have been worse. Crying with elephants doesn't sting as long as crying without elephants.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I don't have an unlimited ability to stay mad so must conserve it some. What I do have I reserve for Schultz. Its been almost 8 years, we did what we could to spread the word then,and did a fair job of hurting everyone we could hurt. I basically got the investigation of the illegal activities started myself, and its been so long that my contact is dead now. Time to move on, seize onto the few bright spots and remember those. Lessons learned and all that. Bad as it was, we still shot some elephants and buffalo. Could have been worse. Crying with elephants doesn't sting as long as crying without elephants.

Sounds like a "I'm forgiving, but I ain't forgetting". No more mistakes twice?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Something like that. No use crying over spilt milk. Or maybe no use crying about it forever.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,041 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,264
Posts18,467,183
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.