Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
This is what happens most of the time...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice. Do you know which planet that's from?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks and sounds like it could be around here.

It's a planet called America. It's alien to most people on Earth these days.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was good.

"Woke up stupid" LOL

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
The little known, no racist, anti-gun state of Georgia. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not quite here, but close. Not surprised, either.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The good guy didn't look like a gang banger, and didn't act like a simian.
Pretty simple really.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He was also quite likely former military (demeanor, posture, verbiage), and in a jurisdiction that respects the Constitutionally protected right to defend yourself.

Contrast those facts with other situations.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So, what if the perp had run? Would the victim have shot and then how many years would he have been sent to the pen?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by eyeball
So, what if the perp had run? Would the victim have shot and then how many years would he have been sent to the pen?

What if...

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Amazing ! Police didn't come in screaming and acting all crazy and instead calmly walked up and shook his hand. Other officer politely and calmly restrained the perp without any unnecessary violence or verbiage. Black man was treated with the respect we all should receive. Everyone but the perp was a credit to America.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
After seeing the video on the news I was first glad that it ended well for everyone. Still am.

Then I wondered if the color of the two had been switched, would it have made the national news?

Hmmm?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thats easy.

No.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Black man was treated with the respect we all should receive. Everyone but the perp was a credit to America.

This is all true, but it does show plainly why everyone needs a gun with them. Just a long time for the police to get there even, when they are doing the right thing. They can't be where they are needed, when they are needed. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is how is should go down. Dont much care what color they are

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Exactly. And I bet the winner doesn't mind having to show ID to vote.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by eyeball

What if...

I guess its crazy to consider 'what if' when you pull a gun and affect a citizens arrest. Its been often said you better not pull it with out shooting it for just that reason.

Were i in that situation i would prefer to put the perp down were he to get up and run, however, i expect it would be highly advisable the victim would be better off to unload the gun and try bouncing it off the perps head than shoot him in the back.

Sorry for asking what LEO might think. Sheesh.

Last edited by eyeball; 05/23/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Good work by the black gentleman - and the officers.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Panther, i asked the stupid question because the would be shooter seemed pretty committed to shooting the perp if he moved.

IIRC there was a recent video of a cop go7ng into attack mode on a black guy who broke and ran. Unfortunately the cop stayed in attack mode and ended up in jail after popping said runner in the back a few times before coming back down to earth.

Last edited by eyeball; 05/23/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey ball, are you still drunk from last night?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (7887mm08, 10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, 1973cb450, 12 invisible), 1,525 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,679
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.