Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by 99guy
I think the guy wants too much money for the gun and I think post war R's are heavy.

If that makes me a dick then I am a dick...

Send me your address and I'll send you a box of tissues... cry

Good to see you stupid SOB's eating your own. Sweet Jesus there are a bunch of stupid MOFOs that 'collect' Savages.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well this certainly has become a kinder gentler group than when I got here 6 years ago.

Had my ass handed too me many times over those years. I didn't cry and quit. Chose to stick around and learn. And learn a lot I did.

When somebody brought a POS here, they were told it was a POS.

When somebody wanted stupid money for a gun, they were told in no uncertain terms it was stupid money.

I could buy that 300 F everyday of the week for $700. They are as common as ticks on a coon hounds back and there are a lot of guys here that know exactly what I am talking about.

Not the same as it used to be. Even the old guys are afraid of stepping on somebodies toes and hurting the new generation of cry baby's feelings.

You guys want to make this a kiss azz feel good forum, I won't get in the way.

Last edited by 99guy; 05/22/15.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
OOOooooooooo my, you really are a "real" man. Thanks for pointing out the obvious about your personality. I doubt you have much to bring to the conversation intellectually, but I suppose the regulars already know that as well. See, I learned something. Thanks, 99boy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leverlover
OOOooooooooo my, you really are a "real" man. Thanks for pointing out the obvious about your personality. I doubt you have much to bring to the conversation intellectually, but I suppose the regulars already know that as well. See, I learned something. Thanks, 99boy

Well, How can a man with as little intelligence, experience and education as I have argue with logic like that?

I defer.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Randy, still waiting on that tissue...

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Randy, still waiting on that tissue...

Not the same as when you and I came up Roy when people spoke their minds and you had to have thick skin to stick around.

Now we all just kiss each others azzes...

Last edited by 99guy; 05/22/15. Reason: spelling

~Admiral Yamamoto~

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Now you know why I almost never get into discussing values of guns on this forum.

I'd rather spend my time and energy arguing over when 1899's became 99's or whether RT's are R's or T's than argue over the value of a specific rifle.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know Rory, if I was a pussy I'd put Steely and 99guy on ignore. I'm not so I won't but it sometimes pains me to see their posts to others. Some folks have class and some folks don't. Don't know if it's upbringing or genetic. Whatever it is it's pathetic. I know that from time to time I can be abrasive but I always try to be constructive. Sometimes I fail. Live goes on. Then there are those that glory in being confrontational and abusive. We know who you are and so do you.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Hey Roy, I seem to remember you taking some heat when you first came around for wanting to stuff Weird Boolitz into 99's, or something like that. If you check my registration date, I was accused of making an April "Fools" day joke. I just wanted to make a 38-55 switch barrel out of my 1926 303 F. Oh Well, life goes on. If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at. Like the time my son and I did a 10 day wilderness hike in New Mexico. Getting supplies I told him to grab a box of Baby Wipes, thinking it would be nice to keep the exit hole from getting a little crusty. He said we had some at home and he would bring them. Turned out what we had at home were CLOROX kitchen towels. Talk about a wake up call, and a life changing experience. Butt, we survived that too, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Still wishin I had the capitol to liberate this here shootin iron.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Hey Roy, I seem to remember you taking some heat when you first came around for wanting to stuff Weird Boolitz into 99's, or something like that.

Gosh Joe, I'm sure I don't have any idea what you're talking about. wink grin Never taken any heat here before for any ideas I've had. This one was a big hit.

[Linked Image]

This one too.

[Linked Image]

That's what I appreciate about this forum, everyone is so kind and caring for one another. wink It's very special.

All sarcasm aside, the Savage forum here is the kindest place I've seen at the campfire, so no complaints from me!!!!

But, just in case someone needs one-

[Linked Image]

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2

[Linked Image]

This one too.

[Linked Image]

] [/quote]

ROY I always Liked Those 2, one was a 22-250 and the other was a 243? or ? Especially the top one, has a cool factory look to it.
They Make a Nice all-weather rifles brought back to life from the dead.

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think I was out of line pointing out that a gun that has been for sale for over a year was priced to high. This is a collectors forum, not Savage 99 kindergarden.

All that being said, in hindsight I could have chosen my words more carefully.

So somebodies feelings got hurt and then they chose to attack me and everybody piles on. Whatever... I'm a big boy.

Sure do miss the old days when a spade was a spade.

~Admiral Yamamoto~

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And just for the record, you can go back through the thread and see where LL deleted his post where he attacked me, called me a dick, etc., etc.

Pussy

~Admiral Yamamoto~

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yep Roy, I liked those two too. I started to mention them but I wasn't sure how to spell ceracote, I'm still not sure how to spell it, too tired to look it up, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 99guy
I think the guy wants too much money for the gun and I think post war R's are heavy.

If that makes me a dick then I am a dick...

Send me your address and I'll send you a box of tissues... cry

I just realized I'm a dick too. Oh well, I'm the last one to figure it out.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just realized I'm a dick too. Oh well, I'm the last one to figure it out.

'Tis better to be a dick than a pussy. Just MOOMV. wink grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Those two sure are the epitome of all-weather rifles, Roy. They would be no good to me though because I'm no longer all-weather myself. grin The kind of weather they would shine in would induce me to sit by the fire with a tumbler of whiskey and a good book! I'll stick with blued steel and walnut, for that reason.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+100

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
285 members (007FJ, 160user, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 1,979 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,812
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.