Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by passport
That is how is should go down. Dont much care what color they are

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

BP-B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
My point is, "what if" isn't what happened here. Simply judging by the way he did handle him self, I feel the "would be shooter" as you put it, would have not engaged with the firearm had the perp ran. But, we will never know, because that is not how it went.

What if your Aunt had testicles? Why..."She'd" be your Uncle!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Like i said, i was wanting to know what the ones who know, leos, would say about the possible consequences. Thanks for enlightening me.

It was drilled into us in human pathology there are no stupid questions, but there are stupid answers. In treating patients there are thousands of "what ifs", and you better Know the answers.

Last edited by eyeball; 05/23/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
You never eluded to the fact it was a question to LEO's or the sort until your later retort. Your demeanor sure has taken an interesting turn in the last little bit. Sorry to hurt your feel goods.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yes, i should have specifically asked what the leos and lawyers thought about it. I just faied to consider enough "what ifs". wink

Last edited by eyeball; 05/23/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Say what you want, but this could be a training video for 90% of most CCW classes.

Key points.

1. Look where his trigger finger was at all times. Off the trigger and outside the guard.

2. He maintained a high ready.

3. When the police came he immediately layed down his firearm to show the police he was unarmed now.

This was not his first rodeo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
This is what happens most of the time...

Ed

That guy got his 10 cents worth. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
So, what if the perp had run? Would the victim have shot and then how many years would he have been sent to the pen?

I imagine he would have let him run.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I reckon. I was hoping LEO would let folks know that shooting him wad not a viable option.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
He was also quite likely former military (demeanor, posture, verbiage), and in a jurisdiction that respects the Constitutionally protected right to defend yourself.

Contrast those facts with other situations.

For reasons you mentioned, guy was definitely former military.

Sadly, I live in the late great State of FL. Perp's here have more rights than we do these days. You'd have to have a knife at your throat, gun to your head, or be shot at point blank to keep from a lengthy lawyer fest.

Although still Constitutional, Life threatening defense of you and yours and property protection doesn't mean much these days. Just shallow gun-clinging words to the Libs.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
The little known, no racist, anti-gun state of Georgia. grin

Ed

YEE HAAH!!

I'd rather have him as my neighbor then some posters on the fire. The dude knew what to do with his weapon when the police showed up. He appears to have had some training.

Georgiaboy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd take BMWAG as a neighbor. :t

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
757 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 85 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,704
Posts18,400,075
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.