Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Brian_Ward
Brian, what reloading mistake did you make (according to the jury) that caused them to rule that you were 40% at fault?

Why won't you tell us this?

If you think we are going to wade through "1000s of pages" of documents from the court in some one-hourse town to find out, you're just a whining petulant …

You've wasted enough of our time. Put up or shut up.

Since you asked so nicely...I made no reloading mistake. My loads did not exceed SAAMI PSI for the 300 win mag. They were at max but not over….I was hunting for moose with grizzly walking around.

Since you did not answer the question, I must not have asked it clearly. I'll rephrase it.

Nicely.

I did not ask whether or not your reloads exceeded SAAMI specs. I asked what mistake did you make ACCORDING TO THE JURY that caused them to rule you were 40% at fault.

'Nicely' this time?

Why not 'nicely' the first time, Limpdick? I'll tell you why. Because you're the same chickenschitt Hyena Pack Member that the rest of these narrow-minded, loser forum addicts are. None have the sack to stand alone here. They only know how to pile on. That's why.

And why aren't you asking what mistake the rifle manufacturer made ACCORDING TO THE JURY that caused them to rule that they were 60% at fault?

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by 4ager
Brian, what reloading mistake did you make (according to the jury) that caused them to rule that you were 40% at fault?

If you think we are going to wade through "1000s of pages" of documents from the court in some one-hourse town to find out, you're just a whining petulant …

Since you asked so nicely...I made no reloading mistake. My loads did not exceed SAAMI PSI for the 300 win mag. They were at max but not over….I was hunting for moose with grizzly walking around.

So, why did the jury assign 40% fault to you? That question has been asked several times on several forums and you've yet to answer.

Guys,
Some of you are trying to beat me to death about details, and I have been posting things people have asked for. Have you read all my previous posts? It seems like I’m rehashing things. I do know the details, but please remember I’m not a gunsmith or an engineer. But I have a fairly good grasp for a layperson. The Encore rifle hasn’t been in my possession in almost 10 years so I’m not able to break out the calipers and give you guys measurements.

Regarding the 40% fault issue. It seems like a lot of people are getting hung up on that. I’m not trying to hide that at all. But it is pure speculation why the jury decided how they did. I posted all the information I have….. the verdict. The jury didn’t write a paper summarizing their thoughts in the deliberation room.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Hey, youre just an ole soreassed pos, as opposed to the fires youngassed posits, trying to put a great co out of business for no good reason and no one should have courts recourse if they are stupid lowlife reloaders. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am not familiar with the case, but I am glad that the manufacturer wasn't vindicated because of some over-lawyered manual excluded reloaded ammo.

TC makes barrels specifically for non-manufactured ammo...so they shouldn't be able to just write off any damage to a firearm based upon their manual.

Although I don't specifically reload 300wm, I do reload. I doubt you could 'double charge' that case, because it holds so much powder to start with. You could certainly overcharge it some and place the bullet in it some way to increase pressures, but not double charge..double charges come about from people using antiquated large cases with newer powders like the 45 long colt, 38-40, 44-40, etc. Those cases were made in black powder days, back then the black powder would nearly fill the case, not so with today's smokeless powders.

Manufacturers could make it very difficult on sportsman if they printed things like 'Only winchester wildcat subsonic 36 grain ammo may be used in this 22 caliber pistol, no cci or remington or other brands.' Or, they could just make a safe product that shot the saami loaded spec regardless of origin.

In other words, if your 20 gauge action cannot hold together with a 378supermagnum...then don't chamber it or sell it.

-my two cents...let the name calling and lawyering continue...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
they write such disclaimers precisely because of bull chit claims like this one.

Sam......

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I am seriously considering changing my screen name this weekend.

Doc

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I will not be posting for a few days. I’m going away with my wife and kids for Memorial Day weekend. I should be back in front of my computer Wednesday.

Thanks,

Brian Ward

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
they write such disclaimers precisely because of bull chit claims like this one.

No, they write such bullchit disclaimers for the simple minded. Meanwhile they continue to pimp their products in publications like Handloader.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not impossible to over charge a load... prove that didn't happen and win the suit.. prove you used factory ammo, win the suit.
Try to bullshit the court, lose the suit.

1-2-3

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Friend of mine is a Gunsmith.He has a table full of blown up actions and barrels.Every one was an operator error.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

G
gbp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Best I could do

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
SBH, I have not clicked that button yet, as I walked out in a hurry to do other htings todya.

Just back and noticed your post...

You will be ignored, and you did threaten some folks here.. A big DeFlave to you, worthless azzhole you are.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rost495
SBH, I have not clicked that button yet, as I walked out in a hurry to do other htings todya.

Hey Mr. Dyslexic Drunk,

Seems you don't know whether your a$$ was bored or punched. Typical Hyena Pack member.

You promised that you would ignore me yesterday! You were adamant with that statement and no excuses! It's all right here for all to be disgusted with!

When can we meet for you to pull the trigger on an Encore in my presence? You're not chicken are you? I will love to stand back and watch! Perhaps RWE and 4ager can stand a little bit closer to you!

I promise......honest.........to call the waaaaaaahhhhhmbulance if you lose the remaining part of your mind.......

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Heh..heh.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I've got 4 I may pull the trigger on Monday. I'll let you know how it turns out.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Why we hunt moose every fall in grizz country. Most years carrying a MZ or 30-30... no need to have a 300 win mag or max loads because of bears thats for sure.

but thats your choice.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by rost495

Why we hunt moose every fall in grizz country. Most years carrying a MZ or 30-30... no need to have a 300 win mag or max loads because of bears thats for sure.

but thats your choice.

You are right, it is a personal choice. IMO most people don’t think a 30-30 is a good grizzly bear round.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by JoeBob

First of all, none of it falls on me as that I did not do anything.

Secondly, do you seriously contend that if someone put a reload at a less than starting load with pressures WELL BELOW SAAMI specs and the firearm suffers a catastrophic failure, then said person is at fault for his injury merely because he used a reload and the manufacturer said no to do so?

Unbelievable..!

Lest anyone get overly invested in the "Brian used handloads" line of reasoning, remember that TC manufactured, and for all I know still does manufacture, barrels and thus firearms that could not be used with anything but handloaded ammunition. I happen to own two of those barrels - a .30 Herrett and a 7mmTCU. There are many others besides those two examples.

So, despite what the manual is saying about not using reloads or handloads, the reality is that TC is/was well aware of, and significantly responsible for, the use of handloads/reloads in their products.

P.S. No SAAMI specs on those cartridges at the time of barrel manufacture either - so there goes that line of reasoning as well.

The above is true. At one time TC made barrels in many wildcat chamberings such as mentioned in the quote above. I have barrels in the .30 Herrett, .357 Herrett, 7mm TCU, and at one time they cranked them out for other non-standard calibers. In addition there are a few custom makers of TC barrels for the Encore/Pro Hunter and G2 Contender such as:

http://www.bullberry.com/encore_barrels.html

http://www.eabco.com/encor01.html

Note how many chamberings are not available in factory loadings that will require converting brass by forming, handloading and fire forming. The implication is that TC and S&W ought to have known that their product could and likely would be use with an aftermarket barrel. At one time, pre-S&W, they operated their own custom shop to provide the same service.

Getting back to the original Contender. It was my pleasure to compete in IHMSA handgun silhouette competition during the decades of the 1970's and '80's with a Contender. TC heavily supported the sport with various chamberings such as the 7mm TCU, that required wildcat ammunition, and provided parts free of charge to competitors, I still have boxes of parts from TC.

Immediately we noticed that there were a few problems. The first of these was that the frames between the pivot pin and the standing breech would stretch, rendering the frame useless. I had TC replace one such frame. The attempt to solve this problem is found in the reinforcing boss cast into the frames resembling the Nike "Swoosh".

The other significant problem was that the barrel locking bolt would retract under recoil allowing the barrel to open. TC modified the bolt by splitting it in half so that neither half would generate sufficient inertia during recoil to retract. The unlocking pin was modified to allow it to float within the bolt. While that solved the problem, we never knew if the two-piece bolt was remaining solidly in contact with the frame or bouncing without unlocking.

A third problem was in the effort to unlock the action by squeezing the trigger guard. I recall a modification was made to the trigger guard frame/relationship, however time has dimmed the details. Overall, the TC was a design that evolved over time with actual field use revealing the flaws and shortcomings. The original Contender also came with a set trigger that could be reduced to mere ounces of let-off, I understand this feature has been replaced with a more lawyer friendly trigger.

Headspace in bottle necked cartridges, both Herrett chamberings, the TCU chamberings, .30-30, 7mm IHMSA Rimmed and others wasn't much of a problem as headspace was set to the individual chamber and barrel to frame fit during forming, by setting the neck/shoulder back until the barrel would just snap closed. This headspaced the cartridge on the shoulder, rather than the rim. However, the frames still stretched and over time would need to be replaced. Apparently, from reader comments, this condition still exists to some degree.

My opinion is that the TC platform, while robust to a degree, is less than satisfactory for high pressure cartridges, whether loaded to SAAMI specs or not. If one is going to spend the amount necessary for a TC Encore they may as well invest in a Savage rifle with easily interchanged barrels, or a Remington 700 converted to use a Savage style barrel nut and barrel combination. If the hunter wants a single shot there are better choices such as the Ruger #1. I can not see the TC as offering any worthwhile advantages over more conventional rifles.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 05/27/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did you use to post under another handle?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 58 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,638
Posts18,455,306
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.