Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I picked 100 of these up on sale and just got around to developing a load - they shoot great at near max.

I am having problems find more however - have these been discontiued as a component bullet?

How is the on-game effectiveness?

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have shot regular core-lokt bullets for several years in my 30-06. They are accurate, and dependable on game. Work the same every time. There have probably been more elk, and deer killed with core-lokt bullets, that anything going. Interestingly, I tried about 6 or 8 different bullets, and weights when developing a load, including 155gr. scenars. The 180 grain core-lokts shot the best. That's just that gun, but it is what it is.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I like them, don't like regular Core-loss though.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
See a bunch of em as components at Bass Pro.

Incidently, I have culled a classified number of deer, legally, on area plantations and used CoreLokt's, as well as every other bullet made. If I stated the exact number on this thread, no one would believe me. Most worked well, some, not so good. We kept meticulous records of every kill. CoreLokts were one of the bullets that had literally zero failures.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks guys.

I know I can get my hands on 3 more boxes at my dealer an hour away. I hope they are there by the time I get there, and I will scoop them.

Everything I have read about them is good, and the price is quite reasonable , $21.99/50 here in Canada

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Incidently, I have culled a classified number of deer, legally, on area plantations and used CoreLokt's, as well as every other bullet made. If I stated the exact number on this thread, no one would believe me. Most worked well, some, not so good. We kept meticulous records of every kill. CoreLokts were one of the bullets that had literally zero failures.

That's interesting to know - they are indeed a good bullet. I am drifting towards bonded cores in the .243 (CL Ultra Bond or Interbonds) and use Interbonds in my 30.06.

Anytime you want to share that bullet experience in a PM, I would love to hear it!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Skatchewan
Originally Posted by Godogs57

That's interesting to know - they are indeed a good bullet. I am drifting towards bonded cores in the .243 (CL Ultra Bond or Interbonds) and use Interbonds in my 30.06.

Anytime you want to share that bullet experience in a PM, I would love to hear it!

Will do

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I have shot and seen shot a number of animals with Ultra Bonded Core-Lokts, including pigs, caribou and deer from Texas whitetails to Alberta mule deer. The cartridges have been the 7mm SAUM, .308 Winchester and .300 SAUM, and in general the bullets worked very well, killing quickly and penetrating more than sufficiently.

Most have exited, and the one I specifically recall that didn't exit wasn't found, except for a fragment of jacket with some lead attached. It came from a big Alberta mule deer buck that was quartering toward my wife at about 275-280 yards. The 150 from her .308 landed in the shoulder, whereupon the deer staggered around for maybe 3 seconds and keeled over dead. The bullet probably ended up in the paunch.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

689 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 3,054 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.