Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Mauser small ring started as a project but fell through - the receiver has been contoured on the rear ring, bead blasted with fine media at low pressure, and is untapped. I received this receiver all original witn no visible SN or markings - was transferred to me using proof markings on bottom of receiver (TF7x) as weapon firearm ID number. Has after market Timney trigger. Comes with a like new bolt that has new handle welded on and then engine-turned (very nice) and is a snug fit so will need lugs to be lapped with receiver. To finish fitting the bolt, it will be necessary to either relieve some metal in the receiver bolt recess or mill a small recess in the bolt handle. Also included a Don Markey Mod-70 safety conversion on a nice polished bolt sleeve. The bottom metal has not been cleaned up but is the type WITHOUT check screw holes. No magazine spring or follower is included. $250 in the trigger, bolt and bolt sleeve modifications alone. Asking $350 shipped USPS Priority Mail to your FFL who must accept from a private citizen (I will email two picture ID’s to dealer prior to shipment.

Prefer PayPal or USPS money order only. This is listed on another site so is subject to prior sale.

This was originally for a 257 Roberts - have Lee 4-die set plus two bags of fifty of Win unfired brass - will include for $65 additional shipped.

Attached Images
SAM_0177.JPG (95.1 KB, 548 downloads)
SAM_0178.JPG (85.83 KB, 299 downloads)
SAM_0179.JPG (80.17 KB, 272 downloads)
SAM_0180.JPG (87.59 KB, 272 downloads)
Last edited by Offshoreman; 05/21/15.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
This is a standard tenon or large thread receiver

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Has the bead blasting reduced the dimensions on this action substantially? Large thread/small thread? powdr

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'd be interested in the brass if you want to sell it seperately.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Powdr, the bead blasting has little effects on dimensions - it is a small ring but large thread receiver.

Bufaf, please pm me.

AKA The P-Man smile

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I guess what I was worried about was it having "NO" crest or other banner writing on it at all. Seems strange w/o quite a reduction in dimensions. An Erfurt or Danzig wouldn't have much but it should have had something. Your price is still a little high for me...especially since it hasn't been tapped but it's yours. powdr

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Powdr, if I take the trigger, bolt and bolt sleeve off, that makes the stripped receiver only costing $100 combined with the other parts. I'll part it out if you want - will consider reasonable offers.

Last edited by Offshoreman; 05/24/15.

AKA The P-Man smile

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I could use the bottom metal

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Memorial bump and many thanks to those of you who served with me and may have helped me still be here today. God bless America.

AKA The P-Man smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bump for a good deal ----especially with the extras!!

Ken

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Memorial Day price drop to $325 shipped

AKA The P-Man smile

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Additional info:

Front ring diameter approximately 1.29"
Tenon thread diameter: approximately 1.00"
Guard screw spacing: 7 7/8"

The "engined turning" reference is an old guy term for what they call today as 'jewelling' - leaves a polished finish with little circle patterns in it. The bold was tig welded and then polished. Some confusion as to the bolt handle. The bolt is "bent" or positioned for a scope - the handle is straight and angled slightly to the rear but not curved as most converted bolt handles are.

AKA The P-Man smile

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Tues Night Bump

AKA The P-Man smile

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Final call at $300 and I'll part it out if no takers

AKA The P-Man smile

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
If anyone is still confused as to the whether the bolt handle is for scope use, please pm me and I will send additional pics - I don't know if there is a way to add pics to a 'reply' versus a 'post' - if there is someone let me know smile

AKA The P-Man smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a bolt on one of my Mausers just like the one you have, and it works perfectly. Your action needs to be cut so the bolt can go down and lock up, but so do all of the other military bolt conversions.
If I had the extra money right now, I would buy your action right now. It is well worth more than you are currently asking.
PM me if you have any trade interests!

Ken

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Thanks Ken but the only thing I don't have in surplus quantities right now is cash smile

Last edited by Offshoreman; 05/28/15.

AKA The P-Man smile

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Fri afternoon bump

AKA The P-Man smile

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
How about selling me the brass?

Rick

Life is not a spectator sport, get out and have fun.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Sold pending funds - Rick will get with you on brass

AKA The P-Man smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 13 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 670 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,667
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.