Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Over the years I traded thru 3 sporter varmints in 223 rem, I ended up with one that was not picky on ammo. It was almost new when I got it, Ive put it in a B&C stock with the alum bedding block and used hex head screws, had the barrel cut back from 26 to 23" ,11deg target crown, I know its luck but I put a leup 4.5 x 14 on it and was in black on second shot after taking bolt out and bore sighting the old time way. any how it was nice and cool for a late May SW GA day, I shot 4 more as fast as I could,I felt the wind on shot 4 and 5 and felt like I pulled it right. Not bad for white box 50 gr hps. 100 yards, For a factory, hammer barrel I am happy,happy!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Going to make a handy ,cheap to shoot truck gun! very best WinPoor

Last edited by winchesterpoor; 05/22/15.
BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
Over the years I traded thru 3 sporter varmints in 223 rem, I ended up with one that was not picky on ammo. It was almost new when I got it, Ive put it in a B&C stock with the alum bedding block and used hex head screws, had the barrel cut back from 26 to 23" ,11deg target crown, I know its luck but I put a leup 4.5 x 14 on it and was in black on second shot after taking bolt out and bore sighting the old time way. any how it was nice and cool for a late May SW GA day, I shot 4 more as fast as I could,I felt the wind on shot 4 and 5 and felt like I pulled it right. Not bad for white box 50 gr hps. 100 yards, For a factory, hammer barrel I am happy,happy!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Going to make a handy ,cheap to shoot truck gun! very best WinPoor

Looking good. Now why isn't it shooting as good as my 9.3x62mm laugh.. Just kidding Steve. Looks like it will do the trick on those varmints.. wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
WP, that's a nice looking setup and good looking target, too. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Same gun dressed in wood with a 6 x 20 side focus, before I shortened barrel. I like wood I just did not want to beat it up in truck. very best WP
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That is a damn nice rifle buddy.. I like it. Have a good weekend...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image]
At .36C a round I can shoot and not feel like you are breaking the bank! v best winpoor

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Looks like those cows are loving on your truck too much. You know one of those .223s right behind the ear will take care of that problem... laugh

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I call it the feed wagon,dent at gas filler was 2 bulls pushing fighting, I saw it coming and got out of the way, I have learned to stay 2 cow lengths from feed bunk when feeding up in winter. It has been a great truck, 250K first 150 pulling an alum bull wagon, 8100 gas burner , that Allison transmission is the man. I did have the transfer case go out, it was hard to find for that motor ,trans configuration. I loaned my 'city' truck to daughter and never got it back. very best winpoor

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I call it the feed wagon,dent at gas filler was 2 bulls pushing fighting, I saw it coming and got out of the way, I have learned to stay 2 cow lengths from feed bunk when feeding up in winter. It has been a great truck, 250K first 150 pulling an alum bull wagon, 8100 gas burner , that Allison transmission is the man. I did have the transfer case go out, it was hard to find for that motor ,trans configuration. I loaned my 'city' truck to daughter and never got it back. very best winpoor

Ha ha... 79s is drooling over your truck right now. He really wants one like that.. It doesn't have the electronic shift transfer case does it? I just rebuilt the one on my 04 GMC Sierra sick

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Ha ha... 79s is drooling over your truck right now. He really wants one like that.. It doesn't have the electronic shift transfer case does it? I just rebuilt the one on my 04 GMC Sierra sick

LOL Be nice to find one with less the 125,000 on it. I need to get my daughter a vehicle I will be damned if she will drive a little car.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
158 members (338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 2,001 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,650
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.