Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by CCCC
Especially those selling Christ.
I can't see how Christ can be sold - or bought for that matter. Care to explain how that happens?

Ask Swaggart et al.

It's not a difficult concept. A salesman is a salesman, cars, insurance, vacuum cleaners, Christ. It's all the same.

Except no one is selling Christ, Christ is free. Some do sell their on Churches, in which they profess Christ to be a part...

Except people are. Lots of people are selling an eternity in paradise. Lots of people are paying for it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Basically it boils down to:

"SHOW ME THE MONEY".

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The fake apostle Saul/Paul started selling "Christ" after inventing him as an imaginative addition to the story of Jesus (who was actually an itinerant Pharisee rabbi of the First Century).

Supposedly a magical "get in free" ticket to "heaven"......the Christ scam has been lucrative for charlatans from Saul/Paul to Swaggart and Robertson.

Read all about it in the works of Hyam Maccoby. http://www.amazon.com/The-Mythmaker-Paul-Invention-Christianity/dp/0062505858

Last edited by DancesWithGuns; 05/24/15.

The Tea Party Movement is pretty much the same as a bowel movement except that it smells worse and has far less in the way of intelligent content.
--DancesWithGuns
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Heh..heh.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Especially those selling Christ.
I can't see how Christ can be sold - or bought for that matter. Care to explain how that happens?
But you probably knew what he meant. Christians preying on other Christians is an old game.
I doubt he knew what I meant, he's a box of rocks.
Steelhead, you have exposed your act here many times, so it was easy to see what you were trying to accomplish. That's why you were invited to explain how - which you did not do. You merely cited the name of one charlatan as a weak dodge. Anyone halfway intelligent knows that advertised Christians have used that as a base for selling stuff to Christians and non-Christians as well. All sorts of self-proclaimed "religious" folks of all stripes have done so for ages - not just alleged Christians.
But,the sale of Christ was the point of your comment and now, again, the point of the question to you - and the sale of eternal life is the point to the person who said that it has been sold. Both of you have the opportunity now to explain how Christ, and eternal life, can be bought and sold by any human being. Snide, clever diversions won't cut it. Let's see where the box of rocks resides.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have nothing personally against Safariman , i just wouldn't do any business with him because i couldn't believe anything he has to say about anything. I have very little trust in anyone who uses religion as a crutch . One other thing i can't stand is anyone who posted everything that is wrong with them health wise to get someone to feel sorry for them just so they can get a hand out. I personally just don't care what is wrong with anyone health wise, all i can say is deal with it and keep it to yourself.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I prefer scantily clad women as troll killers, Ken...

frown frown laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I prefer scantily clad women as troll killers, Ken...

frown frown laugh
True,but in dwg,sbh and s-herpes case the blah,blah hand is more appropriate. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
K.H.

That was mean.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
K.H.

That was mean.

Travis

That was not mean, that was a straight up truthful answer to the question. It is probably the only thing Steelhead and I agree on.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Steelhead, you have exposed your act here many times, so it was easy to see what you were trying to accomplish. That's why you were invited to explain how - which you did not do. You merely cited the name of one charlatan as a weak dodge. Anyone halfway intelligent knows that advertised Christians have used that as a base for selling stuff to Christians and non-Christians as well. All sorts of self-proclaimed "religious" folks of all stripes have done so for ages - not just alleged Christians.
But,the sale of Christ was the point of your comment and now, again, the point of the question to you - and the sale of eternal life is the point to the person who said that it has been sold. Both of you have the opportunity now to explain how Christ, and eternal life, can be bought and sold by any human being. Snide, clever diversions won't cut it. Let's see where the box of rocks resides.

I'd attempt but I'd get more out of trying to explain to a fence post.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

I'd like to have this on a lightweight laptop that folds out into a SIGN, when opened.......bright, and fairly BIG.

Some of the water and land rights meetings I've been attending well,
folks have plain old cardboard signs,....

Wouldn't it be a RIOT to hold that up when a particularly obnoxious politico was delivering his heartfelt blither.

.....probably need BIG batteries.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

I'd like to have this on a lightweight laptop that folds out into a SIGN, when opened.......bright, and fairly BIG.

Some of the water and land rights meetings I've been attending well,
folks have plain old cardboard signs,....

Wouldn't it be a RIOT to hold that up when a particularly obnoxious politico was delivering his heartfelt blither.

.....probably need BIG batteries.

GTC
Yup!

It kinda fits any situation,don't it GTC.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'd attempt but I'd get more out of trying to explain to a fence post.
Another chicken**** dodge from the box of rocks himself. You can't explain it. At least you have enough sense to not try - but not enough to have avoided stating the stupid in the first place. Weak.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sorry, but you've proven time and again that you are incapable. You should re-read some your Antelope Sniper posts, no different.

I'd likely have the same outlook as you if I knew how Ken Howell's catheter tasted.

Carry on

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry, but you've proven time and again that you are incapable. You should re-read some your Antelope Sniper posts, no different. I'd likely have the same outlook as you if I knew how Ken Howell's catheter tasted. Carry on

Dodging again - you seem to like to wise off like a smartmouth until someone challenges what you post. Then, your weakness and true colors show up. AS can't deal with the straight/tough questions either - he dodges like you do. You and he share a trait - when you are trapped by your own statements and can't defend - you turn nasty and vulgar. This latest post is one more example of your weak, crass vulgarity. Carry on!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
And we would probably have the same outlook as you, Steel, if we had the bringing up of you. We dont need the details or need to be psychiatrists to know what happened to you in your upbringing, or lack thereof. An alcoholic, chain smoking mother certainly and negatively affected your perception of women.

May God forgive the parent who pissed on you. And, the "christian" who pissed on you too.

HE meant for you to be an Eagle, not a vulture.

You could have been an officer and a gentleman.

You are really hot chitt, you hit 50%.

Last edited by eyeball; 05/24/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by eyeball
And we would probably have the same outlook as you, Steel, if we had the bringing up of you. We dont need the details or need to be psychiatrists to know what happened to you in your upbringing, or lack thereof. An alcoholic, chain smoking mother certainly and negatively affected your perception of women.

May God forgive the parent who pissed on you. And, the "christian" who pissed on you too.

HE meant for you to be an Eagle, not a vulture.

You could have been an officer and a gentleman.

You are really hot chitt, you hit 50%.

I didn't have a mom, my father and I shared your old [bleep] of a mother.

I can't wait (like your wife) till the day you die you old bastard. I'll post pics on the 'Fire of me pissing on your grave, I PROMISE.

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
841 members (12344mag, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 79 invisible), 3,238 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,249
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.