Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Odin Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Just wondering where you all order your shooting stuff from. I'm living in Nova Scotia and this place sucks for hunting and shooting gear. Stuff is way too expensive ....
Doug

BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wholesale sports or Cabelas operate locally, so I don't have to order. But they both offer mail order service.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I forgot to add, for reloading supplies only, Higginson's in Ontariio is a great source.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
prophet river out of wainwright Alberta.

Will have to have a look at Higginson's though.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
But, the Prophet river that I know and like is in Lloydminster...

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Its more expensive everywhere lately - sux!

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
O
Odin Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks guys I'll look into them.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Canadian Tire also carries some reloading supplies in many locations.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Odin
Just wondering where you all order your shooting stuff from. I'm living in Nova Scotia and this place sucks for hunting and shooting gear. Stuff is way too expensive ....
Doug

Cabelas is going to be opening a new location in Moncton on May 28.

BassPro is coming as well, same city.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I order powder, brass, dies and bullets from Nechako Outdoors in Vanderhoof B.C. Bullets and brass from Prophet River on occasion and recently most of my bullets, brass and dies from X Reload in Quebec.

http://www.x-reload.com/rifle-bullets/

Gerry.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
http://www.hirschprecision.com

Ask Peter for other reloading shops in and around the province. He's a great source of information.

Ordering locally will save on postage. Unless you are forced to buy out of province, try and find the small shops.

I would also ask at local gun shows where everyone is getting their stuff.

Burma Shave.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Odin;
Welcome to the 'Fire from just across the medicine line in south central BC.

As my friend gerrygoat has said, the good folks up at Nechacko Outdoors are my go to supplier of bullets and brass. Ask for Mark. wink

I've dealt with Clay at Prophet River on a few deals too and would not hesitate to recommend him.

Since powder and primers need to come via something other than Canada Post, you'll need to watch shipping costs there, but even then I try to either order with another reloader or just buy in bulk for myself to help defray the shipping costs.

For a lot of firearm parts exchange items, I've found that the equipment exchange on canadian gun nutz is a valuable resource. Honestly I don't post much on there in most of their sub forums, but I've had grand dealings with fellow Canadian firearms enthusiasts from New Brunswick to Vancouver Island.

Anyway sir, hopefully that was somewhat useful to you or someone out there this evening. Again welcome to the 'Fire and all the best to you this summer.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 05/23/15. Reason: added Prophet River

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As the OP is from NS, I will add to this thread that powder and primers are the biggest challenge down here in the Maritimes. Seems to be lots of hunters down here, but not many shooters. I live in a city of about 100K and there is not one powder supplier here. One has to beg/borrow/trade and mooch anyway he can to get those here. Bullets and brass can go into the mail, but finding powder is very problematic and expensive here.

Hopefully the Cabelas opening down the road in Moncton this will help. I can see a lot of folks coming from NS and PEI to stock up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SuperCub;
Good evening to you sir, it's been way too long since I've said hello and I hope you and yours are doing well since last we talked.

Thanks for the further details that you folks out east are facing and might I say I'm sorry to read of it.

About the best one can do then would be to do a bulk order from someone like Cabelas, Higginson or someone similar and then at very least it spreads the shipping cost out a wee bit.

Anyway sir, thanks again for the added info and all the best to you and yours this summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
613 members (2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.