D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by jimy

A golfer is he, fit to be.

Now that was mean.

Pardon me if I'm wrong Sir, but if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key....

Carl

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
I would question why you'd question something you've never done.

I can understand not wanting to do it yourself.

Two entirely different concepts.

Those who do not, will always question those who do.

NRA Endowment member, BAA Lifer, USPSA Life member, SCSA Life member, ICORE

To teach those that don't know, To remind those that do Know, To correct those that think they know.
-Helio Gracie
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 1minute
Ever bumped into a bench rest shooter that did his crown with hand tools? There's probably a reason.

It's called OCD.cant help themselves.
Hand tools are perfectly acceptable for cutting a knew crown.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hoo new?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yew two?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
HILARIOUS schit!!! Fredrica and THE Do Nothing Kchunts,expound upon their Dumbfhuqkery...by simply doing their "best".

Pardon my having ALL the T-shirts and then some. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

And the 4.9fps loss.

[Linked Image]

Extrapolation.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/537/USs2Yb.jpg[/img]

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/540/Y0aHRc.jpg[/img]

You Drooling Dumbfhuqkers are a HOOT!

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Stick,

Did you slug/feel the Annie bbl first or just commence with the blasphemy?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Hahahahah dick breath is here. You thought this was real did you. You sad little man. I was just waiting for you to line up for some balls on your chin. Laughing. Or should I say laugh laugh laughing. Now don't get all twisted up and piss your panties. I might let you be my caddy some day if I ever take up golf.

Last edited by fredIII; 06/01/15.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
4.9 fps is pretty good give for about 5".

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'bean,

Slugging the choke is more Myth and Wives Tales...but that sorta schit sounds good to some folks and puts their minds at ease.(grin)

I've chopped alotta spouts and balance/handling trumps all.

Hot off the press yesterday. 77/17 in 17 Whizzum.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

4" chop from 24" to 20",cost 56fps with 20 grainers(it's now at 2940fps). It'll shoot under an inch easily and has yet to be bedded or floated. Trigger was stoned and re-sprung and is a CH under 3# now. 1" 3.5-10x M1 ele and 3/4 minute CPC Dot,which ain't the best on paper,but a terror on heartbeats.

Hacksaw chopped(obviously),RCBS VLD "crowned" and 1000 grit wet/dry whirly-gigged.

Thinkin' she'll shine brightly,with a little more TLC.

The 17 Whizzum is for fhuqking REAL!

Mebbe I'll chop my Annie 1827 this evening.

Fredrica,

If you had as many dicks sticking out of you,as you've had stuck in you...you'd look like a fhuqking Porcupine. Congratulations?!?

It's your Imagination and I get a fhuqking kick out of how "real" your Pretend is to you.

The only thing you shoot is your mouth...but only when the fork ain't in it and there's no slighting,the high mileage on your fork!

You tub of schit Do Nothing Fhuqks are a hoot!

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
A dick porcupine must be the retard version of a chipikubra if you catch it all your wishes will come true. (You talk a lot about it).

1,000,000 rounds over 90 a day for 30 years the myth is just that a myth. (practice for the special Olympics no doubt).

I'm Still better at life you sad little man.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And the saga continues... Stick that 17 has a nice piece of wood on it for sure..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
fredrica,

You are at the MERCY of your means,abilities and comprehension...which is easily amongst THE dirtiest of tricks. Being forced by default,to use yourself as a barometer of evaluation,there are countless things that are squarely IMPOSSIBLE for you,that are mundane and daily occurrences for others. Read that again. Now one more time.

Laffin'!

Cheer up...I've put well over 100 million board feet on the ground too and ain't much fun to try and keep pace with,as your feeble efforts attest.

Now for some reason,I don't feel compelled to apologize for happily lopping off dozens of spouts,to much improve balance/handling. I do very much enjoy the Myths,Wives Tales and Vivid Imaginations that accompany such things and the deep trauma it inflicts on folks who "do" as "much" as you. Feel free to continue to talk out your ass,in regards to the things you "know" the least about.

Imagination and Pretend are priced in sucha way,that even you can afford it and be certain to tell yourself the things you most NEED to hear.

The ONLY thing you are better than anyone at,is eating.

Congratulations?

'S,

Ruger fhuqked the dog,when they offered it in anything other than laminate. FL bedding do help fend inclement weather realities,but living handles are a heavy concession,as compared to dead ones.

We all have 77/22 K-Hornets based offa the S/S Laminate and they've stood the test of time and round count(I've been around over a dozen of 'em). I've multiple 77 K's and even slum a 1st version Blued/Walnut...though it's Teflon coated and chopped short in LOP for kids.

[Linked Image]

Happened to have a couple laminates in my crummy.(grin)

[Linked Image]

My Mainstay K' hasn't seen a brush or a mop in well over 3000rds,though I do swab the chamber now and again as '296 is dirty and a muddy chamber does no favors when forming cases.

[Linked Image]

If Ruger tossed The Baby Whizzum in a plywood handle,it'd certainly sweeten the pot. Buck 'em off at 20" and a guy would REALLY have sumptin'. While I've broken quite a few laminate handles through the years,I'll always take one over Living Wood...though only a McMillan rates a Jolly Roger.(grin)

When McMillan literally broke the mould,it were a sad,sad,sad day.

[Linked Image]

I'd love to see Anschutz crank out a 17 Whizzum Repeater on a 54,wearing a S/S spout.

It'd go into one of my sadly discontinued McMillan T-hole Sillywet handles.

[Linked Image]

Oh what a ride that BAD Bitch would be!

Anywhoo...I found a 26" 308 Winny spout yesterday and mebbe I'll whistle some Skinners through it ala kiss,found pressure and rockin' on,then kickstart the hacksaw to see WTF.

Because I hate 308's,I'll not even use the VLD Deburring Tool on it,I'll go Retro and rock a Ping Pong Ball BC Deburring Tool instead.

Film at 11:00.(grin)

('79 'dendum)

I've ZERO desire to play with steaks 1000 miles from the house,as I've more tags on the kitchen table,than we could ever begin to eat.

I only get 6 months of vacation a year and there's simply not enough hours in the day,to do what I want to do and nobody is gonna out-grind me.

It's rough.(grin)

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man I need to get me a nice Sitka black tail like our son got. I'm not picky I need one to go with my couse deer I have hanging on the wall. Stick you need to put in for one of the unit 13 caribou permits get you on a big one for sure. You can hang out with us flatlanders smile

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
While I have never been able to detect the effect of a barrel crown with the crude test of a 5 shot group at 100 yards, I am sure it could be detected [and even quantitatively resolved] with less than 1000 rounds in a controlled test of world's best crown vs world's worst.

But because it is a non recurring effort and a popular part of accuracy folklore, I put the barrel in the lathe and dial in the muzzle on the right side of the headstock with a spud. Like chambering, i get the spud not only concentric with the lathe spindle at one x position but with a gimbal I can get it parallel with the spindle. I get that with the spider on the left side of the headstock. Then I do the mythical 11 degrees with an outside radiused guard ring [so I am not waving a cookie cutter muzzle] and a microscopic chamfer at the bore.

I do the same ritual for cutting threads for a muzzle brake.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 56 invisible), 2,090 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,078
Posts18,463,841
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.