-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funny how people try to disassociate themselves when the going gets tough. If you want some cool gang stuff, start checking the local dumpsters.

_______

Search warrants yield plethora of Bandidos, Cossacks symbols

Bandido key chains, Cossack jewelry, knife sheaths, stickers containing obscenities and even raffle tickets were among the many items in clothing found on suspects after a judge signed the first 30 search warrants on suspects in the bloody Twin Peaks shootout that killed nine people and injured 18.
The legal documents were obtained by the Tribune-Herald on Thursday.
54th State District Judge Matt Johnson said he issued 40 such search warrants Wednesday. Those warrants returned evidence in and on property belonging to suspects from Waco, San Antonio, Austin, Hewitt and elsewhere around the state. Symbols and paraphernalia on clothing and in bags showed club loyalty and alliances along a distinct line between rival motorcycle clubs Bandidos and Cossacks.
According to legal documents, some allegedly present during Sunday’s shooting were wearing Scimitar T-shirts and Cossack patches together. Others wearing Los Pirados paraphernalia were combining them with “support your local Bandidos” T-shirts.
Valdemar Guajardo Jr., 37, of Red Oak, was wearing a red-and-yellow T-shirt, Bandido patches and carried an anti-Cossack wallet, according to the documents.
Ray Arnold Allen, 45, of Krum, had a Bandidos vest, Bandidos business cards, a Bandidos belt, a bag of patches adorned with smiley faces that had a bullet hole in the heads, vulgar patches indicating one’s prowess in attracting women, stickers with obscenities and Bandidos paperwork.
Raymond Clifton Hawes, 29, of Waco, was wearing a Scimitars T-shirt with a Cossacks koozie, Cossacks patch, black-and-yellow bandanna and a black-and-yellow key chain.
Nathan Clark Grindstaff, 37, of Blum, possessed a Cossacks necklace, a black-and-yellow knife sheath and a Cossacks wallet.
Business cards, jewelry, patches, hoodies, vests, belt buckles, shoelaces, memo pads, lists of names, bandannas and handkerchiefs were all common among the 30 documents.
Some items had markings of five, 10 or more years with the organizations.
State District Judge Vicki Menard said she signed many more search warrants Thursday, but she declined to say how many. State District Judge Jim Meyer said he signed 47 search warrants on vehicles that were parked in the Twin Peaks lot.
Other bikers, including one of the nine killed Sunday, reportedly were held in high esteem among their communities. According to military records, Jesus Delgado Rodriguez, 65, was an active-duty Marine from 1969 and 1973 and received a Purple Heart, given to those wounded or killed in action. Rodriguez, who is from New Braunfels, also received a Navy commendation medal. Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said Wednesday that all those killed in the melee were members of two rival gangs.
But family members told the Associated Press that Rodriguez at one point belonged to two motorcycle clubs but that he wasn’t part of any club when he was killed Sunday. Rodriguez reportedly had friends who were Bandidos.
One of the arrested, Sandra “Drama” Lynch, of Mart, is well-known among local bikers for her positive work in the community, the Tribune-Herald reported Wednesday. Lynch reserved the patio at the restaurant for Sunday’s meeting, and she has organized charity concerts for cancer patients, rescued dogs and fought for motorcycle-friendly legislation. She has traveled throughout Texas to promote a “share the road” campaign, and she and others recently accepted a proclamation from Lacy Lakeview City Council for motorcycle awareness month.
Others have claimed that many in attendance at the Texas Confederation of Clubs & Independents, scheduled for Twin Peaks at 1 p.m. Sunday, were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time when gunfire erupted and were swept up in the arrests.
In a press conference Thursday, Swanton stood firm in the assertion that those killed were members of motorcycle gangs, emphasizing that the “criminal element” instigated Sunday’s events, not police. Swanton also responded to criticism on social media accusing police of lying or covering up part of the investigation into Sunday’s events.
“We are only five days into an extremely complex investigation,” he said, adding that officials do not have a time frame on when it will be completed or when more information will be released.
“I think it would be quite a feat to get all of those agencies to conspire,” he said, referring to outside agencies the Waco Police Department has enlisted to help with the investigation. Those include the McLennan County District Attorney’s Office, Texas Rangers, ATF, FBI, Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission and the Department of Public Safety’s criminal investigations division, in addition to local agencies.
“Select videos and cropped photos do not paint a full picture,” he said, referencing media shared online and a video that was shown to the AP by representatives of the Twin Peaks franchise that reportedly shows information conflicting with police’s account.
“To those involved, you know law enforcement did absolutely nothing to start this,” he said.
Swanton noted that police will not release footage until the district attorney’s office decides it is appropriate.
“We are not going to taint evidence by providing it at a time that hurts our case,” he said. “You will eventually see what happened.”
Swanton also said officials did not arrest everyone present that day, adding that of the more than 200 people present on the scene Sunday, many were intentionally released.
“If we thought you were innocent, you did not get arrested that day,” he said.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For what it's worth.
_______

Waco witness: ‘It was a setup from start to finish’

Published: 24 May 2015 02:40 AM

WACO — Richie was the first to die, then Diesel, then Dog.

Whatever else they were in life, the men with the biker nicknames were Cossacks, loud and proud and riders in a Texas motorcycle gang. And that’s what got them killed, shot to death in a brawl with a rival gang in the parking lot of a Texas “breastaurant” that advertised hot waitresses and cold beer.

“I saw the first three of our guys fall, and we started running,” said their brother-in-arms, another Cossack, who said he was there a week ago when the shooting started at the Twin Peaks restaurant.

The Cossack, president of a North Texas chapter of the motorcycle gang, asked not to be identified because he is in hiding and said he fears for his life. He is a rare eyewitness speaking publicly about the Waco shootings, one of the worst eruptions of biker-gang violence in U.S. history.

Since last week’s violence, Waco police have offered few conclusions in their investigation. But they have said that the violence was touched off when an uninvited group, presumed to be the Cossacks, showed up at a meeting of a larger confederation of motorcycle clubs dominated by the Bandidos.

In several interviews in recent days, the Cossacks rider offered a different story. He said the Cossacks were invited to the Twin Peaks patio that day — by a Bandido leader, who offered to make peace in a long-running feud between the two gangs. That invitation was a setup for an ambush, though, according to the Cossack. That’s why the dead included six Cossacks, one Scimitar (an ally of the Cossacks) and only two Bandidos.

The biker’s story could not be independently verified; most of those involved in the shootout are still in jail. But significant parts of his account square with police statements, as well as security camera videos obtained by The Associated Press.

The biker culture has unwritten rules that everybody in its world knows and has predictable consequences for stepping out of line.

So when a biker from the Bandidos, the oldest gang in Texas and one of the largest in the world, ran into a young Cossack in the Twin Peaks parking lot last Sunday, everyone knew what was coming. First words, then fists, then guns. Within seconds, Richie, Diesel and Dog were dead.

“I took off,” the Cossacks rider said. “I got out of there. I didn’t have a weapon. I couldn’t fight anybody.”

At odds for years

It started with a phone call.

About a week before the gunfight, according to the Cossack, a leader of the Bandidos, a man named Marshall from East Texas, contacted Owen Reeves, the “nomad,” or leader, of the Cossacks’ Central Texas region.

The two gangs had been at odds for years. The Bandidos consider themselves the big dogs of the Texas biker world, and other gangs — or clubs, as they prefer to be called — generally don’t cross them.

The Bandidos wear their claim to the Lone Star State on their backs. Their vests have “Bandidos” across the shoulders, just above their logo, a caricature based on Frito-Lay’s Frito Bandito. Below, the word “Texas” is stitched boldly in an inverted crescent.

That crescent, the “Texas rocker,” has long belonged to the Bandidos, and they consider it a provocation if someone else wears it without permission, which is exactly what the Cossacks did.

The Bandidos are second in numbers only to the Hells Angels and have as many as 2,500 members in 13 countries, according to the Justice Department, which considers the group a violent criminal enterprise engaged in running drugs and guns. The Cossacks, a smaller group, do not show up on law enforcement lists of criminal gangs, but the group has been growing more aggressive in recent years. Officials have warned of the potential for violence between the two gangs.

“We don’t claim any territory, but the reason that the Bandidos have such an issue with us is that we wear the Texas rocker on our back, but we don’t pay them $100 a month per chapter to do it,” the Cossack said.

On May 1, the Texas Department of Public Safety issued a bulletin to law enforcement agencies across the state warning about the Bandidos having “discussed the possibility of going to war” with the Cossacks, largely over the issue of the Texas rocker.

The bulletin noted that on March 22, several Cossacks attacked a Bandido with chains, batons and metal pipes. On the same day, Bandidos attacked a Cossack with a hammer and demanded that he remove the Texas rocker from his vest.

After all that, the phone call from Marshall was a welcome olive branch, the Cossack said.

Marshall invited the Cossacks to Twin Peaks last week when the Texas Confederation of Clubs and Independents was scheduled to hold a major meeting. Those meetings are generally about bikers’ rights, safety and other administrative issues. The Bandidos dominate that organization; the Cossacks are not members.

Marshall said that the Bandidos “wanted to get this cleared up,” according to the Cossack, who was relating what he said Reeves told him.

“He said, ‘Bring your brothers, hang out, and let’s get this fixed and we can all leave in peace and be happy.’ He was talking to our chapter in Waco. ... The leader of our Central Texas chapter said, ‘OK, I’m going to make this happen.’ ”

Reeves, who was jailed after the melee, could not be reached for comment. No members of the Bandidos could be reached for comment.

On the patio

Last week, about 70 Cossacks on Harley-Davidsons thundered down Interstate 35 through Waco and rolled into the parking lot of the Twin Peaks.

The Cossack said he and the others congregated on the outdoor patio and started ordering food and drinks. They chatted with other bikers from smaller mom-and-pop bike clubs ahead of the 1 p.m. confederation meeting.

Guns and other weapons are a common part of biker culture, and the Cossack acknowledged that members of his gang were armed.

“But not all of us,” he said. “We had no reason to believe that this was going to go that way.”

The parley with the Bandidos had been set for 11 a.m., the Cossack said, but the Bandidos didn’t arrive until about 12:15, when about 100 of them pulled up in a long, loud line of Harleys.

Trouble started almost immediately, he said: One of the Bandidos, wearing a patch that identified him as a chapter president, ran his bike into a Cossack standing in the parking lot. The Cossack who was hit was a prospect, a man seeking to become a full member of the club.

“They came up really fast, and the prospect turned and faced the bikes,” the Cossack chapter president said. “He fell backward into other parked bikes. The guy who hit him stopped and got off of his bike and said, ‘What are you doing? Get ... out of my way. We’re trying to park.’”

Cossacks quickly jumped to the prospect’s defense, he said: “Guys were saying, ‘You’re disrespecting us,’ or, ‘We’re not backing down.’ ”

In a blink, it started, he said: “Two punches: One from them, one from us.”

A Bandido with a patch identifying him as sergeant-at-arms of the same chapter threw a punch at Richard Matthew Jordan II, 31, known as “Richie,” who was from Pasadena. Jordan punched back.

“At that point in time, the sergeant-at-arms shot Richie point-blank,” the Cossack said.

Police said Jordan died of a gunshot wound to the head.

“Then all the Bandidos standing in the parking lot started pulling guns and shooting at us,” he said. “There were maybe 60 or 70 of us in the parking lot. ... We took off running. We scattered. Three of our guys went down instantly. They caught a couple more that tripped and fell, and Bandidos were shooting at them.”

He said that the second man to die was Daniel Raymond Boyett, 44, a Cossack known as “Diesel.” Police said that the Waco man died from gunshot wounds to the head.

The third man down was “Dog,” Charles Wayne Russell, 46, of Winona. Russell’s cause of death was listed as a gunshot wound to the chest.

The Cossack said that he believes the Bandidos had no intention of making peace that day.

“It was a setup from start to finish,” he said.

A parking issue

The Cossack’s story has been impossible to verify, but it is largely consistent with what police have said about how the brawl began.

Waco police spokesman Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said the shooting started in the parking lot with a confrontation over what he called a parking issue. A leader of the Bandidos, who goes by “Gimmi Jimmy,” told The New York Times that there had been no incident in the parking lot but that he had heard there was a fight in the restaurant bathroom. He did not respond to numerous emails.

The Cossack’s account is also consistent with a Twin Peaks security video. The Associated Press reported that the video shows the shooting started in the parking lot at 12:24 p.m., and that panicked bikers started running into the restaurant to flee.

The AP reported that the video shows one shot being fired, but it did not say who fired the shot.

After the bloodshed, Texas authorities warned of the threat of further violence, saying that the Bandidos had called for reinforcements from outside the state.

“History has a way of repeating itself,” Swanton said. “Violence amongst these groups leads to more violence amongst these groups.”

The Cossack said he, too, believes more violence is brewing. He said he received a call late Thursday from a friend in Bandidos leadership, who warned him to get out of his house and spread the word that the Bandidos were “coming hard” after Cossacks.

He said he was told “they’re going to hit houses. They’re going to hit funerals. And if another Cossack or a cop gets in the way, so be it.”

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But,...but...

I thought a couple of know it all's here said the cops ambushed and shot all those innocent bikers? grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
...and the organizer of the whole "motorcycle rights" event, a veteran Bandido, goes on TV in his regular clothes and claims he was "late" for the meeting so he missed the fracas, then goes on to explain without missing a beat that the Bandidos are just a motorcycle club and charitable organization who kick out the bad apples in their midst....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm curious about this repeated ref. to "Bikers Rights" .

WTF are bikers rights ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I belonged to the Texas Motorcycle Rights Association back in the day, me and my riding buddies went to a Helmet Law protest rally in Austin a time or two....

http://www.tmra.org/

Even back then though it was apparent that, if the outlaw element of the motorcycling community never became aware that you even existed, you were better off. Seemed like, besides running meth and the strip clubs, what the outlaws mostly did for a hobby was get PO'd at people.

When I first moved to San Antonio I would ride across town occasionally to a bar called "Little Sturgis"just to drink a beer and look at motorcycles. I stopped about the time one of the Bandidos' non-patched hangers-on, a regular patron, fed the dead body of his wife through a wood chipper in his back yard.

SAPD harassed the place out of business shortly after.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Meanwhile, these guys are spread across Texas, separated from each other.

And they know that the others are telling all.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i've known several banididos, you never consider them your friend. had my ass beat by them one night at zeros.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I've lived in Texas most of my life. If I'm in a restaurant or bar and a couple of Banditos come in and sit down, it's no big deal. If a group of Banditos come in, it's time to go. Most of these guys are want-a-be outlaws and nothing but talk. But put a whole group together and mix in alcohol, it's best to not be anywhere around.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
weak animals run in packs

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
weak animals run in packs

I dunno if I'd call 'em weak, not all of 'em anyway. Its starting to look like some of them in this incident, in full view of the Cops, simply started killing members of an opposing biker gang, regardless of the consequences, knowing full well that an extended loss of freedom in terms of a life in prison or even the death penalty was a likely result.

I was reading an article recently where it claimed people join outlaw clubs because they enjoy killing and living at a state of war. I dunno about that, but it appears as a group they do enjoy intimidation, and also beating the crap out of people. Indulging themselves with drugs, alcohol and women seem to be prime motivating factors too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I gotta agree with you Mike, at least where Bandits are concerned. The group was formed by returning Viet Nam vets that were disenchanted by the state of the nation. They still claim 65% of their members are Marines, but I doubt that is true. What I see is a group of people who want to be part of a different society, where only their rules apply.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ldholton
65 seems pretty young for a nom. Vet .
hmmmmm, my dad is 65- was drafted in 1969. Went straight to Viet Nam after basic trn.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 3,072 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.