Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
i got to check one of these out today, why don't more manufacturers offer packages like this for carry guns. Factory night sights, micarta grips. Pretty decent piece for the price

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Someone was selling one on the board. If I had the need I would have snatched it up.

NRA Life Member
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I have looked at them a couple times and really like them. I keep thinking about the one posted here but I don't really need it.

Dink

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Spoke to my best friends father in law, whom works at Ruger last week. He says they are building them as fast as they can and they still cant meet demands! i have not handled one yet, but very fine looking piece.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
And since this is a TALO limited edition, you wonder how many they contracted for.

Nice looking gun...hope one day they will make them in 9mm and .38 Super. Too bad .357 SIG is such a problematic feeder in 1911s...would be a great round.

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
What's too bad is that more main stream manufacturers don't get their heads out of thwir azzes and put night sights on guns as a standard feature

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I bought a one in January from my LGS and really like it. I don't have a lot of time to shoot right now and have only put 450-500 rounds down range but it handles great and has proven reliable so far. It's becoming one of my favorite 1911s. The price point is hard to beat with the features offered.

Last edited by BigBoreFan; 05/24/15.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
How are the Micarta grips?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I hope they make one in the light weight commander.

That's what keeping from trying to buy the one in the classifieds.

Dink

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I've been thinking that too Dink. But i could also buy a LW ruger and ad some night sights

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DINK
I hope they make one in the light weight commander.

That's what keeping from trying to buy the one in the classifieds.

Dink

Yep, sure would be hard to resist that version in a LW Commander.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I've been thinking that too Dink. But i could also buy a LW ruger and ad some night sights

I have thought about this too. But by the time you buy the pistol, pay shipping (or tax), pay transfer fee, buy a set of sights, sight pusher tool,etc. you could by a smith SC commander for about the same money.

Dink

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Yea, and that smith SC is a gorgeous gun

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The Micarta grips are pretty nice but a little on the slick side in my opinion. I like the G10 grips on my DW VBOB for carry but the factory Ruger grips on the Night Watchman look great on the gun. I haven't shot the Ruger since early March so I haven't been to the range in the warmer weather. If it were my everyday carry gun, I would consider a grip change.

Last edited by BigBoreFan; 05/25/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have looked at them a couple times and really like them. I keep thinking about the one posted here but I don't really need it.

Dink
Shame on you, you're gonna have to say some Hail Mary's for that one. If we like, we buy...we don't need a reason, we just buy. If for some reason the practical side of you just can't settle down, then you make up a reason. If you can't think of something, that's when you call on your campfire buddies (aka "enablers"), and we'll make one up for you.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Dink
Shame on you, you're gonna have to say some Hail Mary's for that one. If we like, we buy...we don't need a reason, we just buy. If for some reason the practical side of you just can't settle down, then you make up a reason. If you can't think of something, that's when you call on your campfire buddies (aka "enablers"), and we'll make one up for you.

I agree whistle

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Just in case you were still on the fence...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

PS, I have a Commander version landing in a couple weeks.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Quit it!!!!!.... grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only one I've actually seen & handled was a Commander size...........really nice gun for the money, not a high end gun as far as fit & finish goes, but very good nonetheless.

I don't see how anyone wanting a nice 1911 could do better for the money.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by warpig602
Just in case you were still on the fence...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

PS, I have a Commander version landing in a couple weeks.

Darn you Warpig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (35, 10Glocks, 44mc, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 14 invisible), 1,968 guests, and 806 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,699
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.