Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm more than a little perturbed. A few days ago, my yellow lab, Buddy, made the mistake of turning his azz on one of the neighbor's pit bulls. You have to understand that Buddy is the most laid-back, mellow, easy to get along with dog I have ever met. One of the neighbor's pits got loose, and went after one of our little dogs, so Buddy ran him off him. That done, he turned to come back home, and here's what that poor, little, misunderstood pit bull did to him.

[Linked Image]
He's begging me not to show anybody.......

[Linked Image]
Nice, huh?

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope he recovers ok. That looks like a good sized vet bill. Is your neighbor gonna pay it?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
There ought to be a law...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I just might be feeding that pit bull a little antifreeze if the authorities do nothing.

I hope buddy heals quickly.

Last edited by 12344mag; 05/25/15.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hope that pit took a couple 165gr HP's for the trouble!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Neighbor wouldn't have a pit bull after that. wink

Hope your pup recovers well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You need to flush the inside of those wounds with either betadine or chlorhexidine and get buddy to a DVM first thing in the morning. Don't wait. If you do not have a syringe (without needle) get one at a pharmacy

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
Hope he recovers ok. That looks like a good sized vet bill. Is your neighbor gonna pay it?

Luckily, they only charged me $100, since there's not much they could do to it, other than clean it, and give us some antibiotics & spray to keep it clean. Bad thing is, when it happened, he didn't bleed much, and his hair is so thick that I didn't think there was much there. A couple of days later, the hair started falling out, and we noticed frickin maggots mad
I spent 2 hours picking them all out, and took him to the vet 1st thing the next morning. The neighbor is white trash, and claims HIS dog couldn't have done it. The way I see it, since it's not his dog, he won't have any complaints when I shoot the sumbitch next time I catch him on our side of the hill.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Made the decision long ago...if I ever have to pull a pit bull off of one of my dogs, it'll be easy, cause he will be limp and cooling at the time....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Hope that pit took a couple 165gr HP's for the trouble!

When he comes back close to the house, and he will, I prefer one 325 grain FTX out of my 45-70............ wink

I have one with his name on it.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
Made the decision long ago...if I ever have to pull a pit bull off of one of my dogs, it'll be easy, cause he will be limp and cooling at the time....

Roger that!

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope your dog recoupes fast & good I hate to see that & hear this. I comend you for being civilized ,I do not think I could.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

Problem is it was early, and they were down in front of my mom's house, so I didn't get a chance to get near them before it was over, and he was gone.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by VinceM
I commend you for being civilized ,I do not think I could.

Oh, it's not that I'm "civilized", just patient. I WILL get my shot at him........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sorry about Buddy.

never understood why folks keep pit bulls, esp if small children are around.

Never here about a beagle killing anyone.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Problem is it was early, and they were down in front of my mom's house, so I didn't get a chance to get near them before it was over, and he was gone.

Well, thats good and bad. Good he was gone and that he released your dog, they often don't. I even carry pepper spray on my walks with my dog because of people and their frigging pit bulls....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
There ought to be a law...

haters gonna hate. shocked

Sam......

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
sorry about Buddy.

never understood why folks keep pit bulls, esp if small children are around.

Never here about a beagle killing anyone.

Nope, or yellow labs, either.......... grin

But, sure enough, the pit bull defenders will be along shortly..........

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've been around pits for many years. Never had a bad one. Won't trust a child around one though. Ya just never know.......

Sam......

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sam, Im the same way. Ive said it before but every pit I ever worked with or was around was a very nice, sweet dog. That said, I never entered an enclosure with one that I wasn't prepared to kill.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,847
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.