Print Thread
Hop To
C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I bought these in 2008 for my wife. They have hardly been out of the box. Includes all factory booklets, warranty papers, lens covers, case, strap, etc. As close to new as can be expected. Selling because they are not used. I have an identical pair so these are redundant.

The SEs are no longer made but are still considered some of the finest if not the finest porro-prism binoculars ever made. To me the SEs are the easiest binoculars to use I have tried.

Original post above. Just got back from a trip to a National Park; took the binoculars along. Did not use them at all.

I've dropped the price as the grim reality of I'm not getting any younger is setting in!

$550.00 Shipped and insured.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CKW; 05/22/15.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
IC B3

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
UP

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I hear such great things about these binocs.....makes it very tempting for sure. I've never laid eyes on a pair of these. If you don't mind CKW, what makes these so good?

Does the serial # start with 550...? Thanks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
JG, the serial # does start with 550. When I bought the first pair around 2002, I also purchased a pair of 7X42 Zeiss Classics.

Both are excellent glasses, but for me the ergonomics of the Nikon pair was better and the view through a good pair of porro prism binoculars is more pleasing to my eyes. They have more stereoscopic effect because of the shape and I find them easier to peer through brush for animals. They are easy to use both with and without glasses. I get a full field of view either way. They are very sharp to my eyes and the view is exceptionally easy to acquire and for me there is never any eye-strain. Focus is crisp (the Zeiss felt sloppy in comparison.)

I often compared the two binoculars. I liked the Nikon SE best. I sold the Zeiss 7X42 binos a few years ago.

About the time Nikon was discontinuing the SE line, I bought the pair for my wife that are for sale. She simply does not use them.

What I don't like about the Nikon SE binoculars is the rubber fold down eye cups. Eventually the rubber split at the fold. (That pair was carried for 12 hours a day for three summers with the eye cups folded.) Also they are not fully weather-tight for snow and rain.

I still have my original pair with duct tape on the eye cups! laugh

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Looking for any trades?

IC B2

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I haven't thought about a trade, what did you have in mind?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
PM sent.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
PM answered.

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Weekend up.

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
up

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
if you are happy with this power range, you should just brake down and buy these bino's..you will not be able to upgrade from these even if you dump 2x the asking price on a euro model of recent production (IMO, mind you ! )

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
up

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
468 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 48 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.