Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Mark uses the classifieds, the campfire and even out of the blue pm's to help him con people using religion or his real health issues to get people to trust him and feel sorry for him in order to rip them off.....simply putting him on ignore or pming people is going to do nothing to help put a stop to his bullchit on this site....

Are people sending the guy money?

I seem to remember a thread talking about people sending safariman money to help with his woes that he plead "poor me" to in a "pray for me" thread. But i cant remember for sure

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Mark uses the classifieds, the campfire and even out of the blue pm's to help him con people using religion or his real health issues to get people to trust him and feel sorry for him in order to rip them off.....simply putting him on ignore or pming people is going to do nothing to help put a stop to his bullchit on this site....

I seem to remember a thread talking about people sending safariman money to help with his woes that he plead "poor me" to in a "pray for me" thread. But i cant remember for sure

there has been more than one IIRC

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I was thinking that, but wasn't too sure

there has been more than one IIRC

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Barkoff,
He probably messed it up so bad, it's useless, and after all his high and mighty talk on stock work, is too embarrassed to let it be known he is full of crap, and can't do, what he brags so much about.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Shag
Originally Posted by Seafire
not a dead horse when he intends to keep using this site for his scams, nothing in his last two posts show he plans on stopping or leaving this site....the horse is alive and kicking and still interested in fugging over people here given the chance....

If you have an issue with it... or anyone else, learn to use the ignore feature....instead of coming on repeatedly and flogging the dead horse being made out of this...

Friends don't let friends buy schitt from douchebags like Safariman...

no its friends don't tell friends how to spend their money...

try that one out...

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Seafire
...who am I to get in the way of those saving the world...one forum at a time...

Now that is funny. Thanks.

you're welcome... whistle

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by DancesWithGuns
The fake apostle Saul/Paul started selling "Christ" after inventing him as an imaginative addition to the story of Jesus (who was actually an itinerant Pharisee rabbi of the First Century).

Supposedly a magical "get in free" ticket to "heaven"......the Christ scam has been lucrative for charlatans from Saul/Paul to Swaggart and Robertson.

Read all about it in the works of Hyam Maccoby. http://www.amazon.com/The-Mythmaker-Paul-Invention-Christianity/dp/0062505858

Maccoby giving away copies of his book...or do they have to be purchased?

The price is listed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...=UTF8&condition=new&sr=&qid=

He's a renowned Jewish scholar (now deceased).

The book is both shocking and important. That Saul/Paul character is the key card that, when pulled out, causes that whole "Christian" house of cards to collapse.

Here's an excerpt from one of the reviews on Amazon:

Hyam Maccoby's "The Mythmaker, Paul and the Invention of Christianity" is one of the most profound and important books I've ever read. It's sat on my bookshelf for years; I've read through it several times. I've had a long time to think about this book and its various conclusions before submitting this review, so here goes. Maccoby's argument, in a nutshell, is that Pauline-Christian Scripture (i.e. the so-called "New Testament") is a revision. The real inventor of what we now know as Christianity was not Jesus of Nazareth, but rather Paul of Tarsus. To use the analogy that Maccoby himself uses, Jesus was no more the inventor of Christianity than was the real Prince Hamlet of Denmark the author of the plays of Shakespeare. Maccoby invokes the explanation for Christian origins given by a group long ago dismissed as heretical by the Pauline-Church, the Ebionites. According to the Ebionites, the claims Paul made in his letters to have been a great Pharisee rabbi were bogus; indeed Paul's claim's to have been a true-born Jew were bogus as well: according to the Church father, Epiphanius, "They (i.e. the Ebionites) declare that he (i.e. Paul) was a Greek, born of a Greek mother and a Greek father..."
Now before you dismiss that out of hand consider this: there are a number of instances in Paul's letters where he uses the third-person plural pronoun "we" to comprehend both himself and the Gentiles (for example, Galatians 3:14, "...that in Christ the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles, that we might receive the promise of the spirit through faith.") Why would someone who was Jewish say "we" as in "we Gentiles"? How on Earth does that make any sense? But if Paul was himself a Gentile that otherwise-unsolvable problem would be immediately solved. "But what about Paul's great status as a Pharisee rabbi?" I hear you say. "Paul's masterful learning as a religious Jew is manifest throughout his letters" (or so we've been told). "That should be sufficient to refute the notion that Paul was really a Gentile", you say. This is where Maccoby really shines. As a modern expert in exactly the kind of wisdom in which Paul was claiming to be expert, there is no one in the world more authoritative to adjudicate whether or not Paul's claim's to have been a Pharisee were genuine. And Maccoby's analysis of Paul amounts to nothing less than a thorough shredding. Read chapter 7 of "The Mythmaker", "Alleged Rabbinical Style in Paul's Epistles". If you were raised to believe that Paul's letters evince a great mastery of Jewish law and religion, get set to have the most mind-blowing experience of your reading life: Maccoby successfully shows that Paul is muddled, illogical, innacurate - in short, the exact opposite of what you'd expect from a rabbi. To be sure there are times in Paul's letters when he is clearly trying to sound like a Pharisee rabbi ... and not succeeding. The idea that Paul was a great master of Jewish religion is, frankly, a myth promulgated by the Pauline Church and ultimately originated by Paul himself.

Last edited by DancesWithGuns; 05/25/15.

The Tea Party Movement is pretty much the same as a bowel movement except that it smells worse and has far less in the way of intelligent content.
--DancesWithGuns
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't take internet forum pizzing matches too serious, but this?

Damn!! That ain't a good character reference right there.

To Safariman I say, it's your history, you have to live with it..why do you bother to hang around a forum where you are no longer respected? I don't take much of what is said here as truth, but that judgement speaks volumes.

Just in case anyone missed this:

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/ins/admin_actions/actions_2011/producer_2011/10-02-005-p.pdf

The evidence has demonstrated that Mr. Claiborne
committed multiple violations of insurance laws in connection with the sale of annuities. Most
significantly, despite his knowledge of the requirement that he attempt to ascertain whether the
sale of an annuity was not unsuitable, Mr. Claiborne, on at least three occasions, recommended
the sale of annuities to elderly individuals without a meaningful assessment of their economic
circumstances. With regard to Ms. Holmes, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an annuity
Page 28 of 30 Amended Proposed Order, Claiborne, Case No. INS 10-02-005
that resulted in an immediate loss of more than $2,000 and the potential for future lost interest
payments. With regard to the Woods, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an annuity despite
having almost no information regarding the Woods‟s savings and investments. When Bankers
Life questioned the suitability of the investment, Mr. Claiborne altered a form which Mr. Wood
had previously signed as being accurate. When confronted about changes to the document, Mr.
Claiborne gave conflicting and increasingly self-serving answers.
With regard to the Holloway transaction, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an
annuity that he knew would be funded primarily through the surrender of a variable annuity and
actively assisted Mr. Holloway in discussions with Prudential to secure the necessary forms
needed to complete the transaction. Mr. Claiborne made this recommendation despite the fact he
had never read the policy nor understood its unique and advantageous features for Mr. Holloway.
Despite his knowledge, Mr. Claiborne falsely indicated on Mr. Holloway‟s application that he
was not replacing an existing annuity, and did not plan on doing so. Mr. Claiborne offered no
reasonable explanation for his conduct, but falsely asserted that he was not aware of Mr.
Holloway‟s decision to surrender the Prudential annuity.

The evidence also established that Mr. Claiborne made false statements, as well as an
untimely response to the Division, including statements under oath, in an attempt to shield
himself from liability for his conduct. His statements to investigators were often self-serving,
contradictory, and contrary to all other available evidence. Given those false statements, the
Division can have no assurance that Mr. Claiborne will fully cooperate with any future
investigations that might arise. Mr. Claiborne has thus demonstrated a willingness to deceive
other insurance companies, the Division, and most importantly, the consumers, to serve his own
interests.
Because the Division cannot rely on Mr. Claiborne to tell the truth, its ability to
effectively regulate his conduct to protect consumers in the future will be severely restricted.
Given the evidence in this matter, the ALJ concluded that the appropriate sanction is
revocation. ORS 744.074(1) allows the Division to revoke Mr. Claiborne‟s license. The
Division takes seriously its responsibility to protect the public from unscrupulous licensees. Mr.
Claiborne‟s license has already been suspended once for similar misconduct.
(Ex. A1.) Given
his prior discipline and level of misconduct at issue here, the Division finds that the only
appropriate sanction is the revocation2
of Mr. Claiborne‟s license.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rattler,

It's just the fact that the topic is a dead horse.

There is a good guy list in the classifieds. It is probabaly time to clean that up and condense it.

No one good or bad, deservers this much attention.

One would think hunting season was over...and people had nothing better to do.

how is it dead if he plans on keeping on with it? dead means he has left the site and isnt coming back....it is on going yet....

By dead, I mean everyone is preaching to the choir.

Do you believe anyone posting an opinion here is making a rational appeal?

If you feel the need to protect the innocent, send them a PM.

Has this become some kind of witch-hunt or moral crusade?

Has it become the business of the fire to ostracize or excommunicate its members?

given Rick's policy more or less of self governing yeah thats exactly what we should be doing....and given a whole lot of the classifieds is done via PM publicly hounding the guy is the only way to protect others....find it interesting alot of the same people that will follow other members around being jack arses just cause they dislike a member cause they view them to be an arsehole are telling others to knock it off when we do it to a member that is financially phugging others.....

find it odd that being an arsehole isnt allowed and should be hounded but ripping people off is and should be ignored and others left to fend for themselves against a con man.....some people have really phugged up values....

Rattler,

I don't see anything wrong with jumping on any new posts SM makes, esp. where it looks like he is running a scam.

I do object to re-starting 4 year old posts, because a) that horse is already out of the barn and b) some well meaning soul is bound to get snookered all over again. (I think 2 different posters offered up scopes yesterday to a 4 year old post.)

I'm not now and have never been a SM supporter.

There is plenty of conning going on, on the 24Hr Campfire, and it isn't all about money, a lot is about self-esteem. blush

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
when it comes to that not my damn fault you cant stand taking chit.....ive taken crap for one thing or another from all the individuals here that can be arseholes and you dont see me following them around making a jackarse out of myself.....here is a thought grow a pair and ignore them.....if your going to be on a largely unmoderated public forum you need thick skin....didnt realize less than a handful of old posts brought to the top for a different view in light of the current facts is such an inconvenience....especially with all the other BS that gets dozens of threads....

real interesting those saying ignore are the ones least capable of actually doing it....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I brought an old post up today, and I will again if I so desire. I have nothing to hide from the world, and I personally don't give a damn who gets their sagging pea sized nuts in a uproar over it....

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That leaves me out. *feelin' around down there*

I'd say my nuts are about the size of a ripe Concord grape, or so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rattler,

I'm not sure who you are replying to, it says Partsman in your message. I'm not sure it matters either.

Would you agree that keeping new people from being snookered is a laudable goal?

Can you see the difference between banging on SM for any new posts, and banging on SM for 4 year old posts?

Do you understand that some people on here can't even distinguish the two types of posts?

Are you against fooling people on here, or only against fooling people by someone you no longer like?

Sycamore

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
They ain't saggin' too bad yet either for some reason.

A cold day will still pucker 'em up right smart,...makes the whole package look like an elephant skinned tennis ball,..fer lack of a better description.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
I brought an old post up today, and I will again if I so desire. I have nothing to hide from the world, and I personally don't give a damn who gets their sagging pea sized nuts in a uproar over it....

How wonderful for you. I applaud your quiet heroism.

Sycamore

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well, summer's coming. You might want to think about investing in a roller skate.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

How wonderful for you.

Sycamore

Ain't it though ?

Last edited by Miss Lynn; 05/25/15. Reason: Oops due to a flutter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
They ain't saggin' too bad yet either for some reason.

A cold day will still pucker 'em up right smart,...makes the whole package look like an elephant skinned tennis ball,..fer lack of a better description.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by splattermatic
And no one has brought up Sitka Deer being a liar and thief.
To this day, he still hasn't returned my stock or cartridge trap, or made restitution.

And the rest of the story? The truthful part from you, perhaps?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by splattermatic
And no one has brought up Sitka Deer being a liar and thief.
To this day, he still hasn't returned my stock or cartridge trap, or made restitution.

Excellent point.

Uncle Rico. Why don't you try sticking to things you might know something about? Pretty short list, I realize.

How's your movie coming?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

617 members (260Remguy, 270cowboy, 257 mag, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 22magnut, 71 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,295
Posts18,448,991
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.