-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Reading the husky bite thread and a thought popped in my head. Visitors are very cautious when meeting my Boxer, and it always amuses our family that they fear the worlds biggest wimp. My question is how often do you think the owners of the biting dog are truly surprised? If Dillon bit someone I would be the one saying "I can't believe..."

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If mine ever bit anyone, I would assume him to probably be an excellent judge of character. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Our last dog went apesh t over a visitor once. He was later convicted of child molestation, along with trying to kill his wife by burning her house down. I have respected a known dogs opinion since.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had a Golden/Sheppard mix that I adopted from the pound. Best dog I ever had. She would go sniff under the closed front door and start barking like crazy. There would be a black or mexican walking on the other side of the road. laugh

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My sister was put in the hospital by a dog bite...from a black lab. So any large breed is potentially dangerous.

Speaking of Boxers, they always impressed me as being really good natured. A group of us crashed at a friend's house in the Bay Area, and I wound up taking an air mattress in their living room. Their Boxer curled up with me, as devoted as if he were my own dog.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
...I would assume him to probably be an excellent judge of character...

Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
... I have respected a known dogs opinion since...

I also put a certain amount of credence in how my dogs react to certain people. When I brought my first wife home to meet my folks, we sat down on the couch. My 10-12 year old Dachshund jumped up on the couch, sat down between us, turned around and looked at my fiance' and growled. After the divorce, my mom reminded me that I should have listened to the dog... When a stranger comes to the house, if my dogs are hesitant or cautious, I tend to be as well...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
My sister was put in the hospital by a dog bite...from a black lab. So any large breed is potentially dangerous.

Speaking of Boxers, they always impressed me as being really good natured. A group of us crashed at a friend's house in the Bay Area, and I wound up taking an air mattress in their living room. Their Boxer curled up with me, as devoted as if he were my own dog.

Might be different over there, but my experience of Boxers has not been so good..A friend in work has one that can't be left around kids and is only now half trustworthy around adults it doesn't know..

Also, they have a reputation as stock worriers, something to do with their historical make up..

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Tough to say when the owners would be surprised, but I can GAURANTEE you from those of us in the dog biz, from pet trainers, to vets, thigh speed trainers.....as soon as the owner says " Oh, he won't bite..." is when you brace yourself eek

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I wanted your opinion, the "he won't bite" would be me. if we thought he would bite we would do something different.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,908 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.