Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If you need a place to eat or sleep give a shout.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Well I'll be roaring down state road 83 headed for the hill country. Flag me down! laugh

Just look for something resembling the Beverly Hillbilly wagon and you'll probably find the Poobah.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by EdM

Thanks Ed...Im trying to plan this so as not to impose on anybody....

I will probably be back in late January, right in your neighborhood...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by EdM

Thanks Ed...Im trying to plan this so as not to impose on anybody....

I will probably be back in late January, right in your neighborhood...
I'm calling BS,there are people who would love to meet the Poobah and shake his hand.

You've been to Texas how many times and I would love to meet you if only for 10 minutes,30 minutes or however long you can put up with me. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
elks: Im not going through NM this time! Nice, thoughtful gestures on all your parts. Thank you gentlemen, I may very well darken your doorsteps one day.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Back from Argentina. We had a great father and son hunt. Went with a buddy and his 13 yo. Kids had never been wingshooting before, and actually, we just introducted them to shotgunning recently, with mixed results.

Let's say after watching them do sporting clays a few times, we figured they'd shoot 4-5 boxes and be sore and done with the whole idea. Wrong!

Here's Hatari Jr. and his buddy Jackson on the plane and fired up to go:

[Linked Image]

Jackson with his dad in the field:

[Linked Image]

Not only did they get to shoot, but got toplay gaucho on horseback too:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Did Imention the food was outstanding? Argentina does meat well. It is Vegan hell, and I hope all Vegans spend eternity in Argentina forced to eat tenderloin, 20 oz ribeyes right off the open fire, sausages, chicken, pork, ribs, etc, etc. The Famous diet doc Dr. Robert Adkins would have loved the low carb meals.

[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Now to the shooting. Doves and pigeons everywhere! They are a plague and a pestilence to farmers. You can shoot all you want and never put a dent in the numbers.

The kids got into the groove and performed amazingly. Jackson used the AAA approach, figuring the more lead you put in the air, the more birds that will fall. He made some amazing long distance shots and whacked nearly 700 birds in 3 days of shooting. Of course, it took him 113 boxes of shells. Poor dad choked on the shell bill. smile

Some of you might remember a few months ago I asked what to do about my son who is right handed but is left eye dominant? I got him together with the instructor of the local sporting clays shooting team, and he recommended going lefty, which we did. After about 100 shots, Hatari Jr. decided to shoot some righty, and took down 4 of the first 5. After that, he switched back and forth with equal results, which were darn good for a kid new at shooting. He doesn't know that it is not that easy to do! He does switch hit exceptionally in baseball, so I guess he just has that knack.

Here's about 90 minutes worth of shooting, at least the ones we could find:

[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
hatari,

Looks great! I love the idea of shooting, steaks, and Mallbec!

If you are willing to name this place, I'd be interested.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
I hope you have some idea of how much you suck.

Looks like a REAL good time!

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WoodsyAl
hatari,

Looks great! I love the idea of shooting, steaks, and Mallbec!

If you are willing to name this place, I'd be interested.

More than happy to share ALL the info. Family friends lease the estancia out to an outfitter who is very well organized, speakes English 100%, and communicates better than any other outfitter I've ever dealt with. Did I mention it's dirt cheap, especially if you can use FF miles. Cartridge bill is all up to you! PM sent.

IC B3

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I hope you have some idea of how much you suck.

Looks like a REAL good time!

Nyalubwe,

Very good time, especially with my kid!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Looks like a good time had by all! smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Priceless memories formed with dad! Those boys will cherish that forever.

Thanks for the pics and the story.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ya Piker. You flew them coach didn't you. grin I hope you were in business. or first. grin

Looks like a great trip. I need to do that sometime. Argentina doves and trout package would be great.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 54 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,613
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.