Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No it really isnt. Polaris sucks

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, that wasn’t very nice. There is an 800 Polaris “hotrod” in town that my old 300 can’t pull............yet. The rest it has outlived..easily....and it has outworked them all. And of course, it’s still running.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Give it time. You'll be pulling it. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the problem is you are mostly talkin about old atv's. the new polatis is a whole different animal. we ride thousands of miles on trails and we have tried to trash all the atv's we've owned by actually building our own mud pits to run them in.when you start out with a real mix of machines like,yamaha,honda,kawasaki,can am and suzuki and end up with all but one guy out of 20 plus guys riding buying polaris atv's then you know the are not bad atv's.we were talking a few weeks ago about the amount of money we have all spent on atv's in the past 20yrs .we came up with over 220,000 spent.one by one they've all went to polaris. one guy still rides a honda and i've seen him looking hard at the new rzr polaris.he's a tightwad and doesn't want to pay the price.

hook that little light ass 300 behind a 1000lb polaris and i'll drag it backwards on trails all day.

Last edited by srwshooter; 07/08/15.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Because of the old polaris' I won't be having any new Polaris'

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
like i said ,you have no clue about the new polaris.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I actually do. I have several friends that work at the atv manufacturing plant and I live in MN...there are a few around. They don't impress me at all.

There are 4 other atv manufactures I'd consider before Polaris.

Now if we're talking snowmobiles, that's entirely different. Polaris is at the front of the line with the others quite a ways behind.

Last edited by tzone; 07/09/15.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by srwshooter
like i said ,you have no clue about the new polaris.

How new is new, exactly? We have a total of 7 Rangers in the camp, 3 of which are less then 2 years old. Of those three, one (A 900EFI 4 seater) has been back to the dealer 3 times for overheating, still not fixed, and the headlights quit (Bad ignition switch- fixed). Another, a mid size 500, has had the PLASTIC front diff pinion housing come apart, a front strut blow out, and a cooling fan module fail. The third one, a 700EFI, has had both front wheel bearings fail, and a throttle position sensor failure. Fan modules and TPS's seem to be popular on the older ones too, as are frozen rear brake calipers and worn out front ball joints. The Hondas in the camp seem to just keep on going. The only other non-Japanese origin SXS in the camp is a CanAm Commander 800. Quits in cold (sub-freezing) weather after going into fail safe mode quite frequently. Dealer has been unable to resolve this one too.

Point is, you and your group seem to have an experience with Polaris ATV's that is unique.

Hats off to you.............

Last edited by badger; 07/09/15.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by srwshooter
when you start out with a real mix of machines like,yamaha,honda,kawasaki,can am and suzuki and end up with all but one guy out of 20 plus guys riding buying polaris atv's then you know the are not bad atv's.we were talking a few weeks ago about the amount of money we have all spent on atv's in the past 20yrs .we came up with over 220,000 spent.one by one they've all went to polaris. one guy still rides a honda and i've seen him looking hard at the new rzr polaris.he's a tightwad and doesn't want to pay the price.

hook that little light ass 300 behind a 1000lb polaris and i'll drag it backwards on trails all day.

I’ve spent probably $30,000 in the past 20 years on the four machines we’ve run in that time. The four machines have given us at least 80,000 miles of great service between them. The oldest, an old Honda 300 TRX, has outworked and outlasted every Polaris and Can-Am that has come to the village since it was new in ’99. Admittedly, there is one Polaris (which has no provision to haul or pull anything) as well as a couple Can-Ams which are only several months old which haven’t died yet. The greatest machines are always the new ones. The even better machines are the ones which are still accomplishing great things when they’ve already done 10,000 miles of good work.

[Linked Image]

Two years isn’t much of a test though...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have nothing against the Polaris brand and have run them for tens of thousands of miles over the snow.

[Linked Image]

There are just so many better choices when it comes turning wheels IMO (and experience.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Other brands back to the road system...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
I actually do. I have several friends that work at the atv manufacturing plant and I live in MN...there are a few around. They don't impress me at all.

There are 4 other atv manufactures I'd consider before Polaris.

Now if we're talking snowmobiles, that's entirely different. Polaris is at the front of the line with the others quite a ways behind.
we have a stack of the 800rmks with the piston skirt broke.... Never buy the 1st year anything …

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Heaviest load I've had hooked up to the Grizzly 450 was a heavily built (homemade) 10 foot flatbed loaded with a big ass Honda generator and a steel transport cage containing a 200 pound feral hog.

This is our second Yamaha and we'll never buy anything but. They truly are great machines. Ours is a '12 model and is quickly closing in on 6500 miles, and if memory serves, over 1600 hours with no major problems.

You couldn't give me a Polaris.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by justin10mm

You couldn't give me a Polaris.

Yeah, but you know nothing of the "new Polaris". grin

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The only Polaris' I've ever seen that were worth anything were a pair of '97 2 stroke 300 Sportsmans that my aunt and cousin had. They seemed to be fairly reliable and were still running when they "upgraded" to new Poloris' a couple years back.

Now they've got a 700, a 500 and a brand new 570. The 700 has been in the shop more times than I can remember and the 500 was a major disappointment in quality so they got the 570 to help take up the slack. It is still too new to tell much about.

I'll pass on the new Polaris' thank you very much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Perhaps you missed the fact that Tzone made a funny? wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SAKO75
2013 Honda Foreman
475cc EFI
I use this trailer multiple times a week and fill it with everything, dirt, logs, sand, leaves,....

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/polar-trailer/hd-1500.

Turn your ATV or lawn tractor into an all-purpose hauling machine. The HD 1500 is by far our most popular model, and the perfect size for most any job. The HD 1500 takes you to another level - load capacity of 1,500 lbs. with an impressive 22 cubic foot hauling capacity. An extra-thick bed, walls and gunnels stand up to rock, firewood, pea gravel, gear, and game like no other. Built rugged, durable Tubular Frame Technology. Sheet metal frames don't compare.

High Impact Polyethylene Body
All Steel Frame with Powder Coat Finish
Shielded Ball Bearings - No Greasing Needed
Pass-Through Trailer Axle for Extra Clearance
The Original Tilt & Pivot Frame
Rugged Wide-Track Tires
Quick Release Tipper Latch

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/polar-trailer/accessories/side-rack-1500-series.html I have this also

Increase load size from 22 cubic feet to 35 cubic feet by adding side rails to your Polar 1500 Trailer.

Have the same....great trailer.

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/polar-trailer/hd-1500-ta.html

Last edited by Wacenturion; 07/24/15.

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Perhaps you missed the fact that Tzone made a funny? wink

No, I got that it was tongue in cheek. I still don't want a new Polaris.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use the Grizzly to retrieve the boat from the back of the yard....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ha, that is a neat pic. Was that a spring snow storm?

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No. It was a snow storm late last Fall during PA's rifle deer season, which begins the first Monday following Thanksgiving.

Besides fishing, I use the boat to taxi to and from my deer stand. Here is a pic from a few years ago:

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,887
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.