Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
As most know, Springfield issued a recall for their XDS compact .45s. I waited a year, to let the back log work out, and finally sent mine in for the conversion.
Time from asking for the free shipping lable, to getting the little pistol back took less than two weeks. That includes weekends.
When it showed up this morning, included in the box was a nifty little hard case, and a 7 round magazine. Both of those gratis.
I used their box, and immediately got another shipping lable from them, and took my second XDS over to the FedEx terminal.
I am very pleased.
[Linked Image]

Sam......

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So glad to hear it all worked out Sam. I like the XD's.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
sent my two off one at a time, so I could continue to carry one.

Sam......

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
They should have built the damn thing right to begin with.

I named my Dog..........wait for it.........Muhammad laugh

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad you got it back in short order. They treated me well also. I sold mine a couple weeks ago due to money issues. But those issues turned around real quick, so I just ordered a new XD Mod2 45. Hope it treats me as good as my XDS.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There is one with the 4 inch barrel in my buddy's shop. I can really like the balance on that particular piece.

Glad to hear that they did you right on the turn around time for your recall work.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM

since there never was a reported instance of the alledged 'problem' manifesting itself, I'd say the original design was pretty good. This was lawyer driven, not fact driven.

Sam......

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ya missed it Sam. grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Good to hear Springfield customer service is still top notch. Hopefully the quick turnaround and efficient servicing is extended to general warranty issues and not just those afflicted by a recall.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by EdM

since there never was a reported instance of the alledged 'problem' manifesting itself, I'd say the original design was pretty good. This was lawyer driven, not fact driven.
The XD's are just good guns.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I shot mine a whole bunch before the recall. I haven't sent it in yet. I heard some didn't like the trigger when they got their gun back.

"We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I am off to the range today, to test the XDS and I should be able to discuss the trigger after that.

Sam......

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Watch the front sight, Sam.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am off to the range today, to test the XDS and I should be able to discuss the trigger after that.

Looking forward to your report.

[Linked Image]

"We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
[quote=EdM]

I agree, Sam. My older XD9 has never burped on anything I put through it. And pretty darn accurate, too.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I found the fixed trigger to be slightly heavier but with a more positive "wall" just before firing rather than unpredictable mush. I prefer the fixed trigger.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Watch the front sight, Sam.

due to some other obligations, I did not get to spend a lot of time at the range. I did get 50 rounds down range though, and see no problem at all with the trigger pull. Feels the same to me.
As for the front sight, I have been carrying this pistol several times a week for well over a year now, and don't see any issues with the front sight.

Sam......

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That's good to hear that the trigger is the same. I have several other .45acp's and my XDS is very accurate for it's size, It's my main carry gun

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I have gotten my second XDS back from the upgrade process. Went to the range, and tested it. Trigger seems identical to the other one, which is good.
Nice to have two of my favorites back in the CCW rotation.
[Linked Image]

Sam......

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I did the same thing. Waited. Got the gun back in literally one week with new little case and extra 7 round mag. So, over on the XD forum, I started a thread that said: "Glad I waited."

I was called every name in the book for carrying an unsafe gun and bragging about it. It was ridiculously funny. I removed the bookmark from my puter and have never been back. Bunch of little girls.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
719 members (16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 63 invisible), 3,154 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.