Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This ostrich

[Linked Image]

was nearly shot several times during the Campfire Hog Hunt, due to aggression, but it was alive the last I saw of it, in South Texas. Considering it chased women and children, the ranch managers were eager to skewer it with an arrow. Maybe it wised up, and took off running to Montucky. smirk

Or maybe there's a tiger running loose in Monatana?

[video:youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPU7nvLW4po[/video]

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 05/29/15.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was Bowhunting on a buddy's Ranch in Coleman, TX a few years back, and I heard something crashing through the brush right at daylight right behind the feeder,. So I get out my binos, and see these two Huge ass Dinosaur looking legs, and then a damn Ostrich pops up 25 yards from me. Decided pretty quickly that I didn't want to fling an arrow at him and have him run off with one of my $25 Carbon Express Arrows!

This was a year before you could legally carry a Handgun, in TX, during Archery Season.

Nowadays, since they changed the TX Law, allowing CHL Holders to legally carry a Handgun in Archery only Season, I'm usually packing my Glock 20 in 10mm, or one of my Ruger BlackHawks, or a Colt SAA in .45 Colt.

And two years before that I was hunting that very same bow blind and had a Mountain Lion pass with in 30 yards of me right at dusk!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/29/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I was Bowhunting on a buddy's Ranch in Coleman, TX a few years back, and I heard something crashing threw the brush right at daylight right behind the feeder,. So I get out by binos, and see these two Huge ass Dinosaur looking legs, and then a damn Ostrich pops up 25 yards from me. Decided pretty quickly that I didn't want to fling an arrow at him and have him run off with one of my $25 Carbon Express Arrows!

Airgun time! grin

I'm afraid I'd have had to shot at the lion.. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I was Bowhunting on a buddy's Ranch in Coleman, TX a few years back, and I heard something crashing threw the brush right at daylight right behind the feeder,. So I get out by binos, and see these two Huge ass Dinosaur looking legs, and then a damn Ostrich pops up 25 yards from me. Decided pretty quickly that I didn't want to fling an arrow at him and have him run off with one of my $25 Carbon Express Arrows!

Airgun time! grin

I'm afraid I'd have had to shot at the lion.. wink

Oh the thought did seriously cross my mind!
But it was about a mile walk back to the truck and I had left my flashlight and cell phone in the truck, that evening. And I was thinking that tracking a wounded cougar in the dark with a bow in my hand was not gonna be such a good idea ! eek

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I bet the 'drumsticks' on the ostrich were missing!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
This ostrich

[Linked Image]

was nearly shot several times during the Campfire Hog Hunt, due to aggression, but it was alive the last I saw of it, in South Texas. Considering it chased women and children, the ranch managers were eager to skewer it with an arrow. Maybe it wised up, and took off running to Montucky. smirk

Or maybe there's a tiger running loose in Monatana?

[video:youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPU7nvLW4po[/video]

Can we assume that the bike belongs to the bird?

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
116 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.